NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MCU - Captain America Movie Series  (Read 18096 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: MCU - Captain America Movie Series
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2014, 04:36:38 PM »

The writing on this movie was far better than what we got in Iron Man 3 and Thor - The Dark World.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

pakledjim

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2014, 04:02:20 PM »

Saw it last week, really enjoyed. The Marvel sequels as of late have been underwhelming, but this one is actually good.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2014, 08:05:40 PM »

On a related note I've heard that Chris Evans is signed to do Avengers - Age of Ultron and Captain America 3 and then that may be it for him.  Reports have it that he's interested in getting into directing.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »

I saw it last night as well.

It's amazing how well they are tying the cinematic universe together, and the more you see, the more payoff there's been; a great example is revealing Garry Shandling's Senator Stern from IM2 as a Hydra conspirator,  totally pays off his interest in confiscating Stark's armors.

A few weeks ago Amazon had the soundtrack listed with a track called "Alexander Pierce is the Red Skull" so I was surprised, more like disappointed that wasn't the case, though how they included of Zola was interesting. 

Some other points for me:

Looks like we're setup for Crossbones in a Cap 3

Didn't really care for the "Twins" end credit scene

Nice touch including the "Path of the righteous man...." Bible verse on Fury's headstone

On a side note, I took my son and it was a pretty amazing experience to be sitting in a theater waiting to see a legit Captain America movie and seeing trailers for X-men, Spider-man and Guardians of the Galaxy movies.  Kids today just don't know how good they have it. 😉

Agreed on all, I enjoyed the trailers as much as the movie.  All 3 movies I cant wait to see now.  Spider Man will be amazing in 3D I bet!   

I hear that Sebastian Stan is signed for 6 marvel films.  Either he will be in the next 2 avengers and one of the others or (like hulk or another hero?), or he is going to do the next 3 cap movies as cap- following the comic book line?  Will be interesting to see. 
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2014, 06:15:38 AM »

I avoided the soundtrack spoiler, but had a hunch Redford would be the Red Skull.  Mainly because his face looks so horrible.  He wouldn't even need make-up, just spray paint him red.

Anyway, any idea how that ended up on the soundtrack?  Was it an abandoned storyline?

There was also a track called Quill's SOS which I guess was supposed to be a link towards Guardians of the Galaxy, but I guess that changed too
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2014, 01:53:09 AM »

I avoided the soundtrack spoiler, but had a hunch Redford would be the Red Skull.  Mainly because his face looks so horrible.  He wouldn't even need make-up, just spray paint him red.

Anyway, any idea how that ended up on the soundtrack?  Was it an abandoned storyline?
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2014, 08:49:27 PM »

I saw it last night as well.

It's amazing how well they are tying the cinematic universe together, and the more you see, the more payoff there's been; a great example is revealing Garry Shandling's Senator Stern from IM2 as a Hydra conspirator,  totally pays off his interest in confiscating Stark's armors.

A few weeks ago Amazon had the soundtrack listed with a track called "Alexander Pierce is the Red Skull" so I was surprised, more like disappointed that wasn't the case, though how they included of Zola was interesting. 

Some other points for me:

Looks like we're setup for Crossbones in a Cap 3

Didn't really care for the "Twins" end credit scene

Nice touch including the "Path of the righteous man...." Bible verse on Fury's headstone

On a side note, I took my son and it was a pretty amazing experience to be sitting in a theater waiting to see a legit Captain America movie and seeing trailers for X-men, Spider-man and Guardians of the Galaxy movies.  Kids today just don't know how good they have it. 😉

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2014, 08:03:59 AM »

Caught the movie last night.  I really liked the first Captain America, but I have to say that this one was really good!  It had such a different tone from the first movie, but I think it works since the new film is set in modern times.

Cap still seems like a man out of time.  His references definitely say that clearly, although he seems very much like he's working to get himself caught up on everything he's missed.  The fact that he's keeping a list was actually pretty cool.

His working relationship with the Black Widow has been interesting.  Clearly, there are trust issues between the two of them.  But I think the story arc definitely works toward building the trust between the two of them.  And I think that comes about most when Widow exposes herself and her past to the whole world.

Truth be told, I was actually expecting something different from Falcon.  For some reason I thought that his backstory was going to be similar to Black Widow and Hawkeye, and that he was another SHIELD agent.  It was actually a little refreshing to see that this wasn't the case.  And I think he and Cap developed a good friendship based on their shared experience as veterans.

Fury was finally able to show just how much of a badass he is.  The chase through DC was great, as were the fight sequences.  And he was able to show that he is the master spy in the process.  It's only been hinted at before, but here we finally got to see him in action.

Some of the villain appearances were awesome.  GSP as Batroc was actually pretty awesome.  And his fight with Cap was better than I thought it was going to be.  Brock Rumlow as a SHIELD strike agent was a nice nod to the comics.  There were really only hints at him and his future, but very cool ones.  And the way that Arnim Zola was realized was very cool.  I knew a little bit about his comic character and I think the way he was captured for this film was great.  It built on the story from the first film and also tied in with how history played out after WWII.  And then the twist that Zola was part of a Hydra infiltration into SHIELD that was 70 years in the making?  WHOA.

One of the things I liked most of all about the movie is that the plot was topical.  The whole thing really revolved around the concepts of personal privacy and freedoms that are playing out in the political arena right now. 

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2014, 10:03:48 PM »

Saw it as well. Good movie. A lot interesting characters we shout dee more of as well.
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2014, 03:49:17 PM »

Saw this today.  Very good movie.

It's really a political thriller with superheroes.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2014, 07:32:15 PM »

A fairly lengthy clip has been posted on YouTube.  And it turns out that another character from the Captain America comics has made his way into the new movie.  MMA and UFC fans will instantly know Georges St-Pierre, but may not know the character he's playing.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2014, 09:17:23 AM »

Hmmmm. Sounds interesting. I actually started searching to see what it might be and came across some crazy theories. Guess I'll just have to wait.

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »

Does it have anything to do with one of the new cast additions for Avengers 2?  Because I was somewhat surprised to see a recent Cap related sort of character pop up on the cast list for that movie.

An addition, but one from early on...

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2014, 08:56:11 PM »

Does it have anything to do with one of the new cast additions for Avengers 2?  Because I was somewhat surprised to see a recent Cap related sort of character pop up on the cast list for that movie.

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2014, 06:44:56 PM »

If you happen across the Cap 2 soundtrack, DO NOT READ THE TRACK LISTINGS...MAJOR SPOILER.

You'd think I would have learned after TPM soundtrack back in '99.  :-\

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 23 queries.