New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Wars 'Black Series' 6-inch Scale Figures  (Read 6749 times)

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
Re: Star Wars 'Black Series' 6-inch Scale Figures
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2017, 01:19:57 PM »

Just looked at mine and it looks fine

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2017, 01:03:28 PM »

I saw some social media posts of some HORRENDOUS paint apps on the new Poe Dameron.  I was on the verge of buying one from HTS today, but seeing that?  I have to see it in person before I buy this one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2017, 12:00:25 AM »

Thrawn is hot.  Hes the one most people looking for.  I was able to get all but him(42-48).

Hasbro definitely released solid packed cases of other figures in the same wave as the Royal Guard.  I saw solid cases of both Qui-Gon and Lando.

The first couple of waves of TLJ 6" figures are interesting, but they don't seem to reveal anything that might be conceived as a spoiler:

WAVE 12
___  #42 - Hera Syndulla
___  #43 - Darth Vader (A New Hope)  REISSUE
___  #44 - Rey (Jedi Training)
___  #45 - Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
___  #46 - Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
___  #47 - Grand Admiral Thrawn
___  #48 - Stormtrooper REISSUE

WAVE 13
___  #tbd - Maz Kanata
___  #tbd - General Leia Organa (The Force Awakens)
___  #tbd - Finn (First Order Disguise)
___  #tbd - Praetorian Guard
___  #tbd - Captain Poe Dameron

It's notable that Hasbro is sticking some reissues into these waves:  Vader (reissued from the 40AC line) and the Stormtrooper (reissued from the black & orange phase as well as 40AC) are both in wave 12, and the #31 - AT-AT Pilot and #35 - Imperial Snowtrooper are both being carried forward to wave 13.  The word from Hasbro is that they want these figures to be available for fans who want to augment the 6" Black Series Centerpiece line.  The Stormtrooper would work with the Darth Vader Centerpiece figure, as would the Rebel Fleet Trooper that's scheduled in a wave that's still TBA.  And the AT-AT Pilot & Snowtrooper are intended to interface with the Luke Skywalker (Hoth) Centerpiece figure and base.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2017, 11:15:03 AM »

Hasbro definitely released solid packed cases of other figures in the same wave as the Royal Guard.  I saw solid cases of both Qui-Gon and Lando.

The first couple of waves of TLJ 6" figures are interesting, but they don't seem to reveal anything that might be conceived as a spoiler:

WAVE 12
___  #42 - Hera Syndulla
___  #43 - Darth Vader (A New Hope)  REISSUE
___  #44 - Rey (Jedi Training)
___  #45 - Kylo Ren (The Last Jedi)
___  #46 - Luke Skywalker (Jedi Master)
___  #47 - Grand Admiral Thrawn
___  #48 - Stormtrooper REISSUE

WAVE 13
___  #tbd - Maz Kanata
___  #tbd - General Leia Organa (The Force Awakens)
___  #tbd - Finn (First Order Disguise)
___  #tbd - Praetorian Guard
___  #tbd - Captain Poe Dameron

It's notable that Hasbro is sticking some reissues into these waves:  Vader (reissued from the 40AC line) and the Stormtrooper (reissued from the black & orange phase as well as 40AC) are both in wave 12, and the #31 - AT-AT Pilot and #35 - Imperial Snowtrooper are both being carried forward to wave 13.  The word from Hasbro is that they want these figures to be available for fans who want to augment the 6" Black Series Centerpiece line.  The Stormtrooper would work with the Darth Vader Centerpiece figure, as would the Rebel Fleet Trooper that's scheduled in a wave that's still TBA.  And the AT-AT Pilot & Snowtrooper are intended to interface with the Luke Skywalker (Hoth) Centerpiece figure and base.

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • Gregorbian's Customs
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 09:46:51 AM »

I was able to score a couple of Imperial Guard figures from Amazon Prime earlier this week (they had them for $22 shipped but sold out very quickly).  These figures are amazing.  The softgoods are fantastic (very lightweight material that flows) and the comic-book inspired sculpt underneath is awesome.  Hopefully these guys will hit the retail stores en masse (I heard rumors hasbro was releasing solid-pack cases of these guys, but who knows).
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2016, 08:04:33 AM »

Here are some of the new 6" Black Series figures that were revealed at NYCC by Hasbro:

Here are some of the 6" figure images that were revealed at the NYCC Hasbro panel:

Black Series 6":

Scarif Shoretrooper Squad Leader

Director Orson Krennic

Darth Vader (ROGUE ONE/ANH)

Baze Malbus

Chirrut Imwe

Thoughts?

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • Gregorbian's Customs
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 09:11:37 AM »

I picked up the K-2SO and Imperial Death Trooper figures today.  K-2SO was my most anticipated figure from this wave and he looks really great in person.  The paint apps are crisp and he's got some decent battle-damage paint apps.  The articulation is great, although has redundant/pointless joints (the swivel joints below the elbows are pointless since he has a swivel wrist).  Still, I'd rather have too many than too few points of articulation.

The Death Trooper is a neat figure, although he's pretty skinny and a bit taller than the normal Stormtrooper black series figure.  Maybe their just taller dudes than the run of the mill troopers.  The holster looks like a piece of string, which is weird (but could be accurate for all I know).  Looks cheap though.  Other than that, it's a pretty good figure.  I'm not a huge fan of the black-armored or Shadow troopers, but I don't mind having a few of these guys. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2014, 06:30:38 PM »

There's a cool post from the folks over at SWAN.  It shows a variant cover of Diamond Previews which features Hasbro's Black Series 6" Star Wars figures.  Among the display are Emporer Palpatine, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, Bossk, IG-88, and count 'em...  50 STORMTROOPERS!!!

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 05:49:20 AM »

We all knew they would start making new clones and Sandtrooper remakes. It's all about money and I understand but it's easy for Hasbro to get more use out of an existing mold. I'm still waiting to see remakes of x-wing pilots using the original Luke mold....except of course if they ever did Porkins  ;). I really like the Bossk. I'm figuring they should be coming out with more characters from Jabbas palace. With the exclusive of Jabba this year and the carbonite Han from last year I'm sure they want to add to it. Would be nice to see Bib Fortuna and a Gamorrean Guard.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 05:27:19 AM »

There seems to be a very deliberate effort on Hasbro's part to focus on the OT with this line.  It seems as though there are 3 OT characters in the 6" figure line for every 1 PT character.  Still, the new offerings look pretty cool. 

Bossk is a nice addition, and the articulated jaw is a cool feature.  Generally, I think that the bounty hunters are going to be a solid source of material.  And it seems like in the pecking order of bounty hunters Bossk comes up right behind Boba Fett.

The TIE Pilot looks sharp, too.  While Hasbro has covered SO MUCH ground with Imperials in the 3.75" line, I think the 6" line is fertile ground for Imperials.  And it seems like there's going to be a shift towards Rebels and Imperials with the launch of the new REBELS series and the impending Sequel Trilogy.

Han Solo in Stormtrooper gear?  Meh.  That looks like an attempt to cash in on the Stormtrooper tooling, IMHO. 

The Clone Sergeant is a nice offering.  It seems like only recently that Hasbro is paying more attention to this particular Clone rank from the AOTC/phase I era.  But again, this is also a repaint of the plain white Clone Trooper that should be hitting stores soon.

Falcon

• Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 06:26:31 PM »

So far I've avoided the 6" Black series figures (except for the Walgreens Boba, which I preordered), with more I see coming out, the better these are looking, I may have to jump in selectively.

From what I see, the earlier waves can be had a little less than retail on Amazon.
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 04:49:35 AM »

SDCC has passed, but a whole lot of new 6" Black Series figures have been revealed.  What's your take on the newly announced offerings?

Han Solo - Stormtrooper Disguise

Bossk

TIE Fighter Pilot

Clone Trooper Sergeant

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2014, 11:25:20 AM »

So, we're over 6 months and 3 waves into the new paradigm of Star Wars 6" figures.  Now that you have these in hand, what do you think of the line?

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2013, 09:45:43 AM »

Now that these can be found at stores, I picked up a Sandtrooper yesterday.  I remember when I first collect Marvel Legends and wished Hasbro can do the same with SW.  Years later, my wish comes true.

I LOVE IT.  The 6" scale to me is perfect.  Enough details and articulations but won't take up much display room.  I want more.  It will be expensive for sure since I want 2 of each also.  Heck, army building will be really expensive so I need to limit on what I will get.  I can see this line lasts for a very long time especially with new movies coming out.

It's great to be a SW fan but not my wallet.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 07:07:53 AM »

Truth be told, I still have not seen any of the Black Series 6" figures in a store thus far.  From what I've been reading around various forums, people seem to be getting more excited about this line.  But the skeptic in me really wants to see them in person before taking the plunge into a whole new scale.  Plus, the SDCC/CE2 shared exclusive was nearly impossible to score.  I haven't been able to get one.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 22 queries.

anything