New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: V - The new ABC series  (Read 3928 times)

Captain Piet

• Jedi Master
    • Ph.Geek.com
Re: V - The new ABC series
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 08:57:00 AM »

Kinda crazy ending to the series as I remember.
Co-founder and contributor, Ph.Geek.com

Ph.Geek
"Dissertations in geek culture"
New podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or at http://phgeek.podbean.com/. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @geekswillrise

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 01:43:57 AM »

I am so sad that it ended like that. 

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 05:05:42 PM »

Finally got around to watching the first season on DVD. Gotta say I was impressed at how different it was and yet how good it was. I like the different conflicts that were raised. Man vs Alien, Religion VS Science, Nature vs Nurture. This show had a lot of potential, just disappointed that it ended so soon.

Gaussian Blur

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
  • I felt a great disturbance in the Force...
    • Kid Kosher: The Hip Hop Hebrew
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2009, 12:04:04 PM »

John May lives!!!
Wars don't determine who is right, they determine who is left...

DavAnthony

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2009, 10:16:22 PM »

Watched this online the other night and I have to say it was definitely interesting. I thought the Priest character was very interesting and well played. 

Would of been cool to have some original characters in here but they may make an appearance as time goes on. 

Don't know why they made so few shows but hopefully it will be back and continue to have the solid acting and intriguing story it currently has.  I felt some of writing was a bit predictable but it reminds me a bit of Terminator Sarah Connor in that you have to settle in and pay attention and the story develops.  Not sure our modern "twilight/pokemon generation" has the attention span or quality indicators to do that.

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2009, 04:05:09 PM »

Very good episode this week.  I really like this one more than the original version.  Maybe the girls in here are hotter?  ;D  I think it will catch on and do very well.  Next week will be the final episode for 2009.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2009, 01:28:00 AM »

I split this off into it's own thread since it seems to be a significant topic on it's own.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 03:15:32 PM »

As for the FBI agent's partner I have 1 of 2 possible explainations. They could have simply cloned the original partner and just assumed his identity, but then I'm sure the girl partner would have noticed his behavior change.
Or option 3, they replaced him before she became partners with him.
 It's interesting to see a sci-fi show like this ina post 9/11 world with Obama as President. The original aliens were based on Nazis, with humankind in place of the Jews, now they seem to represent Islamic terrorists with sleeper cells ready to attack at any moment. The aliens come in promising hope and change like Obama and the resistence representing the right wing opposing him. Just an observation.

jiM

Nagard Sheet

• Jedi Consular
  • What ever happened to your wedding ring honey?
    • Metal Reviews
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 10:34:10 AM »

The visitor's have been on earth for some time gathering intelligence on mankind, seeing how we behave influenceing global events, wars and the like through their sleeper cells. They've been getting their agents into positions of power around the world to better achieve their means. Kind of how corrupt politicians get power and influence through money and friends in high places.

I think the visitors are here for the water and humans/food, they are after all still lizards underneath their disguises. As for the FBI agent's partner I have 1 of 2 possible explainations. They could have simply cloned the original partner and just assumed his identity, but then I'm sure the girl partner would have noticed his behavior change. I think the visitors actually came long enough ago that they actually created identities for themselves in our society and went through the motions to be as believeable as possible and not arouse suspicion. This means that the partner really did go through FBI training/the academy etc and really does know the girl partner.

I'm not too worried about inconsistencies at this point. This is a new take on the story and will stand on it's own just like the original one stands on it's own.

Very interesting points and excellent observations.  Sure, just like the new Battlestar Galactica series, I wasn't expecting this to be a re-hash of the original.  They are keeping most things true to the original and adding some improvements in other areas. If anything they have succeeded in keeping my interest.  I just hope they don't burn through the storyline too fast.  The original V didn't have much staying power so who knows where the series will go for the long haul.
The game is on.....BEYOTCH!

Gaussian Blur

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 09:23:54 AM »

The visitor's have been on earth for some time gathering intelligence on mankind, seeing how we behave influenceing global events, wars and the like through their sleeper cells. They've been getting their agents into positions of power around the world to better achieve their means. Kind of how corrupt politicians get power and influence through money and friends in high places.

I think the visitors are here for the water and humans/food, they are after all still lizards underneath their disguises. As for the FBI agent's partner I have 1 of 2 possible explainations. They could have simply cloned the original partner and just assumed his identity, but then I'm sure the girl partner would have noticed his behavior change. I think the visitors actually came long enough ago that they actually created identities for themselves in our society and went through the motions to be as believeable as possible and not arouse suspicion. This means that the partner really did go through FBI training/the academy etc and really does know the girl partner.

I'm not too worried about inconsistencies at this point. This is a new take on the story and will stand on it's own just like the original one stands on it's own.

Nagard Sheet

• Jedi Consular
  • What ever happened to your wedding ring honey?
    • Metal Reviews
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 08:54:01 AM »

The main thing I didn't like about the first episode that was very different from the original series was how the Visitors "first" arrived to Earth.  We get the impression that they first arrived to Earth when their spaceships start appearing in the skies of various countries.  However, it isn't revealed until later on in the show that they have really been on Earth for a much longer period of time. I forget the name of the female FBI agent (the one from "LOST"), but I think I remember her saying something like she and her partner were together for like 7 years.  And how do the visitors determine their "human" disguise?  Is it something original or in this series are they kiling the original human and taking their genes, replicating them?

So what have the Visitors been doing all this time on Earth? Reconnaissance of some kind?  In the original they were there for the water.  I guess it will be revealed in the next few episodes as to what they are really after.

And the Visitors that are part of the resistance.  I wonder at what point some started to defect and if they have also been on Earth for sometime as well.

So far too many inconsistencies.  However, I like the show so far.
The game is on.....BEYOTCH!

Gaussian Blur

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 10:04:19 AM »

I'm loving V! Heck, even my sci-fi hatin' wife is digging it. She actually asked me if we have the original V series/mini series on DVD, which we do. Looks like I may have a new resistance fighter in the fold!

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 03:38:45 PM »

Saw V last night and I really like it.   It has a lot of potential.  Too bad there will be only 4 episodes until next year.

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 05:10:09 PM »

Just watched V, pretty good for a remake. I liked it, different ehough yet still familiar. Does anyone think they may redo the whole hybrid story, but with a human Dad and alien Mom?

jiM

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 06:54:23 PM »

Anybody Catch "V"?  I liked it.  However, I thought it moved way too fast.  It seemed like they rushed through the plotlines and didn't really give things a chance to develop a bit more slowly.

I feel the same way.  A 1 hour pilot? I felt like the major plot points from the original 4-hour miniseries was jammed into this first 1 hour episode.

From what I understand, ABC is very nervous about committing to the series, so I think the creators want to really show their stuff as quickly as possible.  Hopefully, the high ratings will give the show a little more breathing room.
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 23 queries.