New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 Clone Wars Packaging - DISCUSSION  (Read 2635 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: 2010 Clone Wars Packaging - DISCUSSION
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 10:45:13 PM »

It took me awhile to distinguish the difference in the color packaging for this year. 

I hope you are right about next year Nick.  I prefer a totally different packaging for the 2 lines.

When Hasbro first showed the differences between the Clone Wars, Legacy and Saga Legends cards the difference was really clear.  But looking at them on the pegs?  That's a totally different story.  And that black tag on the top of the TLC cards?  It makes the TLC figures even more difficult to find.

But I think we're going to see a very clear difference between the CW figures and the Legacy figures.  And I think that difference may be as drastic as what we saw when the first Clone Wars line was running back in 2003 concurrently with the Saga line.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 06:48:24 PM »

If they do a style of card similar to the old Kenner figs that would be great.  I like doing a little throwback style but as long as they aren't similar to the Clone Wars it is all good.  It is really hard to tell the difference at first glance, of course the stores I go to the figs are all mixed up anyway so you still have to hunt through them anyway.

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 12:04:08 PM »

It took me awhile to distinguish the difference in the color packaging for this year. 

I hope you are right about next year Nick.  I prefer a totally different packaging for the 2 lines.

It's got the potential to be more eye-catching than what we're seeing at retail now.  It's certainly more distinctive.

But the thing I'm really wondering about?  The new Legacy packaging.  Rumor has it that it's supposed to be more like the classic Kenner packaging.  At least that's what has been circulating at some of the forums.  And it sounds like there are going to be very clear differences between the packaging of both Clone Wars and Legacy.  That's welcome to me.  Especially since it's not completely easy to pick out the differences between Clone Wars basic figures, TLC basic figures and Saga Legends figures.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 02:41:09 AM »

It's got the potential to be more eye-catching than what we're seeing at retail now.  It's certainly more distinctive.

But the thing I'm really wondering about?  The new Legacy packaging.  Rumor has it that it's supposed to be more like the classic Kenner packaging.  At least that's what has been circulating at some of the forums.  And it sounds like there are going to be very clear differences between the packaging of both Clone Wars and Legacy.  That's welcome to me.  Especially since it's not completely easy to pick out the differences between Clone Wars basic figures, TLC basic figures and Saga Legends figures.

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 08:40:34 AM »

There was a point where new packaging meant something but with so many figures produced and the relative ease in finding them and the repacks it just doesn't do anything for me anymore.  I wouldn't care if they sold figures in plastic baggies to help keep the cost down.

Clone Commander

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Go Marty!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 06:11:30 AM »

It's OK...it's not getting me excited enough to guy RE-Buy everything all over again.

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 05:50:20 PM »

Ho hum....

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
2010 Clone Wars Packaging - DISCUSSION
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 12:30:35 PM »

Check out the new Clone Wars packaging as shown in THIS YAKFACE POSTING.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 23 queries.

anything