New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Republic Commando: Delta Squad Mini Busts  (Read 14340 times)

hokiepoker

• Jedi Council
Re: Republic Commando: Delta Squad Mini Busts
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 09:10:30 PM »

FYI

Gentle Giant has posted the Delta Squad back up
on their store and listed as COMING SOON.

So for those that missed it keep an eye out.

If they supposedly oversold the product, how the heck is this possible?

According to GG everyone that placed an order that went through got the busts.  They had some duplicate orders so if you got a confirmation # then your order went through, even if you didn't get the confirmation e-mail yet.  Best thing to do is call GG if you aren't sure of your status.

MadCow

• Jedi Council
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »

FYI

If they supposedly oversold the product, how the heck is this possible?

Clone Commander

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Go Marty!
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 07:03:35 AM »

FYI

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 09:28:16 PM »

I just hope that I will score the 4 packs.  Will take off that day for sure.  The last few exclusives my wife didn't fare well at all  :D

hokiepoker

• Jedi Council
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 08:39:30 PM »

Although the Republic Commando was a bit of a fiasco GG in general is doing a lot better at listening to their customers.  They now give a mini bust as a PGM gift with a lot more opportunities for members to get exclusives.  I know everyone is bothered by things but when only 200 are  available for everyone someone is going to get stuck.  At least they put up these preorders even before the events occur where they will be exclusives.  Even though they aren't perfect they are doing better.  They should have a better system in place and it is frustrating but whether they sell out in 3 min or 37 it is still going to be hard to get a limited exclusive.  No matter what we will complain as collectors, some complain that the edition sizes are too large and the exclusives aren't really that exclusive and some want the edition sizes lower but complain when they can't get an item.  GG produces a nice item that people want.  Sideshow is better for sure but I am happy that GG is working towards making it better.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 01:06:08 PM »

It really is eye opening that we've been through this so many times before and still Gentle Giant cannot get it right.  I remember when this happened to me with the Blackhole Stormtrooper mini-bust.  So I definitely feel for all of you guys who missed out.  But having been through this before I feel all that much better that I didn't even try for the Republic Commandos this time around.

I know now why Gentle Giant's popularity has declined.  Leaving loyal customers feeling this frustrated isn't a good way to run a collectibles business.  And because of that my interest in Gentle Giant in general has declined.  Because it's not just this time around.  It's because we just keep getting the same kind of deal over and over again.  The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over but expecting different results.  And dealing with Gentle Giant on these kinds of offerings has become insanity.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 01:15:02 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

mechleader

• Jedi Knight
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 12:38:04 PM »

Dude I feel your pain Aurrasing666!

Trust me I Bit@hed and compained on RS about the issue. Its like throwing up a ball and having 1000 people jump for it.
 I was on at 2:54pm!!! Didn't get one till 3:37!
 Had all 4. Would not let me go through.
 One at a time. Same thing.
 Then I got one of the..and I get 2 EMAILS for 2 different busts?????? HOW does that happen?
 I only got through with 1.
 They suck. Plain and simple. Never going to change.
 Makes Sideshow look all the better.

MadCow

• Jedi Council
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 06:54:57 AM »

Apparently GG sold out in 37 minutes.........however they apparently oversold the busts again.  If you didn't get a confirmation e-mail then it is likely that you didn't get the order through in time and you may get a phone call saying you didn't make it.  Thankfully (all in part due to Clone Commanders help) my order went through and I got a confirmation e-mail.  Thanks for your help Chris and based on the time on my confirmation e-mail it went through at like 3:37 PM so it must have been one of the last orders to make it.........whew!

Damn, I was hitting "submit order" for 35 mins as well and it finally went through at 3:36. I haven't checked for the email though...

Clone Commander

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Go Marty!
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 06:21:07 AM »

Wife tried to submit the order but couldn't get through.  She got all busts in the cart but keep timing out on her.  Bummer  >:(

Bummer David, the good news though is that there are still going to be 200 FULL sets available for PG Members at a later date. Yesterdays pre-order were just for singles.
Since many already have a set or 2-3 of them already the traffic for the sets should be less.

It seems to be that even though GG upgraded their servers perhaps either not enough OR I suspect the bottleneck is the rate at which they can do the credit card validation. We seem to get the invalid credit card message during every pre-order.

Every major pre-order is like this so you MUST keep refreshing and submitting. I must have done it 1,000 times for almost 40 minutes. Eventually as the traffic slows your order should go through. Also because I think people at GG are manually bouncing orders to ease traffic at the bottleneck.

I have yet to get a confirmation email but I'm not overly worried. Since its hit and miss sometimes I get one and sometimes I don't. Mike All my orders yet to ship say N/A for status so you don't have to worry about that. As long as it's in your order history with an order # you should be good.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 06:25:15 AM by Clone Commander »

Aurrasing666

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • " Why So Serious?... "
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 12:55:25 AM »

WTF!  this is Bull Sh!t! i'm sick of GG!!! i went thru the BS for 35 minutes trying to get my order thru, i finally get it to go thru .. and ... No F@cking confirmation email and my order status NOW says N/A  WTF  i'm done with GG .. F them!!
All Scalpers Must Die!! I poop on scalper scum !!

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 10:50:07 PM »

Wife tried to submit the order but couldn't get through.  She got all busts in the cart but keep timing out on her.  Bummer  >:(

hokiepoker

• Jedi Council
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 09:19:37 PM »

Apparently GG sold out in 37 minutes.........however they apparently oversold the busts again.  If you didn't get a confirmation e-mail then it is likely that you didn't get the order through in time and you may get a phone call saying you didn't make it.  Thankfully (all in part due to Clone Commanders help) my order went through and I got a confirmation e-mail.  Thanks for your help Chris and based on the time on my confirmation e-mail it went through at like 3:37 PM so it must have been one of the last orders to make it.........whew!

Darth Monkey

• Jedi Council
  • Fool!
    • Darth Monkey on Myspace
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 03:17:49 PM »

Sorry, no.  But then I let my PGM lapse.  And I'm gonna be passing on the Commandos anyway.  I need to get a new car more than Republic Commando mini busts.

Yup, in the exact same boat myself, except I already bought the new car after my beloved PT Cruiser's transmission gave out on me shortly after it hit 100,000 miles.

I do wonder how these are going to do.  It seems like the 5 Clone Commanders were so much longer ago than 2007.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 02:11:55 PM »

Sorry, no.  But then I let my PGM lapse.  And I'm gonna be passing on the Commandos anyway.  I need to get a new car more than Republic Commando mini busts.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

MadCow

• Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 02:00:52 PM »

anyone get the link yet?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 24 queries.