NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen  (Read 8907 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: Transformers 2: Revenge Of The Fallen
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 03:31:17 PM »

I thought the Dinobots were awesome!  Bay just stinks.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 01:33:48 PM »

Actually, I hate Bay.  It does make sense though, a dinosaur isn't much of a disguise.  They'll probably use the name Grimlock for a random Autobot with one line.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Clone Commander

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Go Marty!
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 12:23:24 PM »

Bay - No DINOBOTS in live action movies.   :-\

According to an article in the latest issue of Empire magazine Transformers Revenge of the Fallen director Michael Bay makes clear his views on the inclusion (or lack thereof) of the Dinobot's in the live action films. Bay comments that "They've never been discussed [for inclusion]. I don't like them. Actually, I hate them.". This comes as sad news to fans of the beloved G1 characters and does not bode well for those hoping for the inclusion of the Dinobot's for the third installment of the film.

I think they could have done a flash back (pre-historic  time period) when a recon team of autobots could have come to Earth to investigate Megs whereabouts. Perhaps a few autobots could have taken Dinobot form then.

Pete_Fett

• Jedi Council
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2009, 03:03:44 PM »

I hope you guys who loved Transformers: ROTF remember these comments when G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra hits in August.  TF has set the bar so low for me that I'm actually looking forward to G.I. Joe now.

I agree with you Ben. This was NOT a good movie.

To me it felt like they had written a "The Fallen tries to Destroy Our Sun" movie and a "Starscream and the Decepticons Resurrect Megatron" movie and when both scripts were nothing more than 90 minute movies, they decided to cram them together into one big incoherent mess.

I'm sorry if I'm going to break the embargo on spoilers, but here it goes.

They killed off Optimus Prime in this movie.

This movie had the potential for being viewed by fanboys for decades on the same level as Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and The Empire Strikes Back. They could have seriously ended this movie with the Decepticons having the upper-hand leading into a third movie.

I think they should have stuck with The Fallen and had his own little force of Decepticons consisting of the Constructicons, Demolisher (the big guy from the beginning) and Rampage (the bull dozer at the end) and made the movie entirely about the Fallen coming to Earth to activate that machine. The plot is pretty easy to work through....

- Start off with Autobots and humans fighting the remaining Decepticons who came to Earth in the first movie (except Starscream)
- Have the big fight with Demolisher which isn't hush-hush like the governments want
- Have The Fallen's minions focus more on making the Autobots look "bad" so the humans ask them to leave
- Autobots leave Earth
- Now with Earth unprotected, The Fallen hatches his plan to reactivate that machine
- Have the symbols that Sam sees lead him first to JetFire and then to the device (key) that will start up the machine (i.e. NOT the Matrix of Leadership)
- Once recovered have the key stolen, the Fallen has Devastator destroy the pyramid
- The Autobots return to Earth to stop The Fallen and the humans admit they never should have asked them to leave and then the big fight in Egypt ensues
- Have Optimus square off against The Fallen (and not do so well) as the rest of the Autobots face off with Devastator to destroy the machine
- Have JetFire decide during that fight to change his allegience to Autobot from Decepticon and then have JetFire join the fight with Optimus to defeat The Fallen
- Have The Fallen land one last fatal blow that kills Optimus
- Movie ends with Optimus dead and Jetfire telling everyone about the Matrix of Leadership and how it can be used to bring back Optimus from the dead

That's where the movie should have left off.

The third movie could have then focused on Starscream, Soundwave, Ravage and some more Decepticons coming back to Earth, steeling the other shard of the cube from the first movie to resurrect Megatron while the Autobots and Jetfire go on a mission to retrieve the Matrix of Leadership to resurrect Optimus Prime.

They tried to cover TOO MUCH in this movie and instead of covering everything well, they ended up covering NOTHING well at all.

Don't get me wrong, it had some great effects and good action sequences, but not much more than that.

Peter

Darth Monkey

• Jedi Council
  • Fool!
    • Darth Monkey on Myspace
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 11:51:38 AM »

I hope you guys who loved Transformers: ROTF remember these comments when G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra hits in August.  TF has set the bar so low for me that I'm actually looking forward to G.I. Joe now.

Gaussian Blur

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
  • I felt a great disturbance in the Force...
    • Kid Kosher: The Hip Hop Hebrew
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2009, 09:46:06 AM »

Watched my bootleg copy of this last night. Loved it!

Two things that bothered me though:
I didn't like the Decepticon that looked like a hot girl.
What was up with Ravage vomiting that swarm of tiny 'bots that were able to steal the all spark fragment?
Wars don't determine who is right, they determine who is left...

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 06:04:20 AM »

I don't remember from the first movie but maybe that's what the humans said and we underestimated the Transformers.  I'm glad they brought back Megatron, you need to have him along with Optimus.  I guess one part which is a little confusing is that the Allspark (or even it's pieces) can give life to a hunk of metal or machinery but it killed Megatron.....and if it can give life to inanimate objects then why couldn't they have just used it to touch it to Optimus Primes dead body and make him come back to life. 

You're right.  Never thought about that.  Maybe the humans just didn't know.  Jetfire could have told them, "Hey if you didn't just waste that splinter on me...."

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2009, 09:43:52 PM »

I thought they dropped Megatron in the trench b/c it was too cold down there for robots to function.

I don't remember from the first movie but maybe that's what the humans said and we underestimated the Transformers.  I'm glad they brought back Megatron, you need to have him along with Optimus.  I guess one part which is a little confusing is that the Allspark (or even it's pieces) can give life to a hunk of metal or machinery but it killed Megatron.....and if it can give life to inanimate objects then why couldn't they have just used it to touch it to Optimus Primes dead body and make him come back to life. 

Aurrasing666

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • " Why So Serious?... "
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2009, 08:31:46 PM »

Saw this tonite with my bro, i thought it was awesome!  lots of action, sh!t blowing up YES  ;D
All Scalpers Must Die!! I poop on scalper scum !!

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 05:17:19 PM »

I thought they dropped Megatron in the trench b/c it was too cold down there for robots to function.

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 05:07:08 PM »

Just saw the movie today with my nephew, loved it.  How can you not like a movie where all they do is go around and blow things up.  I know the critics are hard on movies but they prefer sappy dramas and 2 homosexuals riding horses (not that there is anything wrong with that).  This movie is exactly what I wanted and hoped to see.  I like the line about being under the robots (Devastator's) scrotum.  Was glad to see Ravage and that they stuck with the sneaky Jaguar and that he came from Soundwave.  All in all I was pleased.

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 09:12:57 AM »

When can we begin to discuss the finer points of this movie??

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 07:02:43 AM »

She was on the Jimmy Kimmel show Friday night and they kind of referenced that.  One of Jimmy's security people claimed to be a huge fan, so she called him over and gave him a fake kiss and a hug and wrapped her legs around him.

In her defense, I heard that before the kid with the rose was snubbed a guy in another city actually got close enough to her that he was able to kiss her.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 07:08:12 AM by Falcon »
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 05:49:15 AM »

That kid with the rose has become a big news story.  She says she didn't see him and has offered to send a signed picture, etc.  Plus I think Kodak has offered a $50K reward and a real rose exchange if the kid will come forward.

Darth Monkey

• Jedi Council
  • Fool!
    • Darth Monkey on Myspace
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 10:29:27 PM »

Is it me, or does Megan Fox seem totally disgusted by this kid?

Did he just step out of a Delorean from 1985?  Who cuts their hair like that anymore?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.217 seconds with 24 queries.