New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2010 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVES - News & Images  (Read 2253 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: 2010 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVES - News & Images
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 10:15:55 AM »

The new Slave I is confirmed IN THIS SANDTROOPERS POSTING as a TRU exclusive.  Check out the link for dozens of photos.

This is officially an Ultimate battle pack.  Slave I appears to be an all new vehicle.  And the set also include's Mace Windu's Jedi starfighter.

Figures included in this set:
-Anakin Skywalker
-Mace Windu
-Mace's R8 droid
-Boba Fett
-Bossk
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 10:18:23 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 09:19:29 PM »

Check out THIS POSTING BY GORKORACING in the Sandtroopers forums.  He's posted an image of a TRU exclusive figure from CLONE WARS.  It's Kul Teska.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 12:56:07 PM »

Copying this into this thread, as this wave will now be exclusive to Toys R Us

VERY significant news regarding the final wave of the TLC RED line in this week's Q&A session

SIR STEVE'S GUIDE

QUESTION:  In a recent answer, Hasbro revealed that the Spring 2010 EU wave will be the only group of non-Clone Wars new figures until the Fall. Granted, we have seen gaps in the line before - most recently in the break between The Force Unleashed wave in Spring 2008 and the ROTJ wave in July 2008 - but this news has many collectors worried. With the Legacy line apparently in poor shape, is it the wisest idea to put it on hiatus for over 2 quarters this year? Granted, we'll still have The Clone Wars figures to look forward to, but such a pause might cause even more movie-based collectors to walk away and further undermine the line, perhaps into completely folding. Hasbro stated recently "We are working hard to get [collectors who have left the line] back, and we think that what we have lined up next year will be our best attempt." We know full details will be revealed at Toy Fair so we won't ask specifics, but can collectors look forward to some movie-based products in those lean 6 to 8 months while the basic Legacy-style line is on hiatus, enough stuff to hold their interest? And is it too late to get out a repaint wave, perhaps with some of those already-tooled variant figures like the Hoth Trooper, Imperial Scanning Crew, and Utai, perhaps some tooled but canceled Comic Pack figures, maybe even some kitbashes like Han Solo head on an Imperial body, to keep collectors interested during the break?

ANSWER:   There is literally nothing that can be done to get more figures to retail sooner. It's not the way we want it; ideally, new waves would flow in to retail every 6-8 weeks like clockwork. We originally set out to have more figures after the EU wave, but it became apparent that we would never get to them so they became the Toys 'R Us exclusive multi-packs. Legacy sales have been so far off the mark - and retails have enough inventory - that even the EU wave has become a Toys 'R Us exclusive in May, with some online retailers having access to the last of the run in June. Once we start fresh with Vintage, we will be able to manage the line to the new collector baseline and make tight releases to keep waves flowing regularly.

More on the TRU Exclusive EU wave of Basic Figures: Jayson at YAKFACE has sighted the EU wave in the midwest.  And there are stickers on the cases for this wave as seen in THIS IMAGE that indicate that this wave is slated to be part of a COLLECTOR ENDCAP that will be set up on Saturday, May 1st.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 05:47:58 AM »

Copying this into this thread, as this wave will now be exclusive to Toys R Us

VERY significant news regarding the final wave of the TLC RED line in this week's Q&A session

SIR STEVE'S GUIDE

QUESTION:  In a recent answer, Hasbro revealed that the Spring 2010 EU wave will be the only group of non-Clone Wars new figures until the Fall. Granted, we have seen gaps in the line before - most recently in the break between The Force Unleashed wave in Spring 2008 and the ROTJ wave in July 2008 - but this news has many collectors worried. With the Legacy line apparently in poor shape, is it the wisest idea to put it on hiatus for over 2 quarters this year? Granted, we'll still have The Clone Wars figures to look forward to, but such a pause might cause even more movie-based collectors to walk away and further undermine the line, perhaps into completely folding. Hasbro stated recently "We are working hard to get [collectors who have left the line] back, and we think that what we have lined up next year will be our best attempt." We know full details will be revealed at Toy Fair so we won't ask specifics, but can collectors look forward to some movie-based products in those lean 6 to 8 months while the basic Legacy-style line is on hiatus, enough stuff to hold their interest? And is it too late to get out a repaint wave, perhaps with some of those already-tooled variant figures like the Hoth Trooper, Imperial Scanning Crew, and Utai, perhaps some tooled but canceled Comic Pack figures, maybe even some kitbashes like Han Solo head on an Imperial body, to keep collectors interested during the break?

ANSWER:   There is literally nothing that can be done to get more figures to retail sooner. It's not the way we want it; ideally, new waves would flow in to retail every 6-8 weeks like clockwork. We originally set out to have more figures after the EU wave, but it became apparent that we would never get to them so they became the Toys 'R Us exclusive multi-packs. Legacy sales have been so far off the mark - and retails have enough inventory - that even the EU wave has become a Toys 'R Us exclusive in May, with some online retailers having access to the last of the run in June. Once we start fresh with Vintage, we will be able to manage the line to the new collector baseline and make tight releases to keep waves flowing regularly.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 11:24:08 PM »

A number of auctions have popped up with the individual figures from the two multipacks from THE FORCE UNLEASHED.  You can check out some images (albeit small) in THIS REBELSCUM POSTING.  And the figure lineups appear to be:

PACK 1 of 2:
-Galen Marek (Mandalorian armor)
-PROXY
-Imperial Jumptrooper
-Felucian Warrior
-Shadow Stormtrooper

PACK 2 of 2:
-Galen Marek (Raxus Prime)
-Juno Eclipse (Pilot gear)
-Imperial EVO Trooper
-Rahm Kota's Militia Elite
-Shadow Stormtrooper

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 09:46:27 AM »

Check out THIS BANTHA SKULL HASBRO Q&A session for a first look at the new Juno Eclipse figure which will be part of one of two TRU exclusive Force Unleashed Battle Packs.  This version of Juno is different from the carded release, and looks much more like her in pilot gear.

More on the TFU multipacks.  Check out this new version of Galen Marek

[attachment deleted by admin]

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 11:38:44 PM »

Check out some images of some future TRU exclusives

SPEEDER BIKE WITH BIKER SCOUT

STAP WITH BATTLE DROID

There's no indication at this time when these might be hitting retail, but since they're in the white/red line look they're likely to hit retail in the next couple of months.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
2010 TOYS R US EXCLUSIVES - News & Images
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 08:12:29 PM »

Check out THIS BANTHA SKULL HASBRO Q&A session for a first look at the new Juno Eclipse figure which will be part of one of two TRU exclusive Force Unleashed Battle Packs.  This version of Juno is different from the carded release, and looks much more like her in pilot gear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 22 queries.