New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCU - Captain America Movie Series  (Read 15542 times)

DavAnthony

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
Re: MCU - Captain America Movie Series
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 11:20:56 PM »

I'm liking this.  I think Evans is a rarity in Hollywood, in that he is actually talented and I believe he'll do a good job.  Hugo Weaving is an enormously talented actor who has been good in just about every movie I've seen him in.  He was also my personal pick for the Joker in The Dark Knight.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 09:25:50 PM »

I think its a good pick. I think Evans will be good, and weaving is the red skull! nice.
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 09:14:01 PM »

Interesting that they would go back to an actor who has already done a Marvel movie.  But then I think that Chris Evans has done some better work since he took on Johnny Storm in the FF movies.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 03:34:06 PM »

Hmmmmmm..........

Chris Evans to play 'Captain America'

Thesp to star in three Marvel films, in addition to 'Avengers'
By MARC GRASER

Chris Evans will don the star-spangled superhero suit to play Captain America for Marvel Entertainment.

Evans accepted an offer made by the comicbook publisher late last week, beating out a number of thesps who test-screened for the high-profile role.

Deal, which Evans' reps are finalizing, calls for the actor to star in at least three "Captain America" movies, starting with "The First Avenger: Captain America," which Marvel is set to invade theaters with on July 22, 2011. Paramount will distribute.

He also would reprise the role in "The Avengers," which will unite Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and the Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton) in one pic. That film is skedded for May 4, 2012. The character also will likely make cameo appearances in Marvel's other pics, to tie together the world Marvel has been creating starting with the first "Iron Man."

Joe Johnston, who most recently directed "The Wolfman" for Universal, will helm "Captain America" from a script by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

The character, created by Jack Kirby and Joe Simon, was introduced during the 1940s as a sickly young man who, when injected with a super-soldier serum, is turned into the perfect human weapon to aid the United States' effort to fight the Nazis during World War II. His costume resembles the American flag and he flings an indestructible shield as his primary weapon. Pic will essentially be an origin story.

Hugo Weaving will play the villain, Red Skull.

Kevin Feige will produce for Marvel, Stephen Broussard serving as co-producer. David Maisel, Stratton Leopold, Louis D'Esposito and Stan Lee will exec produce.

Evans, who will be seen next in Warner Bros.' "The Losers," won the high-profile role of Steve Rogers after Marvel considered such thesps as John Krasinski, Channing Tatum, Chace Crawford, Ryan Phillippe, Garrett Hedlund, Michael Cassidy, Patrick Flueger, Scott Porter and Wilson Blethel.

Marvel already had a relationship with Evans, who played the role of Johnny Storm, aka the Human Torch, in Fox's two "Fantastic Four" movies.

He also will appear in the adaptation of DC Comics' "The Losers" in April, and "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World," based on the Oni Press graphic novels.

Marvel declined to confirm the agreement, although sources close to the company said the deal points were being worked out. The company has generally remained quiet on who's working on its movies, even when directors are moving forward with pre-production on projects.

Evans had already signed on to co-star opposite Anna Faris in New Regency's R-rated comedy "What's Your Number," which is also skedded to shoot this summer.

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

pakledjim

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 01:49:41 PM »

After reading this article I can only say, it will suck.
http://www.kentucky.com/484/story/1132871.html
Filmmakers tailor Captain America's uniform to the screen
By GEOFF BOUCHER Los Angeles Times
 It's one thing to take Batman off the comic-book page and make his costume still look good in a live-action feature, but Captain America presents a far bigger challenge: The hero is essentially a walking flag, which might leave many average moviegoers giggling instead of saluting.

But director Joe Johnston and the team at Marvel Studios have a plan for "The First Avenger: Captain America," which is due in summer 2011: They've added a new wrinkle to the classic mythology to explain why a scientifically enhanced super soldier would venture out in the World War II battlefields in a costume that leans a bit heavy on the old Betsy Ross imagery.

"The costume is a flag, but the way we're getting around that is we have Steve Rogers forced into the USO circuit," Johnston explained. "After he's made into this super soldier, they decide they can't send him into combat and risk him getting killed. He's the only one and they can't make more. So they say, 'You're going to be in this USO show' and they give him a flag suit. He can't wait to get out of it."

At first, that is. "When he does go AWOL," the director continued, "he covers up the suit but then, after a few things happen, he realizes that this uniform allows him to lead. By then, he's become a star in the public mind and a symbol. The guys get behind him because he embodies something special."

That's a whole new concept for the character. "It was never in the comics," said Johnston, whose latest film, "The Wolfman," opens Friday, "because they didn't really need it. In comics, he puts on the costume and the reader just justifies it because of the nature of the medium."

Filming starts in London at the end of June.

And who will wear the costume and carry the shield? "Well, we're testing five or six guys," Johnston said. "The youngest is 23, the oldest is 32. Most of the guys in the war are just kids, 18 or 19, but we want to go a little bit older. We have to have somebody locked in before I leave March 1 for London."

A challenge, he said, is finding an actor who can play scenes as "98-pound weakling" Steve Rogers and also pull off the brawny hero scenes, although some visual effects wizardry will come into play.

There will be more than one Captain America costume in the film.

In the first USO sequences, the frustrated patriot will be wearing a version that is closer to the classic Jack Kirby-designed costume, but then later as the super soldier hits the war zone he will be wearing a sturdier, more muted version that he makes himself that is more like battle togs. The stripes across his midsection, for instance, will be straps, not colored fabric.

"He realizes the value of the uniform symbols but he modifies his suit and adds some armor. ... This approach, it's the only way we could justify ever seeing him on a screen in tights, with the funny boots and everything," Johnston said. "The government essentially puts him up there as a living comic-book character and he rips it off and then reclaims some of its imagery after he recognizes the value of it. We think it's the best way to keep the costume and explain it at the same time."

jiM

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 05:41:13 AM »

So I guess he gets frozen until current day.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
MCU - Captain America Movie Series
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 12:50:20 AM »

Sure, the IMDB listing is out there.  They even have a director attached to the project in Joe Johnston.  But there's news out of Comic Con on the direction this project may take:

Comic-Con: Feige Hints at The Invaders in Captain America?

28 July 2009 7:22 PM, PDT | From firstshowing.net | See recent FirstShowing.net news

Yet another bit of exciting news coming out of Comic-Con that will have hardcore Marvel fanboys reeling with excitement. A few days back, we ran article with a quote from Marvel's Kevin Feige that included a basic list of who we could expect to see in The Avengers movie - but let's take a step back. One year before The Avengers hits theaters, we'll be seeing The First Avenger: Captain America, which will be set in WWII and is being directed by Joe Johnston. This comes from Chud, where they drop a few hints about the potential appearance of two groups in Captain America: The Invaders (good guys) and Hydra (bad guys). "Setting it in the Marvel version of WWII is going to open it up [to an international audience] in a big way. It'll actually end up being our most diverse and our most international film. In terms of the ...

Alex Billington

No cast announced at this time.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 22 queries.

anything