New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: The Saga on Blu Ray  (Read 15882 times)

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
Re: The Saga on Blu Ray
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2011, 12:06:30 PM »

Thanks. Good to know! You just saved me 80 bucks!
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2011, 07:29:38 PM »

No, the deleted scenes are not incorporated into the movies.

The deleted scenes are on 2 of the 3 bonus discs included in the Complete Saga set.  One disc for OT, one for PT.  It's cool to finally see some of those scenes we've heard about for 30+ years, but you could probably watch them on youtube by now.  The PT disc is pretty disappointing, some of the so-called "deleted/extended scenes" are actually incomplete animatics which were used before the live footage was shot.  For example, there's 2 animatics used for staging the Mustafar duel, which include no actual footage, and there's an animatic for an unused Obi-Wan/Grievous wheel bike chase scenario, which was supposedly overseen by Spielberg, but again no actual footage is included.

I really think they missed the mark by not including the original Palpatine/Mace Windu duel, where Anakin was there from the beginning and Palps used Anakin's saber for the duel with the Jedi. 

So, in my opinion, if you already bought the PT and OT separately, don't buy the Complete Saga, I've sat down and watched the bonus material once, and I'll probably never watch it again.
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2011, 03:20:15 PM »

Ok, can someone tell me if the previously deleted scenes are actually added to the movies in the complete saga addition or are they seperated from the movie and clumped together at the end of each film?  If they actually incorporated them into the movies, I am going to pick up the complete box set.  Thanks.

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2011, 11:18:10 PM »

figures, yeah, its just the films without the deleted scenes.  I have so many copies of these movies now. 

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2011, 04:00:13 PM »

Bought the one with yoda and the one with vader. All 6 , seperate packs. Didn't have any left of the one set with anakin

OUCH!  It's only the Complete Saga (Anakin / Tatooine cover) that has all 6 films plus all of the bonus material.

But the films themselves should be the same, correct?
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2011, 01:06:28 PM »

Bought the one with yoda and the one with vader. All 6 , seperate packs. Didn't have any left of the one set with anakin

OUCH!  It's only the Complete Saga (Anakin / Tatooine cover) that has all 6 films plus all of the bonus material.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2011, 07:40:38 PM »

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2011, 01:36:49 PM »

Watched aotc on blu Ray. I guess I bought the wrong ones because I didn't see any of the added scenes. Now I gotta spend another 80 bucks to get the right ones.

Anyway, haven't watched the older ones yet but didn't see a huge difference in quality with aotc

Did you get The Complete Saga with Anakin on Tatooine on the cover?  Or was it Yoda on the cover of your Blu Ray pack?  The pack with Yoda is JUST the prequel trilogy.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2011, 06:49:12 AM »

Watched aotc on blu Ray. I guess I bought the wrong ones because I didn't see any of the added scenes. Now I gotta spend another 80 bucks to get the right ones.

Anyway, haven't watched the older ones yet but didn't see a huge difference in quality with aotc

I don't think any scenes were added into AoTC.  Just part of special features.

Plus Episode II was filmed digitally so it was pretty high quality to start with.  I'm guessing you'll see the biggest image quality improvement with the OT.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2011, 04:21:50 PM »

frehleyzcomet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2011, 05:38:21 PM »

I'm not sure but I remember looking at just the classic trilogy and decided to get the entire saga for all the extras - so not sure about the extra scences. Try to research it on Amazon.com and I'll let you know if I find anything. Best Buy has the complete set for around 80.

I picked up mine at Walmart, I had to get the two seperated sets, 1-3 and 4-6.  Do they still have the new added scenes?  Someone please let me know before I open them so I can take them back if they dont.
"I wanted to see you guys fight over it"
Target Employee

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2011, 03:19:04 PM »

I picked up mine at Walmart, I had to get the two seperated sets, 1-3 and 4-6.  Do they still have the new added scenes?  Someone please let me know before I open them so I can take them back if they dont. 

frehleyzcomet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2011, 05:57:19 PM »

Haven't picked up a Blue Ray player yet, so figured this would be the time. At Best Buy I got the complete Star Wars Blue Ray set for $80. It is already on sale from the $120 price point. I also got a deal that if I bought a Blue Ray player (which was on sale at $90), I got another $40 off if buying together with the box set. It was a specific Panasonic model...I can post the sku if anyone needs it. So it was just under $150 for both items...and I'm pretty happy with that. Glad to see the special features and documentaries, especially since I have a VHS of Making of a Saga and the Empire of Dreams DVD on the original theater version/special edition releases from a few years back.
"I wanted to see you guys fight over it"
Target Employee

Captain Piet

• Jedi Master
    • Ph.Geek.com
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2011, 07:17:59 PM »

I got mine at Best Buy yesterday afternoon along with a Sony Blu-Ray player. Best Buy matched Target at $79.99 and was offering a free T-shirt. They had also advertised if you bought a BD player over $100, you got $20 off your BD purchase and even had the Complete Saga set pictured. Kid at register was really nice, but couldn't get things rung up. Manager finally comes up and gives me "Sir, so you know, next time you're going to have to pick one offer of the other." I barely responded. The company put it in the circular. He rang up the XL shirt for free and the kid got the $20 to come off. Typically Best Buy nonsense.
As for the set, I'm surprised how into the picture quality I am too.
Co-founder and contributor, Ph.Geek.com

Ph.Geek
"Dissertations in geek culture"
New podcasts every Wednesday on iTunes or at http://phgeek.podbean.com/. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @geekswillrise

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2011, 11:46:46 PM »

i HIGHLY recommend getting the complete Saga.  Those 3 Bonus discs are awesome.  I finished the first one today.

And the pictures and sounds are amazing.  Much sharper than DVDs.  My wife said the vol is too loud and I told her it's the same as the DVD.  Very nice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.