New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Wolverine Movie Series  (Read 2681 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: Wolverine Movie Series
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 05:22:59 AM »

This might help -

Release Order: X-Men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of the Future Past, Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse, Logan.

Chronological Order: X-Men: First Class (1962), X-Men: Days of Future Past (1973 sequence), X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1981), X-Men: Apocalypse (Alternate 1983), X-Men (2000), X2 (2003), X-Men: The Last Stand (2006), The Wolverine (2013), Deadpool (2016), X-Men: Days of Future Past (2023 sequence), Logan (2029).

That covers a lot, but not everything in the series timeline.  Here's more of what I was able to dig up:

Chronological Order:

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1845 sequence)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1860 - War montage - American Civil War)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1918 - War montage - WWI)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1944 - War montage - WWII)
The Wolverine (1945 - Nagasaki WWII sequence)
X-Men: First Class (1962)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1970 - Vietnam sequence)
X-Men: Days of Future Past (1973 sequence)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1979 - based on the Three Mile Island sequence)
X-Men: Apocalypse (1983 - Alternate post DOFP timeline)
X-Men (2000)
X2 (2003)
X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
The Wolverine (2013)
Deadpool (2016)
X-Men: Days of Future Past (2023 sequence)
Logan (2029)

I had help.  Nerdist has a video that runs through the entire timeline.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 04:37:41 PM »

Nice.  Watching it confused the heck out of me on timeline

This might help -

Release Order: X-Men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine, X-Men: Days of the Future Past, Deadpool, X-Men: Apocalypse, Logan.

Chronological Order: X-Men: First Class (1962), X-Men: Days of Future Past (1973 sequence), X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1981), X-Men: Apocalypse (Alternate 1983), X-Men (2000), X2 (2003), X-Men: The Last Stand (2006), The Wolverine (2013), Deadpool (2016), X-Men: Days of Future Past (2023 sequence), Logan (2029).

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »

This might help -

"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 05:25:57 AM »

The X-Men/Wolverine movie timelines are all over the place, and the casting for the different projects make the entire Fox X-verse seem like a hot mess. 

Just looking at William Stryker, the inconsistencies make it tough to wrap your head around things.  First you've got Brian Cox playing an older Stryker circa 2003 in the second X-Men film.  Then we see a younger Stryker played by Danny Huston for X-Men Origins - Wolverine, and I think he was pretty good in the role.  The timeframe for that movie was supposed to be at the height of the Vietnam war through 1979, which is when the Three Mile Island incident happened.  Where I think it turned into a mess is when they recast Stryker for X-Men: Days of Future Past.  That movie is set in 1973, and that falls within the timespan that had already been established in that first Wolverine movie where Danny Huston played the role.  This new actor, Josh Helman, came in to play Stryker now.  And you replaced Huston with an actor who is over 20 years younger!

I get that Fox and people behind the X-Men films may regard the inclusion of some characters in that first Wolverine movie as mistakes.  There was Cyclops, Emma Frost and Deadpool, notably.  And since Fox now seems to be moving forward with Deadpool things are even more complicated, but I think the people behind the Deadpool movies are self-aware enough to work through it.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 10:31:22 PM »

Actually we're both wrong. You were closer. Origins he gets his claws after Vietnam war so probably is supposed to be the 80s. These timelines are confusing as hell. Then again, his appearance as weapon x in apocalypse he has his claws to and when is that supposed to be?

Oh, I thought in the cinematic timeline is was a lot later than that.  Because Stryker(?) was young in the 1960's, but old when they did the procedure on Logan, right?

Well technically he got his metal in the late 60's correct? So he did live about 70 years after the adamantium was installed so I would say she has another 70 years at least.

Two takeaways I had:

1. I believe when we first met Wolverine lo these many years ago, he was in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest and that's where his story came to an end.

2. The little girl is going to die in about 20 years from the Adamantium. Just in case the movie wasn't depressing enough already.

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 03:11:41 PM »

Oh, I thought in the cinematic timeline is was a lot later than that.  Because Stryker(?) was young in the 1960's, but old when they did the procedure on Logan, right?

Well technically he got his metal in the late 60's correct? So he did live about 70 years after the adamantium was installed so I would say she has another 70 years at least.

Two takeaways I had:

1. I believe when we first met Wolverine lo these many years ago, he was in the wilds of the Pacific Northwest and that's where his story came to an end.

2. The little girl is going to die in about 20 years from the Adamantium. Just in case the movie wasn't depressing enough already.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 02:03:18 PM »

Two takeaways I had:

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 04:37:58 PM »

Two takeaways I had:

pakledjim

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 02:34:29 PM »

Saw it Sunday night, best of the X-Men/Wolverine films.

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 06:59:48 PM »

Sad movie, lots of graphic violence.

Give credit to whomever came up with the idea that the adamantium slowly kills you.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 01:07:24 PM »

Saw Logan today,  really liked it alot, it was very good.  Alot of violence but a good plot as well.   There were a few surprises too which made the movie stand out. 

Also, instead of a post credit scene, there was little cameo before the movie.   Good stuff.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 03:53:20 PM »

Check out the new trailer for Logan, which may be the final film for Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Seems like an odd storyline.

This is supposed to be the film take on the Old Man Logan storyline.  I can't profess to know much more, since I had checked out of actively reading Marvel Comics well before this limited series was published.

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 11:01:07 AM »

Check out the new trailer for Logan, which may be the final film for Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Seems like an odd storyline.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 07:01:42 AM »

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
Re: The Wolverine - 2013
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 01:35:21 PM »

Saw wolverine too. Pretty good. Stay for end credits. Was a bit surprised.

Movie was acceptable.  The credits scene was probably the best of the movie.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 22 queries.

anything