New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2011 Movie toys and clearance  (Read 10772 times)

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
Re: 2011 Movie toys and clearance
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 04:11:00 PM »

All Thor stuff is now on clearance at Target.

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2011, 01:41:51 AM »

On the subject of the Thor line....

Is anyone else collecting the line, first of all?  I'm still trying to find King Loki & King Laufey from the basic figure line.  And then there's the deluxe line.  EE has a decent deal on the Deluxe wave 2 case, which includes:

2 x Heimdall's,
3 x Lightning Fury Thor's
1 x Blaster Armor Thor. 

Here's the listing.  The case is $84.99, and I need 1 each of all three deluxe figures in the case.  Is anyone else interested in the remaining Heimdall and 2 x Lightning Fury Thor's?

I only like Heimdall.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2011, 12:17:36 AM »

On the subject of the Thor line....

Is anyone else collecting the line, first of all?  I'm still trying to find King Loki & King Laufey from the basic figure line.  And then there's the deluxe line.  EE has a decent deal on the Deluxe wave 2 case, which includes:

2 x Heimdall's,
3 x Lightning Fury Thor's
1 x Blaster Armor Thor. 

Here's the listing.  The case is $84.99, and I need 1 each of all three deluxe figures in the case.  Is anyone else interested in the remaining Heimdall and 2 x Lightning Fury Thor's?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 05:12:06 PM »

Well since I started this post, GL MM figures went on clearance at Target and now at TRU. Plus the 4" GL figures that were exlusive to Target are now on clearance as well. Target and TRU have gotten in more of the later waves of Thor, while Wally is still sitting on the first 6 figures released. Cap Am still seems to be sellling well, I'm constantly seeing the various Hydra figures at all 3 stores. Also the Target exclusive Transformers (Bumblebee, Arcee, Jazz and Spacecase) are starting to go on Clearnace at some Targets. And last but not least Target also has the POTC figures and sets marked down.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:16:18 PM by pakledjim »

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2011, 09:42:20 PM »

Yeah, I figured that out eventually.  I managed to get the movie deco Destroyer, and I passed on the comic deco one.

I think it's only a matter of time before the Green Lantern toys wind up at clearance.  But the funny thing is that I saw even MORE Green Lantern toys at NYCC over the weekend.

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2011, 08:08:03 PM »

Granted, I still want to find the regular Destroyer
Both destroyers light up. The only difference between the 2 is the color.

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2011, 07:56:29 PM »

Getting back to the clearance part, I saw the 3.75" Terminator Salvation figures at the Dollar Tree. First Prince of Persia, now these. I wonder what will be next, Green Lantern maybe?

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 05:38:36 PM »

So I may have to eat some crow here.  Was Hasbro DELIBERATELY holding back Thor product for the release of the DVD/BluRay of Thor?  Because all of a sudden I've found Hogun, Fandral, the light up Destroyer and signs of the case with Sif!  Granted, I still want to find the regular Destroyer, Volstagg, Laufey, Loki (w/ helm) and Sif, but things are looking up with this line in the short term.  Although I think the Deluxe wave with Heimdall may never see the light of day.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 09:14:30 AM »

I finally found the basic Hydra Trooper from the Captain America movie line at Target yesterday.  And that figure has a running change where one figure is as the Hydra troopers appear in the movie, and the other has comic coloring.

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 03:14:49 PM »

Keep your eyes peeled, Thor wave 2 is starting to show. I found 2 of Hammer Smash Thor at a local Target.

DavAnthony

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 05:25:19 PM »

The other problem is that the prices are WAY too high.  I know I know there is the usual "well everything costs more now".  Welp that isn't helping sales of toys so prices need to drop.  The Demand isn't there so if these things were going for realistic prices I think the constant clearance we see wouldn't be going on.

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 03:51:33 PM »

The issue I think is retailers ORDER WAY TOO MUCH of wave 1.  Then won't order later waves/series since the first wave clogging the pegs.  Hasbro should have worked with retailers to ensure later waves hit the pegs.  This should be done to ALL movie toys.

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 03:56:48 PM »

I just saw Nicks post today. Have you seen the other Cap America figures yet? I have seen the first few waves (including Skull and Crossbones) and have just recently seen the deluxe Hydra figure. They screwed Thor fans, wave 2 still hasn't hit yet and I don't think it will.
 Since this thread is about clearnace movie toys, MM GL figures are now on clearance at Target. I was so close in my prediction.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 09:35:36 PM »

I have to scratch my head about the mentality of the people at Hasbro who are managing these Marvel movie toy lines.  If you look at the Thor or Captain America lines and what's being offered at retail, it's downright ridiculous.

The first wave of Thor basic figures only offered 4 characters:  Loki, Odin, the Frost Giant and perhaps 4 different versions of Thor.  But will we ever get any of wave 2 which has the Destroyer and the Warriors Three?

And what about Wave 3?  That has the cooler version of Loki:

And then there's Wave 4, which has Sif.  Will we see that?

Probably not.  And that's not even mentioning the second wave of Deluxe figures, which would be the only way to get Heimdal:

Yeah, right.

And then there's the Captain America line.  To date, I have ONLY seen 1 figure from the movie so far, and of course that was Cap.  I have yet to see the Red Skull:

And what about the Hydra troopers?  They don't turn up until wave 3:

I understand that the heroes are the focus of these lines and they're going to outsell the other characters.  But the ratios of the heroes to the other movie characters has been so disproportional that it's just ridiculous.  And it was the same deal with the Iron Man 2 line.  What happened with that line?  The Hammer Drones and Whiplash were nearly impossible to find.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:37:46 PM by Nicklab »

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 05:35:20 PM »

Well I was wrong, the Winner (or Loser) is Thor. The deluxe movie figures are on clearance now at Target. I wouldn't be surprised if the regular figures joined them in another month. The regular series hasn't had another wave since the first 6 were released.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 23 queries.