NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Gentle Giant Mini Busts  (Read 11790 times)

Clone Commander

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Go Marty!
Re: Gentle Giant Mini Busts
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009, 09:33:20 AM »

Every Pre-Order should go this smoothly!  :D
Open Edition size, pre-defined window of opportunity...no rush.
No excess inventory and If you want one you can get one, works out perfectly.

hokiepoker

• Jedi Council
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 06:07:51 PM »

This arrived from GG today in my inbox:

The Holidays are right around the corner and here comes the deluxe Yak Face mini bust to help them along. We are taking guaranteed pre-orders for this holiday collectible through Friday, September 18th. Please note: You need to be logged in to your Premier Guild Membership to access the pre-order icon. This item is limited to one per member. Any order placed after Friday, September 18th will be waitlisted subject to availability; so place your order today! Click on the mini bust image and you will be directed to the product detail page.

Ushering in the holidays for 2009 is Saelt-Marae, known more affectionately as Yak Face to legions of Star Wars collectors! Appearing in Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi. Yak Face did most of his work in Jabba's Court, as self-serving conman and dealer of information who would betray anyone for the right price.

But Yak Face's real fame came in the form of a Kenner "Power of the Force" action figure released in 1985. A vintage Yak Face figure is highly sought after and it's rarity is primarily because he never saw distribution in the United States.

Gentle Giant is proud to introduce our 2009 Holiday mini bust . Yak Face comes with synthetic hair on his head and snout and is posed with his hands rested on his trusty staff...or, you can interchange the staff for a holiday Candy Cane and pop on his festive reindeer antlers just for fun.

Cast in high quality poly-stone and hand painted. This mini-bust will be strictly limited to orders received from Premier Guild members. Yak Face comes with interchangeable Staff, antlers and Candy Cane accessories as well as a hand numbered base with matching certificate of authenticity.

Clone Commander

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Go Marty!
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2009, 06:17:43 AM »

From gentlegiantcollectors.com

Take a high resolution look at the upcoming Gentle Giant PGM Exclusive, Yak Face, as well as, the Holiday version of him (he will be the 2009 annual Gentle Giant Holiday Gift). Look for him to go up for pre-order today for Gentle Giant PGM members.

The message boards have been buzzing for weeks about how this will be distributed and sold. Below is the breakdown on how you can add him to your collection. This was confirmed by Gentle Giant.

Box Style/Package #1 - Only For PGM Members - Comes with Yak Face Mini Bust and 3 "Accessories": Antlers, Candy Cane and Staff. This will allow the PGM Members to display him in both regular and holiday deco (very cool idea). Look for this to go up for pre-order as early as today for a limited time.

Box Style/Package #2 - This will be sent to the people on the Annual Holiday List from GG (dealers, sponsors, lucas people, reps, etc) - Comes with Yak Face Mini Bust and JUST the Holiday Deco (since it's a GIFT): Antlers, Candy Cane and do not have the staff. This will not be able to be purchased. The bust will be identical to the one offered by PGM, it just won't be packaged with the extra staff.

hokiepoker

• Jedi Council
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 07:06:00 PM »

I managed to get to a computer for like 5 min. and tried to order a couple things with no luck but it was after 5 so naturally everything I wanted was gone.  I really wish GG had trickled these out a little at a time over different days so as not to overload the server or just posted them up so that people that keep their wants list would see the item in stock and rush to order them.  I'm sure there will be plenty of backlash as to how they could unload these easier.  It's frustrating but I know that's how it works, just wish they wouldn't list all the AOTC on one day and wish they weren't holding back so many busts which we all thought were out of stock for so long.

MadCow

• Jedi Council
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 04:09:46 PM »

Well that was completely pointless...  ::)

I got 1 thing added to my cart but couldn't even checkout because it was gone before it could process...

MadCow

• Jedi Council
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 02:47:34 PM »

I got this email as well. It's going down on my lunch break so I'll see what happens. Mike if I can get Yoda, it's all yours...

hokiepoker

• Jedi Council
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 01:41:59 PM »

This was sent via e-mail from GG:

Dear Valued Premier Guild Member,

The Gentle Giant Staff has been laboring away in our warehouse and have come across some excellent finds! We would like to offer these collectibles to our Premier Guild Members to fill holes in their collections. We will be offering these items at the current prices of like items. These products will be sold on a first come first serve basis. As we continue to clear our warehouse to make space for upcoming releases; we will be offering groups of these limited edition collectibles on a weekly basis over the next few weeks.

There are very limited quantities of these premium sale items; ranging from 1 piece to several dozen of others. We will be offering Artist Proofs, Promotional and even some Low Edition Pieces!

Here is a preliminary listing some of the rare collectibles that will be going up for sale tomorrow, Friday, August 28th at 2:00 pm Pacific Time.  We will send out a full listing tomorrow prior to the launch and we will set up a blog page with links as well. Remember that links will not be active until 2:00 pm PST and you must be logged into your account to add the items to your cart.

Please be careful when placing your orders as the following rules will apply:

All sales are final. (Unless actual collectible piece is damaged or defective)
If you place several individual orders; due to the nature of this offering shipping cannot be combined.
Each collectible is limited to one per Premier Guild Member. Duplicate orders for the same item for the same customer will be cancelled.

Sale list for 8/28/09

Additional items will be included in the listing tomorrow.

Happy Collecting!

Gentle Giant Ltd Staff

If anyone can get online I could REALLY use help with the AOTC Yoda.  I don't have that piece but really want it and don't want to pay ebay prices.  Good luck!

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2009, 11:55:42 AM »

The Mynock Hunt Leia bust is up for preorder at SWS HERE.
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 08:44:31 PM »

Definitely not a surprise.  Especially since I was able to just walk up to the booth at SDCC and buy multiples of the Boba Fett bust in order to help some of the guys here.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 09:21:19 PM »

It will be Evil Bay for me now  :-\

hokiepoker

• Jedi Council
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 09:17:44 PM »

Had some Tie Pilot variant up but sold out when I got in.  That was fast.  Dang it!!!

I got the e-mail from GG but the link didn't work.  I checked out the store and they weren't there.  Checked out the store again and by the time it was listed they were already all gone.  I was acutally on the ball and still missed out in the blink of an eye.  Not surprising since they only had 24 available.  Hope I can find one somewhere along the way.

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 08:05:39 PM »

Had some Tie Pilot variant up but sold out when I got in.  That was fast.  Dang it!!!

mechleader

• Jedi Knight
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 01:52:43 PM »

Finally some action in here. Boba Concept is UP!

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 11:10:40 PM »

Me likey.  Need to create more room  ;D

hokiepoker

• Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 09:21:07 PM »

Well, now that SDCC is over it looks like we have quite a few new busts on the way.  GG will be releasing Yak Face (PGM Exclusive), Slave Leia, Battle Damaged Darth Vader Force Unleashed, Lando, and on a new concept video from GG there looks to be Darth Revan, Farm Boy Luke, General Veers, and Realistic Style Clone Wars Saeese Tiin (speculated by some to be the PGM membership bust for next year). 

Check out some GG pics courtesy of JTA here:
http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/swexperience/sdcc09/july22/gentlegiant/

Concept Video can be seen here:
http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000831.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 24 queries.

anything