NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vintage Prototype Scandal  (Read 2921 times)

greedodidntshoot

• Youngling
  • The NJSWCC Rules!
Re: Vintage Prototype Scandal
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 08:30:29 PM »

I stay far away from any of the prototype stuff. I am a vintage collector and there is just too much bogus stuff out there. The repro stuff of regular marketed items is hard enough to spot -- let alone 'prototype' items where there really isn't anything to compare it to. Too easy to fake. Especially with vintage "prototypes" it seems suspicious that "new" prototypes are still showing up on the market... How much stuff from Kenner really could have survived and is just now popping up. I mean I guess its possible, but not worth the risk to me unless I know its 100% and can't live without it...
They came from....BEHIND (explosion)...

WANTS: Always looking for vintage Kenobi variations.

frehleyzcomet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
Re: Vintage Prototype Scandal
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 11:09:44 PM »

Will check this out. Always weary of any prototype stuff. Way to shady, just like auto's and such. Always thought Star Wars was immune to this stuff until they started faking the weapons and vinyl capes. Then worried about the proof cards. Now realizing that everything can and has been fakes - and that AFA is shady as well!
"I wanted to see you guys fight over it"
Target Employee

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Vintage Prototype Scandal
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 10:37:53 AM »

Apparently there is something of a scandal brewing regarding some alleged Kenner vintage figure prototypes.  For more info check out http://greenharvest.blogspot.com/ which has been documenting some of the developments, and how much of this has been traced back to a single collector in Florida.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 22 queries.

anything