New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MCU - Captain America Movie Series  (Read 15498 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: MCU - Captain America Movie Series
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2016, 04:43:14 PM »

The stage was being set for this in Avengers - Age of Ultron.  Notably in the scene when Stark and Cap are splitting wood on Hawkeye's farm.  Stark sees the potential for his tech to take over the super hero business so that his friends won't get killed.  And Steve Rogers sees the need for people to be involved because their judgement and values are important to the process.

As for the trailer?  I think it looks fantastic!  But I'm left wondering how the tag scene from the end of Avengers - Age of Ultron with Cap, Falcon and the Winter Soldier plays into this story.  Or are the scenes of the Winter Soldier being in cold storage in Russia just some sort of flashback?

I also have to admit to being WRONG, SO WRONG about Chris Evans as Captain America.  I was SOOOOOOO skeptical about him playing this role, especially after that second FF movie where he played Johnny Storm.  I didn't think he was going to be capable of creating a distinct Captain America character.  But my oh my, was I wrong!  Chris Evans was able to craft such a different character, fleshing out Steve Rogers as this incredibly decent and bright guy who wanted to do the right thing.  And he exuded this humility while being this amazing fighter and a great leader.  I know a lot of people have sung the praises of Robert Downey Jr. in getting the ball rolling in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.  But as the Iron Man story arc has moved forward, his stories have gotten a little more difficult to digest.  But the Cap stories have been growing in their depth, intrigue and emotional content.  Because of that I think I'm looking forward to this movie a great deal, even though I never read the Civil War comic series.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 04:52:30 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2016, 03:55:34 PM »

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see the good guys fighting each other??
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2016, 12:51:42 PM »

Check out the new trailer for Captain America - Civil War, complete with a Spiderman reveal!

I think this is going to be the best Marvel movie yet, I cant wait to see it. 
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2016, 12:12:49 PM »

Check out the new trailer for Captain America - Civil War, complete with a Spiderman reveal!

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2016, 05:28:20 PM »

So what side are YOU on?  Team Cap?  Or Team Iron Man?

Well, it looks like Crossbones is on his own team.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2015, 08:28:41 PM »

It seems that there *MIGHT* be something related to Captain America - The Winter Soldier and Captain America - Civil War in theaters right now.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2015, 09:57:05 PM »

I'm not sure how legit this one is, but check it out.  If the movie is due out in May of 2016, I think we'll see an official trailer some time soon.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2015, 08:39:27 PM »

Small trailer for civil war from Indi comic con

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n0_x5bqospk
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2014, 07:57:06 PM »

I didn't read the Civil War series, but I understand the gyst of it, and that it was about super powered heroes revealing their identities or registering with the United States government.  Still,in the MCU, the whole concept of secret identities seems to have gotten thrown out the window.  Thor seems to be Thor all the time.  Cap's identity isn't secret and he hasn't really made a point of keeping the mask on at all times.  Tony Stark made his own public declaration at the end of the first Iron Man.  And Black Widow was outed publically at the end of "Winter Soldier".

I can see that there's the potential for the US government to want to get these super powered individuals under their control.  It looks like the first bits of that are already beginning to play out on Agents of SHIELD with the conflict between SHIELD and General Talbot's unit.  Factions like Talbot's within the military seem to be seeking to fill the void left by the destruction of SHIELD as an organization.

The thing is...  I don't know if I can see either Cap or Iron Man in the MCU taking sides against one another.  Their relationship has certainly been tense, but seems to have grown.  And both of them have encountered government forces in MCU films that would leave them skeptical about some sort of government registration.  But then we do have the events of Avengers - Age of Ultron set to take place, and no doubt that's going to shape the big picture storyline heading into Captain America 3.

pakledjim

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2014, 04:39:39 PM »

According to this article, Captain America 3 will also star RDJ as Iron Man and will focus on the Marvel Civil War storyline.
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Huge-Salary-Robert-Downey-Jr-Earn-Captain-America-3-67685.html?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_290813
There is A LOT of movement in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as of late, and today alone has provided us with some huge developments involving the still-under-wraps Captain America 3. Not only did we find out that the Civil War storyline is going to start up with the third (and final?) Captain America film, but also that Spider-Man might be involved in the future. Of course, this was all trumped by the announcement that Robert Downey Jr. will be on hand as Tony Stark in the next Steve Rogers adventure, which not only signals big happenings but also a big pay day. The reported figure is $40 million-plus.
 Thanks to Variety, we now have an idea of just how big of a pay day he'll be raking in after his recent negotiations. So how much does it take to hire Robert Downey Jr. for an appearance in a Marvel movie? Well, if the past is any indication, $50 million would be the number to beat. That was the figure Marvel Studios signed over for Downey Jr.'s participation in The Avengers.
 Of course, that's not how much Robert Downey Jr. will be banking for Captain America 3, as Variety's sources say he's signed on for a $40 million pay day up front, in exchange for an expansion of his role in the film. Originally, Tony Stark was going to be a bit player in the next Chris Evans led film, but Downey Jr. expressed that he wanted a meatier part in what promises to set Marvel Studios up for the next couple of phases. However there is a way that Iron Man could be bringing home something extra when this is all done and over, as he's reportedly negotiated a portion of the film's backend profits.
 In addition to receiving a cut of Captain America 3's profits, there's a clause set in Robert Downey Jr.'s contract that will put him in line for another pay out if the film breaks the franchise's record. So if Captain America 3 exceeds the $714 million total gross that Captain America: The Winter Soldier brought in, Downey Jr. will receive an extra pay out, presumably for making that happen. It's not a bad assumption, as Iron Man is still the highest grossing stand-alone hero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the Marvel/Robert Downey Jr. brand is at peak output as we speak.
 As far as what Robert Downey Jr. has brought to the table for Marvel Studios, the agreement to pay him in such a manner is well deserved. If his role in Captain America 3 was maintained at the previous level of involvement that was denoted, it could be seen as a bit exorbitant, but seeing as he's now playing an official lead role, he'll be earning every penny. No matter the scenario, Downey Jr. looks like he'll retire/scale back his involvement in the Marvel Cinematic Universe within the next couple of years. If he wants to go out with a bang, and get paid in the process, he's well earned that right by consistently delivering for Marvel Studios.
 No matter how you slice it, Captain America 3 is going to change everything, and if the rumors are true and the stars and stripes align, Joe and Anthony Russo will become the next masters of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with The Avengers 3 and 4 in their care. Captain America 3 breaks the mold on May 6, 2016. Your move, Batman v. Superman: Dawn Of Justice.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:57:28 PM by Nicklab »

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2014, 01:02:49 PM »

Ah.  My mistake.  I think it's available on Amazon instant video starting tomorrow.

Yea, they've been doing that with quite a few titles
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2014, 12:21:43 PM »

Ah.  My mistake.  I think it's available on Amazon instant video starting tomorrow.

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2014, 11:34:49 AM »

Captain America - The Winter Soldier gets released tomorrow on BluRay/DVD.  Does anyone want to venture a guess about what the Marvel One-Shot attached to this title will be about?  Has anyone heard any rumors?

Not out til 9/9; Amazing Spider-man 2 is this week. 
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2014, 11:32:39 AM »

Captain America - The Winter Soldier gets released tomorrow on BluRay/DVD.  Does anyone want to venture a guess about what the Marvel One-Shot attached to this title will be about?  Has anyone heard any rumors?

The Hydra algorithm.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2014, 08:30:11 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 22 queries.