New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My recent move & collection  (Read 1182 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: My recent move & collection
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2016, 05:26:55 AM »

Those displays look pretty nice!  Let's get some images on here along with some links.

http://www.blazondisplays.com/

3.75" FIGURE DISPLAY CASE - $149.99

6" FIGURE DISPLAY CASE - $139.99
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 07:34:55 PM »

Oops, almost forgot. You can go directly to the website blazondispalys.com and they are currently cheaper there than Amazon. I have 7 of them and I really like them. They make them for 3.75 as well as 6" figs.
Thanks.
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 08:48:51 AM »

Oops, almost forgot. You can go directly to the website blazondispalys.com and they are currently cheaper there than Amazon. I have 7 of them and I really like them. They make them for 3.75 as well as 6" figs.

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 08:46:38 AM »

I ordered mine from Amazon and the company is Blazonndisplays. They are pricey for what they are but they don't stick out far from the wall and are very clean looking. I had some problems with some arriving damaged but I just sent them back until I got a good one. Not a company problem, just a shipping problem. Sometimes you can find them on sale which is what I waited for. There is also a really cool website called figuredisplay.com where a guy can make you a custom shelf. I'm sure they are expensive but cool to look at.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 06:07:32 PM »

They make some nice wall displays for action figures so if you don't want to set up a full diorama then you can group the figures avoiding to movies or scenes and display on the walls. I have done that and it works out well, if you have the wall space.

I do. Where did u get them?

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 06:53:55 AM »

They make some nice wall displays for action figures so if you don't want to set up a full diorama then you can group the figures avoiding to movies or scenes and display on the walls. I have done that and it works out well, if you have the wall space.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 10:47:23 PM »

Yeah it's a tough decision I'm going going to sit on I think for a bit. I just don't think I have the energy to start over with displaying them and they would just sit in boxes.

Good thing about the mural is the buyers actually requested it not be painted over. Their son was a Star Wars fan!

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 11:27:45 AM »

I'd say store it for a while and see how it goes.  Meditate upon it.

What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 06:54:44 AM »

It's a very tough call, but only you know what your family needs along with your finances. 

As for time?  I think everyone has a tough time balancing that out between family, work and this hobby.  But then, do really have any sort of deadline that you have to meet?  One of the nice things about a hobby is that you can do it during some time for yourself. 

It's too bad you had to leave that mural behind.  It looked really nice!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
My recent move & collection
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 02:06:51 PM »

A few months ago, my wife and I found a new home and decided to move, not far from where we were but into a town we always wanted to be in and with better schools for our kids.   As most of you know, I have quite a large collection of 3.75 scale figures and vehicles.  In fact, I probably have at least 1 of every figure/vehicle or creature ever made in that scale since they re-released in the 90's.   I had also built and displayed several dioramas for most of the stuff over a span of 15 years, displaying them in an office I had in the house.  As you can imagine, it took me forever to take down, pack and move all of this stuff.  Instead of letting movers take the boxes, I stored most of it at my in-laws until the move.  The boxes almost filled an entire room. 

I never truly realized how much stuff and how many thousands of dollars I have spent until doing this.  I have also come to realize that I will probably never get to making a diorama or properly display all of the items that I want to.  So..... I am debating on a big decision, do I sell all of my stuff?   With my kids so involved in sports and school etc., there really is no time for this hobby of mine.  My plan is to now collect bigger scale stuff, GG statues, Hot toys and maybe a few 6" scale things to display in my new home.   I am finishing the basement and plan to go with a star wars theme where these can more easily be displayed then all the 3.75 inch dioramas.   

Anyway, just want to know if any of you had to make a decision like this or what you think?  I am leaning towards getting rid of it all but having a hard time going through with it!

By the way, I had also painted this in my old home and had to part with it (see attached)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:11:18 PM by Mandalorian »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 23 queries.

anything