New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toy Hunters on the Travel Channel  (Read 3355 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: Toy Hunters on the Travel Channel
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 03:30:36 PM »

Just a little bump up for this thread. While the Travel Channel may have cancelled this show, Jordan is keeping the storefront up and running as the Hollywood Heroes Gallery. Check out the North Jersey store report section for more information.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

frehleyzcomet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 07:42:20 PM »

I'm sure most of that stuff has been picked clean. A few people had all the promo stuff (Tom Derby currently has that POTF Boba Fett Toy Fair Mock Up figure for sale at $30,000) over the years, as well as all the ad slicks and things of that nature. I'd like to search the comic store he was in.
"I wanted to see you guys fight over it"
Target Employee

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • Gregorbian's Customs
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 09:43:17 AM »

I haven't been able to see much of the show recently.  But in the pilot as well as a bit of one episode I caught a little of recently, Jordan was in Cincinatti.  Now I can't recall for sure, but did he make a point of saying WHY he was there?  I mean, I'm certainly aware.  And the reason being that there are lots of former Kenner employees in the area who may have some amazing pieces that they've been sitting on since who knows when.  But has Jordan ever really elaborated on this on the show?

He actually does!  He goes into a lot of detail about Kenner and why there are so many possible "gems" in the Cincinnati area.  That's one of my favorite parts of the show - he goes to former employees and they show off their prototypes and rare packaged items that they actually made.  On one of the episodes he bought some M.A.S.K. figures off of one of the original M.A.S.K. toy designers. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 12:11:37 AM »

Apparently Jordan has become something of a north Jersey celeb.  My wife was telling me that 201 magazine did an article about him, and some of his favorite places / things to do in Bergen County.

The one thing that gets me?  That in the promos for the show they keep on going back to him giving that price quote on the original rocket firing Boba Fett for $17 K!  I think it may give some of the audience the false impression that they may have some gem in a box in their basement.

I haven't been able to see much of the show recently.  But in the pilot as well as a bit of one episode I caught a little of recently, Jordan was in Cincinatti.  Now I can't recall for sure, but did he make a point of saying WHY he was there?  I mean, I'm certainly aware.  And the reason being that there are lots of former Kenner employees in the area who may have some amazing pieces that they've been sitting on since who knows when.  But has Jordan ever really elaborated on this on the show?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 12:16:03 AM by Nicklab »

frehleyzcomet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 10:15:53 PM »

I enjoy it. I don't care if anything is staged or not - the content is the main thing. (I only say that cause my friend was taped for Oddities and said it was 100% staged...he was the one selling a tooth necklace to them for Elvira).

The last episode was my favorite cause I just saw Mark Huckabone the previous weekend at the NJCC show. I bought some sealed MOTU stuff that day, and he was showing his stuff on the episode - so that was cool. Always good to see  these collectible shows. Been into it since Personal FX on the FX channel.
"I wanted to see you guys fight over it"
Target Employee

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • Gregorbian's Customs
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 02:02:57 PM »

I've been watching this show for the past couple of months. It's pretty entertaining.  The host (Jordan Hembrough) can be a bit cheesy at times, but it's definitely cool seeing the items he pulls. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 07:47:53 PM »

I hope they'll continue the series.  Jordan wound up selling a rocket firing Boba Fett to a guy at NY Comic Con for $17,000 by the end of the show.

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 02:50:04 PM »

I saw that one about 2 weeks ago.  Not sure if there will be more.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Toy Hunters on the Travel Channel
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »

Just found a show on the Travel Channel called Toy Hunters.  It seems like a takeoff from where American Pickers started. I believe the host is Jordan Hembrough of Hollywood Heroes. In the episode that is airing right now he is checking out the collection of the publisher of Tomarts
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 23 queries.

anything