New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Hobbit - Toy Line  (Read 7380 times)

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
Re: The Hobbit - Toy Line
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 06:42:06 PM »

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 10:46:12 PM »

Disappointed that we have to wait until July to see ANYTHING.  But I suppose with the movie coming out in December, the earliest they can really try to start selling toys would be around September.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

DavAnthony

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 02:56:45 PM »

That's cool that ex Toy Biz folks are with this company.  That gives the line hope.  Really sad that Toy Biz is gone, the action figure business and hobby has gone down the crapper a bit since they folded up. 
No one to keep the big toy makers honest. 

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 10:22:43 PM »

Ok,
Here's what I found out so far.  Some people who used to work for Toy Biz are now with this company.  They want to get into Action Figures line( a la NECA back then when Randy was hired).  There will be 6" scale also and the toys line is geared more toward collectors than kids.  I guess we "might" see some photo at SDCC.  First wave will be out in Oct but major push will be in Nov/Dec. 

At least this give me some comfort that some ex Toy Biz are with this company now.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 08:24:03 PM »

Apparently the figures were on display at Toy Fair, but no photos were permitted by The Bridge Direct.

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 07:07:24 PM »

Word is that the figures will be made in a 3.75" scale.  So now interchangeability with the Toy Biz LOTR line.   :(

Hmmm...that sucks.  Wonder why we didn't see any photo at Toy Fair. 

If they go with 3 3/4, they better make large environments.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 10:37:05 PM »

Word is that the figures will be made in a 3.75" scale.  So now interchangeability with the Toy Biz LOTR line.   :(

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 07:25:29 PM »

While no pictures available as of yet, they are up for pre-order at BBTS.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=2370&company=0&category=8458

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 05:42:13 PM »

Apparently they have a website http://www.thebridgedirect.com/lines.html
They are responsible for Zhu Zhu pets.
Here's a quote from Variety magazine
While a number of companies were vying for the "Hobbit" deal, Warner Bros. Consumer Products awarded the license to Bridge Direct given that many of its execs and staffers had worked on developing and marketing products tied to New Line's "Lord of the Rings" franchise while at other toymakers including Toy Biz and Play Along.
So maybe it won't be so bad.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:47:25 PM by pakledjim »

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 10:15:26 AM »

I was surprised, too.  I think Mattel might be kind of gun-shy after they went so big on Green Lantern, only to see that line get shellacked at retail.  And Hasbro has so many big ticket licenses that I don't think they wanted to pick up yet another.

From what I've read, Bridge Direct has done Justin Bieber merchandise and one other fairly successful license for girls.

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 10:55:29 PM »

The release of The Hobbit is coming just about a year from now.  And with it I think it's safe to say that we're likely to see a toy line.  Almost any major comic/fantasy film of the past decade has spawned some kind of toy license.

The Lord of the Rings toy line was pretty popular with a lot of collectors at the NJSWCC, myself included.  But that line ended after Return of the King ran it's course.  And then there was the demise of the company that brought us that line, ToyBiz.

So, the question remains:  do you WANT to see a line of toys for The Hobbit?  And if so, how expansive would you like it to be?  Do you want to see it in the same scale as the previous LOTR figures, or otherwise? 

There appears to be news about a licensee, a company called Bridge Direct.  The article in the link didn't give the company the most glowing review, but it's possible that with this license they may be trying to break into the big time.  And with the 2012 Toy Fair less than 2 months away I can only wonder what we might see.

When I heard about the company, I am leary about it.  I was hoping either Hasbro or Mattel will get the license.  I am really surprised this company got the license.  Never heard of them before.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
The Hobbit - Toy Line
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 06:04:49 PM »

The release of The Hobbit is coming just about a year from now.  And with it I think it's safe to say that we're likely to see a toy line.  Almost any major comic/fantasy film of the past decade has spawned some kind of toy license.

The Lord of the Rings toy line was pretty popular with a lot of collectors at the NJSWCC, myself included.  But that line ended after Return of the King ran it's course.  And then there was the demise of the company that brought us that line, ToyBiz.

So, the question remains:  do you WANT to see a line of toys for The Hobbit?  And if so, how expansive would you like it to be?  Do you want to see it in the same scale as the previous LOTR figures, or otherwise? 

There appears to be news about a licensee, a company called Bridge Direct.  The article in the link didn't give the company the most glowing review, but it's possible that with this license they may be trying to break into the big time.  And with the 2012 Toy Fair less than 2 months away I can only wonder what we might see.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 23 queries.