NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The return of Star Wars Epic Duels?  (Read 1327 times)

Darth Monkey

• Jedi Council
  • Fool!
    • Darth Monkey on Myspace
The return of Star Wars Epic Duels?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 11:02:49 AM »

One of my best finds this year was the Star Wars Epic Duels board game that Milton Bradley put out in 2002 during the release of Attack of the Clones.  While there's a lot of stuff released in any given movie year, this board game remained under the radar and quietly disappeared from stores.  However, it ended up being a particularly well designed board game, combining the movement and turn-based system of a board game with character specific powers usually reserved for the CCG/TCG environment.  It also came with 31 miniature figures.

The game has inspired all sorts of variations and new characters online from gamers who absolutely love this game.  After playing it myself, I can see why!  It also does really well on eBay, typically selling for between $50 and $100 depending on the condition.

So imagine my surprise that Hasbro is tackling Epic Duels again, this time with a Clone Wars theme.  Here's a picture from Toy Fair 2009 (I think?) to prove it:

http://boardgames.about.com/od/nyctoyfair2009/tp/hasbro.htm

I would really like to know the status of this game and the game play.  Is anyone else here a fan of Epic Duels?  Have any questions been asked in Hasbro Q & A's about the status of the new game and whether or not it will be compatible with the original version?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries.