New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Vintage Latest Collection Additions - Post Your New Collection Additions Here  (Read 7968 times)

greedodidntshoot

• Youngling
  • The NJSWCC Rules!

Picked up two loose Kenobi varients for my focus this week. Got a MINTY No COO gray hair and a very cool loose Kenobi with brown colored plastic legs (from UK) -- I believe that the brown color is a deteriation in a certain plastic run, but still a cool addition and at $2.00!! I'm happy to have him. Working on a deal for an early european bootleg Kenobi now.
Looking for a Lili Ledy Kenobi with a complete saber if anyone comes across one - let me know.
They came from....BEHIND (explosion)...

WANTS: Always looking for vintage Kenobi variations.

greedodidntshoot

• Youngling
  • The NJSWCC Rules!

No go on the jawa deal. I'm bummed.

frehleyzcomet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master

Don't even waste your time. Just negotiate on a graded 80 one so you atleast know it's real. But your right - the graded stuff makes people ask so much more. It's funny - with the newer stuff, you can't give it away carded. But if you open it and sell as loose complete, you almost get more than you paid. I don't get it ...lol!!!
"I wanted to see you guys fight over it"
Target Employee

greedodidntshoot

• Youngling
  • The NJSWCC Rules!

Update... apparently the going rate (according to this lady) for a vc jawa is $1700.00 - $2000.00....????!?!?  Wow, did I miss something or do vc jawas now crap golden eggs. What the hell....??

greedodidntshoot

• Youngling
  • The NJSWCC Rules!

Getting worried.... sent my offer off for the jawa and have gotten no reply. Sent a follow-up to make sure she received it and still nothing. I hope I didn't insult her - since she was asking $8000!!! and I offered $250.
Cheapest graded VC jawa on the bay right now is $699.99.

frehleyzcomet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master

I had a ESB 6 pack. Paid $150 for it. Box was decent with torn flap. Figures weren't sealed, except for one. So I just traded it off for maybe $250 worth of a MOMC deal.  This was before eBay - if I held onto it I could have gotten more there, cause as you can see people love to buy that kind of stuff even in bad condition.

Yeah, get the VC Jawa. Have you checked on eBay for graded/non-graded ones for better deals? Haven't seen asking prices in a while on those. Would love to check out this store - that's pretty annoying. They should just put high prices on it all to get going!
Target Employee

greedodidntshoot

• Youngling
  • The NJSWCC Rules!

Blue snag is on my list - I have just always wanted a vc jawa and I think with the funds I have available to put into the hobby right now - I want to pick up the jawa before all else. I put in my offer and waiting for a response...
I can sympothise with the more modern stuff - boxes full (waste of $ and space) in the basement. Can't give it away now. I love the movies, but really as far as collecting the memories attached to the old stuff is what keeps me in it.
The bagged stuff I have come across from time to time, but I usually sell it off - I'm not into how it displays. I have been trying to buy a ESB 6-pack (all bagged figs) from a crappy little shop with tons of old SW and the husband and wife team won't price anything - cases full of great stuff just sitting..."oh, we haven't gotten around to pricing all that stuff yet..." TWO YEARS!!!! Ahhhhh.

frehleyzcomet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master

Nice, I've done very well with buying things, grading them, and making a good profit. You need to get a Blue Snaggletooth next (perferably in a Kenner Bag) as it seems that you're going for the rarer figures. I recently bought a few collections of Kenner bag figures and two mailer box (both sealed) - that's the stuff that interests me right now. I've stopped buying any modern stuff. Have a corner of the garage stocked with that kind of thing, which I just don't have the room or interest for - so most of it has to go. Everything from EP1 pepsi cans to the saga figures.
Target Employee

greedodidntshoot

• Youngling
  • The NJSWCC Rules!

I'm going to try to go even cheaper... I really don't think this lady knows what she has and was shooting for the stars with her $15,000 opening bid....!! but she also thought she had all three DT saber figures (luke,vader and kenobi), but they were just regular sabers. I schooled her on some things and think we kind of have a raport now. This thing looks right off the card - stunner. If I get it I think it will be the first figure I actually send off for grading.

frehleyzcomet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master

That all sounds good. I'm not sure what gun mine is - I think I added that seperately after I bought mine, but it's now in the graded case. This was also before they started faking weapons, which really stinks that they do that know. I bought a graded Luke Blue saber loose just to make sure that I wasn't getting a fake weapon.

See if you can get it for $350 tops, I would try for $300.
Target Employee

greedodidntshoot

• Youngling
  • The NJSWCC Rules!

I had some tight shots of the cape and arm hole fits sent to me by the lady who has it. It has the cross-hathing on the cape and nice tight arm hole fit. Also has the "no bump" blaster... It's in a lot of other figs (orig. 12) and they all look early. I am feeling good about it.... I just have to try to get it at the right price. Loose vc jawa's go for around $400 - $450 on the bay - I can't swing that right now. I'm going to try to work some magic.

frehleyzcomet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master

I paid $160 for my VC Jawa a long time ago - maybe around 93. Got it at the AC Antique show, which was a good show at the time. Actually got lots of stuff there back in those days, and wish I had gotten more. All the top dealers were there in those years. Since, I had the Jawa authenticated just for my piece of mind...you need to look out for people cutting Bens cape down to size, and now I'm sure they have faked the cape to where it's almost exact. I'm glad I had sent mine in and received the grade and letter - just so i have the authentication for it.

Yeah, keep listing the stories here instead of the pictures. I recently picked up a sealed AT ST that's pretty nice. Got it for $200 instead of the same condition graded one which was atleast a hundred more. Right now I kind of want to pick up a few things, just not sure what.
Target Employee

greedodidntshoot

• Youngling
  • The NJSWCC Rules!

Ok. Anyway - I just recently picked up my first Yakface. He is loose and I only paid $50 for him. Got him from a guy in the UK. He was asking a lot more for him on Ebay - I started talking to him after it didn't sell and he ended up letting me have him for the $50. I have a similar deal working on a vc jawa right now. Keep you fingers crossed for me....Its amazing - mint. I will post if I get it.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council

We don't really do attachments here because they eat up server space.  If you can host your pics elsewhere, like photobucket, you can link the pics here.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

greedodidntshoot

• Youngling
  • The NJSWCC Rules!

I am having trouble getting pictures attached - any suggestions?..

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 21 queries.

anything