NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica - Movie  (Read 2459 times)

Pete_Fett

• Jedi Council
Re: Battlestar Galactica - Movie
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 11:12:37 AM »

I don't know if it should end.  But I think my objection is totally based on the fact that the show only just concluded within the past year or so.  If Bryan Singer was going to make a movie based on the current incarnation of BSG, I think it would work.  That would make sense, with the studio striking while the iron is hot.  

Agreed - what I meant was that anyting BSG right now should be revolving around the reimagined BSG universe created by Ron Moore. I really have no interest in seeing Bryan Singer reimagine it again. It seems like an odd thing to do when (a) the SciFi show was a hit; (b) the SciFi show just ended; (c) Bryan Singer isn't really well known for rebooting a franchise (Superman anyone?).

They have "The Plan" coming out soon AND if that movie does well, they have said that there is a chance we could get more made-for-TV BSG universe movies.

Heck, if "Caprica" is a hit, I could even see that show leading into a series (or mini-series) focusing on the "first war" between the twelve colonies and the Cylons.

Even better, why not a couple of movies about what went on with the 13th tribe (the original Cylons) on Earth #1 leading up to the destruction of that civilization. Those movies would even allow for ALL of the Cylon models to be back since it was established that all seven of the models the "final" five created were actually based on people they knew back on the first "Earth".

My biggest fear is that a Bryan Singer reboot will fail and it will taint producers against any future projects that might have been set in the Ron Moore BSG universe.

If Superman Returns had actually been a good movie instead of just a mediocre one, we would have had another Superman movie by now and perhaps a third on the way. Instead Warner Bros and DC are trying to figure out how they can reboot the Superman franchise. Good job Bryan!! BSG will need a reboot from your reboot in four years!

Peter

Gaussian Blur

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
  • I felt a great disturbance in the Force...
    • Kid Kosher: The Hip Hop Hebrew
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 01:57:53 PM »

Like 2 shots of novacaine…

…I ain't feelin' it!
Wars don't determine who is right, they determine who is left...

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 02:48:43 PM »

I don't know if it should end.  But I think my objection is totally based on the fact that the show only just concluded within the past year or so.  If Bryan Singer was going to make a movie based on the current incarnation of BSG, I think it would work.  That would make sense, with the studio striking while the iron is hot. 

But to totally reimagine BSG?  I think you'd totally alienate fans of the current series.  And that's just dumb.  Because it's those fans who could really support this project.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Pete_Fett

• Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 12:13:48 PM »

I think that the series is too fresh in people's minds.

I loved the original as a kid. I loved the series on SciFi. I think that's where it should end.

Peter

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 09:13:48 PM »

I can see them doing a movie in that universe, especially if it was set during the first Cylon war, but obviously if its on a ship other than the Galactica, you can't call it BSG.

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 08:59:36 PM »

I guess depend on the script.  I love BSG but if the movie will be as good as Star Trek, then I am okay with that.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 05:40:36 PM »

I think so, and I'm not even a fan of the recent TV series.  It seems far too fresh in people's minds to think of reimagining the concept for a feature film.  That just seems foolish.  And while BSG really has some heat because of the show, it seems that the strong feelings by fans for the show could easily turn against this movie project.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
Battlestar Galactica - Movie
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 05:13:21 PM »

Rumor yesterday, reality today....

From EW:

Bryan Singer to direct and produce 'Battlestar Galactica' movie
by Nicole Sperling

Battlestar Galactica is getting the big-screen treatment. Universal Pictures has confirmed blog speculation that Bryan Singer, director of Valkyrie, will take on directing and producing duties for a BSG movie. Glen Larson, who created original series back in 1978, will produce as well. The film is not expected to be a continuation of current popular television show that’s running on the SyFy network but will be a complete re-imagining of the sci-fi lore that was invented by Larson back in the 70s.

So what do you think?  Bad Idea?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:27:56 PM by Falcon »
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 23 queries.

anything