New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GI JOE - 3 3/4" Figures, Vehicles, et al  (Read 3001 times)

DavAnthony

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
Re: GI JOE - 3 3/4" Figures, Vehicles, et al
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 10:05:31 PM »

I'm keeping my eyes open for them too.  So far no luck, which one's you looking for so if by some rare chance they show up I can grab extras.

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
Re: GI JOE - 3 3/4" Figures, Vehicles, et al
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »

I don't know how many people are interested in this, but there are some Joe figures exclusive to a store called Dollar General. Here's some pictures http://kastorskorner.com/wp/2012/05/28/gi-joe-dollar-wave-lives-up-to-the-hype/
 They are hard to come by, I've searched at least 5 differnent stores and came up empty.

Pete_Fett

• Jedi Council
Re: GI JOe 3 3/4
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 08:47:36 PM »

I like the look of the Cobra Gunship.  It actually makes me want to buy one to customize as a Clone Vehicle.

Yeah - I was thinking the same thing, I might want to try one out, put some Republic Insignias on it and see if I like it.

I'm still trying to decide if it's worth picking up at the $25 price-tag.
Peter

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 02:54:17 PM »

I've been seeing more and more of the figures and toys this weekend while trying to track down some Star Wars stock.  Some of the figures seem OKAY.  Hasbro's insistence on packing in those ridiculously large weapons in the packs is baffling.  I understand the play value concept.  But these things make what might be a really good figure look cheap.

The vehicles?  A bit overpriced, IMHO.  I like the look of the Cobra Gunship.  It actually makes me want to buy one to customize as a Clone Vehicle.  But the Joes seem to be lacking in the vehicle department.  And The Pit?  It looks more like the Sail Barge than anything I would've imagined the GI Joe pit to be like.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • Gregorbian's Customs
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 10:32:24 PM »

I'm really digging this line of figures.  I like the blue fatigues on the G.I. Joes but I'm not sure why.  Both the light armored figures and the Delta-6 suits look great.  The D-6 suits remind me of ODSTs from Halo, but then again, I might just be looking for that...
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Darth Monkey

• Jedi Council
  • Fool!
    • Darth Monkey on Myspace
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 02:38:22 PM »

I think overall this is a nice looking line, and the look of the movie is starting to grow on me a little.  It's very consistent, which is hard to achieve if you look at G.I.Joe over its entire 1982-1994 lifespan.  I'm sure I'll be picking up a Snake Eyes and a Storm Shadow at the very least, though some of the various Vipers are admittedly cool.

The PIT is certainly an impressive toy.  I just wish they had made it seem more like the BMF or the AT-TE where it was a functional vehicle, not a giant vehicle that opened up to be a quasi-playset-base thingee, or whatever it is.

If someone ends up getting the Night Raven, I'd be curious to see how it compares to the original.

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
GI JOE - 3 3/4" Figures, Vehicles, et al
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »

Didn't realize this thread was gone.

Anyway, the new figures, vehicles, and such are out in force at TRU and Target.  I bought a few so far but will wait for the TRU sales in 2 weeks(2 for $10).  Some figures look great while some look horrible, especially the female ones(Scartlett and Cover Girl).  The vehicles are nice and the Big PIT is cool to have.

Somehow, Hasbro manage to make the packaging for the GI Joe figures look more fuller in the bubble than SW ones.  In SW, we only see the figure and that's it.  Not sure if parents can justify the price for SW.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 02:54:46 PM by Nicklab »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 23 queries.