New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ultimate Quarter Scale - Who's Buying?  (Read 2195 times)

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
Re: Ultimate Quarter Scale - Who's Buying?
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 09:34:41 PM »

Not for me.  I don't collect this line and don't really plan on it.  The figures are too big for me and even at clearance I would pass unless they were like $5 or something ridiculous.  I think for most collectors Sideshow does a great job and for those into collecting they are willing to spend a little more on a better piece.

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
Re: Ultimate Quarter Scale - Who's Buying?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 01:21:51 AM »

I think they're okay.  Better than Hasbro but pale in comparison to Sideshow.  I have Maul and Obiwan so far.  I really don't like the scale either because they look so out of place in my collection.  But for the price, they are very good.  For them to succeed, they need to make characters that have not been done yet by SS.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Ultimate Quarter Scale - Who's Buying?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 12:16:08 AM »

Diamond Select Toys started up their Ultimate Quarter Scale line without much fanfare almost a year ago.  And in that time they've released a few of these pieces to mass retail, notably at Toys R Us.  We've seen Han Solo in Hoth gear and Darth Maul thus far.

In this scale, it appears that DST is trying to compete with Sideshow Collectibles.  Only Sideshow is offering any Star Wars items in this particular scale.  But DST is trying to offer these as fully articulated figures at a much lower price point.

But who's buying?  I see the DST UQS figures at TRU on a regular basis.  And some have already hit clearance.  But are they selling with collectors like those of us at the NJSWCC?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 23 queries.

anything