NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Fall shows- Watta ya watchin'?  (Read 3084 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: New Fall shows- Watta ya watchin'?
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 08:47:14 PM »

"Swords" is definitely pretty cool.  Discovery has had a huge hit on their hands for years with "Deadliest Catch".  Still, with that show it seems that the audience has been there, done that.  I think what really drew the audience in for this most recent season was Captain Phil Harris's fight for life after a stroke.

Part of the appeal with "Swords" is that it's on the east coast.  Plus they've tried to tie in with "The Perfect Storm".  Hell, I've even been to the boat landing at Barnegat light in south Jersey where a couple of the sword boats are based.  So it feels like there's some local interest, too.

Watching American Chopper tonight. Think it's one of the best seasons since the first 3. Only thing is that watching Senior constantly talk about Paul Jr. and continue to interfere with PJ Designs is getting annoying. If it wasn't for watching the start-up shop, I'd probably lose total interest as the Orange County Choppers scence and builds are really boring now.

I'm not too happy about that, either.  Paul Junior left OCC because his father was for lack of better terms an overbearing ass.  Did Paul Junior work as hard as his father wanted him to?  Probably not.  But Paul Senior has always come across like a control freak.  And now for him to interfere with his son starting up his own company, and SUING his own kid over his stake in OCC?  It's hard to be sympathetic to OCC at all.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 08:50:25 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

frehleyzcomet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 08:23:35 PM »

I like Swords as well, especially seeing how some of the boats are out of Barneget.

Watching American Chopper tonight. Think it's one of the best seasons since the first 3. Only thing is that watching Senior constantly talk about Paul Jr. and continue to interfere with PJ Designs is getting annoying. If it wasn't for watching the start-up shop, I'd probably lose total interest as the Orange County Choppers scence and builds are really boring now.

Looking forward to PBS and Baseball 10th inning though!!!
"I wanted to see you guys fight over it"
Target Employee

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 08:14:15 PM »

Oh year _ SwordFish on Discover and Swamp People are awesome also.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 05:40:33 PM »

I tried to watch the premiere of "Boardwalk Empire" but haven't really had a chance to see it from beginning to end.  The fact that Martin Scorcese is involved is a big draw, no doubt.  And it seems like HBO is trying to return to the glory days of The Sopranos.

I really haven't made a point of watching anything on the big networks.  Mostly it's Discovery Channel shows that I've been following, like "Swords - Life on the line" and "The Colony". 

And on TLC it's been "American Chopper - Senior VS Junior".  That's actually been pretty cool since the show has something of a local flavor (I only live about half an hour from the OCC shop).  And it's also interesting to see how the motorcycles are coming out.  Anyone who's watched American Chopper over the years has seen a lot of bluster and arguing over the projects.  And truthfully it's kind of  sad to see family split apart by so much acrimony.  But where does the real creative spirit lie between the two companies?  OCC had the benefit of Paul Jr's design work for years.  But now with him striking out on his own with Paul Junior Designs will his work outshine what OCC is doing?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 04:45:11 PM »

The EVent
Hawaii 5 O
Boardwalk
Nikita
No Ordinary Family
Outsourced
Mike & Molly

DavAnthony

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »

I can't watch Boardwalk Empire I know the guy who is playing Lucky Luciano and he is a major D-Bag, always sad to see those guys make it. 

Been watching american chopper also, but after that not much is going on. 

frehleyzcomet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 03:59:36 PM »

Trying to get into Boardwalk Empire. Looked great, but after the first episode I'm not sure if I'm that into it just yet. Safety show for me is still American Chopper. With the Jr. vs. Sr. spin, I'm really enjoying it and how it's documenting the beginning of Jr.'s business from the ground up.
"I wanted to see you guys fight over it"
Target Employee

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
New Fall shows- Watta ya watchin'?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 03:57:26 PM »

Monday I watched "The Event", not bad but I'm a little hesitant on watching another conspiracy filled show that probably will ask more questions then answered (X-Files/Lost) or be killed before the show really gets off the ground (Flashfoward). Also watched the new Hawaii 5-0, I liked it. A lot of humor and a ton of action. Anyone else watched these?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 24 queries.