NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings  (Read 2916 times)

Pete_Fett

• Jedi Council
Re: Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 08:41:25 PM »

Well - as a follow-up to my previous post - I picked up this game for the PSP.

It wasn't a "great" game, but it was an enjoyable game to play. There are five primary locales/stages and in those there are at least 8 levels each. Some levels are longer than others, so the game isn't "short" but it's also not long.

One of the ways they extend the game play is that if you play through on the "Easy" difficulty, you can level-up Indy and then reply the game with those upgrades on the Medium and Hard difficulties. For me I played through the first time on the medium difficulty which wasn't overly challenging and then I played the game over at the Hard difficulty.

The biggest reason why I replayed the game was to unlock the third Time Trial level - there are three of them, they each get unlocked with each difficulty level, but since I played through on the medium difficulty I got the first two unlocked when I finished. Two of the time trials are basically 'see how long you can survive' scenarios where you keep fighting an un-ending parade of bad guys.

The plot of the game is pretty solid, fits in well as another Indy adventure, the whole time I was wishing they had released this on the XBox 360 and done the story some serious justice, but whatever. The "Staff of Kings" is the Staff of Moses so like Falcon said - this helps the story fit in perfectly with the first three Indy movies.

Unlike the PSP version of The Force Unleashed, there's not a lot of replay value or pick-up-and-play value to this game. TFU on the PSP has cool duel modes that are fun to play through with the various characters that are available. It would have been fun if they had a mode where you could play through the game as Sallah or Maggie (the "love interest" in the game) but oh well.

Since I have Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb I mostly got this game to add to my collection of Star Wars and Indiana Jones games. If I ever get a Wii, I would pick up this game primarily for the port of the Fate of Atlantis game.

So to sum up - if you see this game on clearance and like Indy, I highly recommend it.
Peter

Pete_Fett

• Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 04:39:14 PM »

I think I'm going to pick up this game for the PSP - I have The Force Unleashed for the PSP and I love that game, I hope I will have as much fun with the PSP version.

I was very disappointed when they announced that they would not be putting out XBox 360/PS3 versions of this game. It seems kind of silly if you ask me.
Peter

MadCow

• Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 07:39:35 PM »

Gameplay is surprisingly good on the Wii, I usually find the Wii versions of games very annoying, but this one is relatively simple to control, mainly just punching, whip moves and picking up items. 

I totally agree about the Wii gameplay, that's why I usually get the PS3 versions. I'll have to give this a shot then. Thanks!

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 05:23:29 PM »

Wow, I really can't believe that they scrapped the PS3 version.  >:(

I'll have to pick up the Wii version then. That's good to hear about an unlockable game. How's the game play?

Gameplay is surprisingly good on the Wii, I usually find the Wii versions of games very annoying, but this one is relatively simple to control, mainly just punching, whip moves and picking up items. 
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

MadCow

• Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 08:52:32 PM »

Wow, I really can't believe that they scrapped the PS3 version.  >:(

I'll have to pick up the Wii version then. That's good to hear about an unlockable game. How's the game play?

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 06:01:35 PM »

I picked up this game for the Wii, but its also available for PS2, PSP and DS; no next gen consoles. 

Its pretty decent, the story is more along the lines of what to expect from the Indy that we know and love (1980s).  If you are a fan of Tomb Raider you will like this. 

The Wii version also has an unlockable Wii version for the Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.....

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.