NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition  (Read 3445 times)

Pete_Fett

• Jedi Council
Re: The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 09:13:50 AM »

So has anyone gotten this new version of the game? 

I did - I love the Hoth level - it's great. I think it would have been better if you were sent after Yoda and it turned out that Luke was already there so you had to fight them both, but still it was a good level.

I guess the reason they  chose Hoth was because it naturally gives you Hoth Rebel Troopers, Snowtroopers and Wampas to fight/cut-down. On Dagobah, they would have needed to do something like the Kazdan Paradus level where Yoda was using the Force to create adversaries to fight.
Peter

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 11:59:54 PM »

So has anyone gotten this new version of the game? 
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Pete_Fett

• Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 10:49:05 PM »

Well - even though I will be picking up the Ultimate Sith Edition when it comes out in November, I went ahead and spent the XBox Live points and bought the Tatooine level.

It was a nicely put together level. I'm not sure if this really counts as a "spoiler" at this point, since it's been available for a while, but here's a rundown of what happens in the level:

1) You start off getting a communication from the Emperor who makes his displeasure in the fact that you, instead of Vader, are now his apprentice VERY clear - you have been dispatched to recover the droids with the stolen plans to the Death Star and he's asking for an update on your progress, of which there is none to report. So he tells you to pay a visit to Jabba the Hutt to see if Jabba knows about the droids.

2) You then proceed to Jabba's palace killing Jawas, destroying a Sandcrawler and fighting off Tusken Raiders.

3) Once you're in Jabba's palace you make your way down the main hall fighting off Gamorean Guards, eventually though Jabba invites you in for an audience with him.

4) When you're in front of Jabba, you ask him about the droids, he says he knows nothing, but Jabba's interpreter droid lets it slip that they know where the droids are and that they are in Mos Eisley. Jabba gets angry at the droid and then proceeds to drop you into the Rancor Pit.

5) Just like Luke, you now have to fight off the rancor. If you can drop the gate on the rancor you can get an XBox achievement for doing so.

6) Once you're out of the rancor pit you fight your way through Jabba's dungeon, you come across the droid torture room from ROTJ. You also enter into a room where for some reason, the remains of Proxy are lying on the floor. And even odder still, he recognizes you and with Proxy's help, you are able to move past the major obstacle in this room.

7) You eventually fight your way to a hanger where Jabba's sail barge is docked and you face off with Boba Fett. Since this is an alternate universe take on the saga, you of course kill Boba to move to the next phase of the level. He's not the "boss" of the level, but he is like a "boss" fight. I didn't have too much trouble with him, but I'm not sure at this point if it's because I've played this game so much or if he just really wasn't that tough.

8) After you defeat Boba, you steal a skiff and fly to Mos Eisley. You arrive at Docking Bay 94 just as the droids are being loaded onto the Falcon. Obi-Wan stays behind as the Falcon lifts off (but does not leave, it just hovers above the floor of the docking bay).

9) You engage Obi-Wan, Starkiller remarks that it will be enjoyable to defeat the "real" Obi-Wan Kenobi which is in reference to the Obi-Wan program that Proxy used to have. You defeat Obi-Wan of course and he becomes a force ghost, which you then have to fight again. So essentially you have to defeat Obi-Wan twice.

10) The weird part is that you are lead to believe that you've "destroyed" Obi-Wan's force ghost, yet after you do, Obi-Wan's voice still speaks out the "Run Luke, Run" line. Starkiller makes a run for the Falcon, grabs onto the hull, but is only able to place a tracking beacon onto the ship and then drops back to the ground.

Level Ends...

I found this ending a bit odd. Like I said in my earlier post, they are assuming that too many things STILL happen even with the Dark Side ending of the game. I think it's fair to assume that the Rebels may have NEVER stolen the plans in the Dark Side ending, but I do see Leia trying to recruit Obi-Wan for leadership which would have made much more sense.

The level was fun to play, so I'm happy that I bought it. I can't wait to see what they have you do in the Empire level.

I would still love to see them go back a re-insert the levels that are in the PSP/PS2/Wii version of the game into the XBox/PS3 version - specifically, the level on Bespin when you save Senator Bel Iblis - that level was a lot of fun to play on the PSP.

Peter

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 11:49:01 PM »

Check out THIS OFFICIAL SITE POSTING about a collector's edition of The Ultimate Sith Edition:

The Force Unleashed Collectors Edition

September 18, 2009

This November, fans of The Force Unleashed will be able to pick up the collectors edition of the game. Named The Ultimate Sith Edition, it continues the story of Starkiller, Darth Vader's secret apprentice. For the collector, the metallic case contains brand new artwork, featuring characters from the game that you all know so well. The recent downloadable content is also included so players who didn't pick up the world of Tatooine or the Jedi Temple will get their chance. Exclusive to The Ultimate Sith Edition is Hoth, where players control Starkiller as he decimates the Rebel base so iconic in Episode V.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:55:28 PM by Nicklab »

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 08:55:28 PM »

Check out the box cover art on the Amazon.com Pre-order Listings.

Glad to see the price isn't at $59.99, I have TFU for the Wii since I didn't have an 360 at the time, so with the Sith Edition at $39.99, I don't have to feel bad getting this 2nd version.

Game is due November 3rd.
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

Pete_Fett

• Jedi Council
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 07:33:23 PM »

Yeah - they do look cool.

I think they missed a really good opportunity with the second level - instead of going after Luke on Hoth, it should have been going after Yoda on Dagobah.

It's stupid to assume that if Obi-Wan is killed by the Secret Apprentice before meeting up with Luke in the regular events of ANH, then three years later, the chances of Luke being with the Rebellion on Hoth are slim to none. Nevermind the fact that it was Luke who scouted out the base on Hoth for the Rebels AND nevermind the fact that the three founders of the Rebellion all DIE in the Sith Apprentice ending to the Force Unleashed.

So I guess it's best to just enjoy them as "what if?" scenarios and not worry about them fitting well into EITHER ending of the original game...
Peter

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 08:43:41 AM »

The Hoth and Tatooine levels look very cool.

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 10:45:20 PM »

Announced at Comic Con, TFU is being re-released this Xmas as the Ultimate Sith Edition, sort of an Infinities version of the saga, check out the trailer at the Official Site HERE.
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 22 queries.