NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saga Legends  (Read 1429 times)

Pete_Fett

• Jedi Council
Re: Saga Legends
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 12:32:17 PM »

On the grand scheme of things it really doesn't have me too upset, I just think it's incredibly STUPID. Everytime I see a sea of Saga Legends on the pegs - the SL03 Obi-Wan is always mixed in there. That's a great figure to keep around IMHO, I have no problem with that one, but to have such a similar figure be released in within the same 20 figures numerically is just plain dumb - you really have to wonder what's going on in their heads sometimes.

Why not just pack the piloting headset with the SL03 figure and release only ONE Obi-Wan?

For me it's more of a question of the fact that retailers really see ZERO difference between Clone Wars, Legacy and Saga Legends. Sure there might be a difference to the bean counters in the back office just in terms of the amount of product moved, but at a store like Target, when the Clone Wars and Saga Legends are over-flowing onto the Legacy Collection figures, you have to wonder if the over-stock of the other two lines is preventing the re-ordering and/or out-of-the-backroom placement of the line most of us REALLY want.

If anything, what I'd be more riled up about is that they even continue the Saga Legends line at all - they really need to take it out back, put a bullet in it and just start shipping two lines - one animated and one realistic.
Peter

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: Saga Legends
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 02:37:42 AM »

I saw this news, too.  And it's definitely a step backwards in terms of quality.  Does it bother me that much?  Not really, since I've bought the figure already and I'm done with it.

Why is Hasbro offering that particular Obi-Wan?  My own theory is that out of all of the ROTS Obi-Wan's we've had over the past few years, this one is the cheapest to produce.

The TSC version was awesome, IMO.  It had the softgoods Jedi robe and worked much better with the Jedi starfighter.

The 30AC version was cool, too.  Slightly different paint apps.  The softgoods skirt addded to the poseability.

For me though....I have a tough time getting riled up about this.  Because like I said, I've got the original versions that I mentioned.  If this was a troop builder that we were talking about, where there's a desire to get more than one, I'd take more of an issue with this offering.  But when it's an individual character?  It's not that big a deal to me.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Pete_Fett

• Jedi Council
Saga Legends
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 01:23:22 AM »

While I know this sub-line isn't very popular with many collectors, for me, since I'm still collecting it for my MOC collection, it's still on my radar...

Anyway, this morning I saw a new Saga Legends figure, I haven't seen on any list so far...

SL19 - Jedi Starfighter Pilot Obi-Wan Kenobi

That's right, even though, SL03 is the Mustafar Duel Obi-Wan which was a modified version of the ROTS Pilot Obi-Wan figure and with it's added articulation is a far superior figure, they have released only 16 figures later in sequence the ROTS figure with the stupid bulky head gear, lack of ball jointed hips and even though the half soft-goods skirt from the Mustafar Duel version is FAR BETTER for sitting in a Jedi Starfighter, the complete soft-plastic skirt.

If there was ever a sign that the Saga Legends line had jumped the shark, this was it. Out of all of the figures that have come out so far, in the first 20 they have to have TWO Obi-Wan Kenobi figures and not just any two Obi-Wan figures, two figures that are pretty much 90% similar.

With almost 25% of the Legacy Collection BAD figures being repacks this year (15 out of the 61 are reissues) they really need to drop this sub-line and just make sure they work in Vader, Yoda and clones into the BAD (or whatever the main realistic line is) every year.

It would be great if they stopped numbering the repacks too, but that's not related to this thread...
Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 24 queries.