New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 2014 BLACK SERIES 6"Basic Figures - News & Images  (Read 3949 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: 2014 BLACK SERIES 6"Basic Figures - News & Images
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 08:12:14 AM »

Check out some packaged images of some TBS 6" figures in THIS REBELSCUM POSTING.  Figures in this posting include a TIE Pilot, Yoda and Clone Trooper Sergeant (Phase I armor).
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2014, 04:12:05 PM »

Etailer Dorkside toys has just listed a new wave of 6" TBS basic figures.  This new wave is set to include:

-Clone Commander Cody
-IG-88
-Princess Leia as Boussh
-Obi-Wan Kenobi (no info about what version of Obi-Wan)
-C-3PO

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 09:03:39 PM »

Here are some of the new revelations from SDCC 2014 in the Black Series 6" Basic Figure line:

Han Solo - Stormtrooper Disguise

Bossk

TIE Fighter Pilot

Clone Trooper Sergeant
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 05:37:17 AM by Nicklab »

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 09:59:23 PM »

Check out the upcoming Black Series 6" scale Yoda as seen on the Star Wars Instagram account, complete with Yoda voice actor Tom Kane.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 03:37:57 PM »

Check out wave 4 of the 6" Black Series figures in their packages in THIS JEDI INSIDER POSTING.  This wave includes:

-Anakin Skywalker (Revenge Of The Sith)
-Chewbacca
-Clone Trooper (Attack Of The Clones)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 07:59:29 PM »

Check out THIS JEDIDEFENDER POSTING which shows the following 6" Black Series releases that could be on the way in the coming year:

The Black Series 6"

•SW 6" EP 4 CHEWBACCA

•SW 6" TIE PILOT

•SW 6" EP 5 C-3P0

•SW 6" EP II CLONE TROOPER

•SW 6" EP 5 DARTH VADER

•SW 6" EP 6 LUKE JEDI

•SW 6" JAWAS

•SW 6" SANDTROOPERS (Multiple Listings)

•SW BLACK SERIES 6INCH DELUXE AST (?)

•SW BLACK SERIES 6INCH JABBA THE HUTT

•SW BLACK SERIES 6INCH SPEEDER BIKE

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 07:16:32 PM »

Check out THIS GALACTIC HUNTER POSTING for images of the 6" Black Series Stormtrooper, Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS) and Luke Skywalker (Bespin).

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2013, 12:15:47 PM »

Lots of news regarding The Black Series 6" figures from SDCC 2013.  Wave 2 of the new line will include:

-Boba Fett (The Empire Strikes Back)
-Greedo
-Han Solo (A New Hope)
-Princess Leia (Return of the Jedi - Jabba's slave)

You can check out images at THE OFFICIAL SITE.

Also on tap?  Presumably, for wave 3, there will be an Obi-Wan Kenobi from Revenge Of The Sith.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 10:22:36 AM »

Check out THIS ENTERTAINMENT EARTH POSTING.  They, in conjunction with Hasbro, have announced that Greedo will be among the upcoming figures in THE BLACK SERIES line of 6" figures.  Keep checking back at that EE page, as they seem poised to announce another 3 figures for THE BLACK SERIES.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 04:26:31 PM by Nicklab »

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 09:44:54 AM »

Check out THIS YAKFACE POSTING.  Hasbro has done an image dump, and there are now official images of a number of upcoming Black Series 6" figures.  Included in this set are:

SANDTROOPER

R2-D2

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 05:58:10 PM »

Check out THIS REBELSCUM POSTING which has some hi-res images Luke Skywalker, R2-D2 and the Sandtrooper from the first wave of Black Series 6" figures.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 10:24:54 PM »

Check out this Jedi Insider posting with some new images of the 6" Black Series Luke Skywalker.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 11:34:25 AM »

This is BIG!  Hasbro has officially announced their new BLACK SERIES Figure line in THIS USA TODAY ARTICLE:

Hasbro unveils 'Star Wars' Black Series action figures
Brian Truitt, USA TODAY11:03a.m. EST January 29, 2013

New toys are on a bigger scale and will focus on characters from the original movie trilogy.

Star Wars action figures are growing up with their audience.

After 35 years of fantastic plastic standing tall in pop culture at 3¾ inches, Hasbro is releasing the Star Wars Black Series this year, beginning a new set of 6-inch figures that will feature more articulation and an increased attention to detail.

Priced at $19.99 each, eight figures are planned for 2013 — Hasbro will primarily draw characters from the original Star Wars trilogy of films while also bringing in key players from the prequels.

The first wave of four, due out in early to mid-August, includes Luke Skywalker in his X-Wing Fighter flight suit, fan-favorite droid R2-D2, bad guy Darth Maul and an Imperial Sandtrooper.

"We consider them the best figures that Hasbro's ever produced for Star Wars that meets the sensibilities of romancing the character as well as the playability and poseability that fans really appreciate," says Derryl DePriest, Hasbro vice president of boys marketing.

Hasbro has had success with the scale before with the 6-inch Marvel Legends figures based on Marvel Comics heroes and villains. In terms of Star Wars, though, the Black Series will act as a transitional point between the 3¾-inch toys — "which is rooted in the childhood memories of generations of now-grown kids," DePriest says — and the 12-inch Sideshow Collectibles figures for adult collectors.

The current "vintage"-style line of 3¾ figures will also continue under the Black Series banner.

Whether it's holding a blaster or a lightsaber, Luke Skywalker is ready for action in his X-Wing Fighter outfit as part of the 'Star Wars' Black Series.(Photo: Hasbro)

In creating something new and different with Star Wars, the color black became an inspiration for toy designers, DePriest says. "It's one of the main colors of Star Wars all the way back to the beginning, and it's the approach that Lucasfilm has taken with their collector-oriented product line. We're bringing that simplicity and essence and focus on the character now to the toy aisle."

The Black Series appeals to those newbies who want to start a series from the start as well as those hardcore collectors who gobble up anything having to do with the words "Jedi" or "Empire" and "are looking for something new and their interest isn't as piqued by the 15th cantina alien we have yet to do," DePriest says. "We realize folks want their iconic characters delivered up in a new way."

With Star Wars: Episode VII coming from new Star Wars director J.J. Abrams in a couple of years, as well as comics, novels and other media adding to the universe George Lucas started in 1977, it's a good time to figure out different scales and toys for the next generation of Star Wars fan, according to DePriest.

Before then, however, the Black Series also gives a chance for parents to connect with their own little Star Wars fans.

"Our focus here is the adult collector, the dad," DePriest says. "We know they have their own generation of youngsters they like to share the adventure with. It can be something for dad, and the 3¾ world can be something for the kids to share."

****DOH!  Beat me to that, Falcon!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:45:41 AM by Nicklab »

Falcon

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 11:31:25 AM »

More revealed in this USA TODAY ARTICLE:

Hasbro unveils 'Star Wars' Black Series action figures
Brian Truitt, USA TODAY11:03a.m. EST January 29, 2013

New toys are on a bigger scale and will focus on characters from the original movie trilogy.

Hasbro's 'Star Wars' Black Series features new 6-inch action figures
    The first wave features Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul, R2-D2 and a Sandtrooper
    'Star Wars' has a long history of 3¾-inch figures

Star Wars action figures are growing up with their audience.

After 35 years of fantastic plastic standing tall in pop culture at 3¾ inches, Hasbro is releasing the Star Wars Black Series this year, beginning a new set of 6-inch figures that will feature more articulation and an increased attention to detail.

Priced at $19.99 each, eight figures are planned for 2013 — Hasbro will primarily draw characters from the original Star Wars trilogy of films while also bringing in key players from the prequels.

The first wave of four, due out in early to mid-August, includes Luke Skywalker in his X-Wing Fighter flight suit, fan-favorite droid R2-D2, bad guy Darth Maul and an Imperial Sandtrooper.

"We consider them the best figures that Hasbro's ever produced for Star Wars that meets the sensibilities of romancing the character as well as the playability and poseability that fans really appreciate," says Derryl DePriest, Hasbro vice president of boys marketing.

Hasbro has had success with the scale before with the 6-inch Marvel Legends figures based on Marvel Comics heroes and villains. In terms of Star Wars, though, the Black Series will act as a transitional point between the 3¾-inch toys — "which is rooted in the childhood memories of generations of now-grown kids," DePriest says — and the 12-inch Sideshow Collectibles figures for adult collectors.

The current "vintage"-style line of 3¾ figures will also continue under the Black Series banner.

Whether it's holding a blaster or a lightsaber, Luke Skywalker is ready for action in his X-Wing Fighter outfit as part of the 'Star Wars' Black Series.(Photo: Hasbro)

In creating something new and different with Star Wars, the color black became an inspiration for toy designers, DePriest says. "It's one of the main colors of Star Wars all the way back to the beginning, and it's the approach that Lucasfilm has taken with their collector-oriented product line. We're bringing that simplicity and essence and focus on the character now to the toy aisle."

The Black Series appeals to those newbies who want to start a series from the start as well as those hardcore collectors who gobble up anything having to do with the words "Jedi" or "Empire" and "are looking for something new and their interest isn't as piqued by the 15th cantina alien we have yet to do," DePriest says. "We realize folks want their iconic characters delivered up in a new way."

With Star Wars: Episode VII coming from new Star Wars director J.J. Abrams in a couple of years, as well as comics, novels and other media adding to the universe George Lucas started in 1977, it's a good time to figure out different scales and toys for the next generation of Star Wars fan, according to DePriest.

Before then, however, the Black Series also gives a chance for parents to connect with their own little Star Wars fans.

"Our focus here is the adult collector, the dad," DePriest says. "We know they have their own generation of youngsters they like to share the adventure with. It can be something for dad, and the 3¾ world can be something for the kids to share."
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 05:10:04 AM »

Check out THIS REBELSCUM POSTING:

The 411: Is a 6-Inch Star Wars Line Imminent?
Posted by Rich on January 28, 2013 at 02:42 AM CST

According to our spies, Gentle Giant and Hasbro are collaborating in the development of a super-articulated, highly detailed 6-inch Star Wars line. Since the two companies already work together on Hasbro's Marvel Legends line, partnering up for a 6-inch Star Wars line isn't inconceivable.

Reports put at least two figures a good distance into the development process and one spy notes the quality saying "I don't collect Star Wars, but if these come out I'm going to." The question is, will you? Join the discussion in our forums and share your thoughts.

No Bothans were harmed in the delivery of this message
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:57:16 PM by Nicklab »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 23 queries.