New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 Collecting Goals  (Read 2469 times)

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
Re: 2012 Collecting Goals
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 05:06:38 PM »

The one line that I might pick up is Hobbits also.  Need to see the pix at Toy Fair first.  Hopefully, it's in the same scale as Toybiz - 6".  I hope it won't be in this new trend 3 3/4 figures.

pvwojciak

• Jedi Master
  • "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 09:19:53 AM »

Like some others below, I'll continue what worked in 2011 and will be sticking with vintage only - mostly just with new figs or really significant upgrades on former characters.

The only other area that I'll work in is the SW Hallmark ornaments, of which I'll continue to get all.  After that, I'll be left to b*tch about the convention exclusives that I won't be able to get/afford.  :P

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 10:58:20 AM »

The Vintage Collection is definitely my Hasbro Star Wars focus.  I'm sticking with Clone Wars too, but I'm only do that for new figures/vehicles or significant repaints/kitbashes. 

Sideshow would have to offer something within my focus in order for me to pick something up from them.  That being a Jedi or Sith 12" figure.  The Boba Fett 12" is cool, but I'm trying to stick to my focus on these since they've gotten to be so expensive.

I've totally dropped Gentle Giant for the time being.  Until economic conditions improve I'm going to have to abstain from their line.  And I'm even looking to sell off some of my collection there.

As for other lines?  I'm trying to pick up select pieces from the Thor & Iron Man figure lines.  The Avengers line looks cool so far, too.  I'm also waiting to see what the figure line for The Hobbit has in store for collectors.  If it's something that meshes well with the Toy Biz LOTR line, then I might have to seriously consider that.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 10:23:02 AM »

I stick with vintage. Not into the Clone Wars or all the repacks anymore. Just too much money and too much stuff.

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 09:47:28 AM »

I have adjusted my collecting last year and will do so this year.  Star Wars is still my main collecting and now just MU and GI Joe only.  Nothing else.

But I did buy a new 3D TV so now I am trying to catch up with the 3D Blu rays :)

frehleyzcomet

• Jedi Master
2012 Collecting Goals
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 06:45:50 AM »

What are yours? Mine are to focus on vintage items only (like in 2011...which I picked up some stuff although not as much as I planned).

"I wanted to see you guys fight over it"
Target Employee
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 23 queries.

anything