New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batman VS Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)  (Read 7229 times)

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
Re: Batman VS Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 12:56:36 PM »

I think most of the focus on the casting for this film has been about Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.  The news about the Luthor casting definitely seems to have stirred something up.  But I think that Jesse Eisenberg did some good work in The Social Network.

There's also a rumor circulating that the Flash might work his way into this script as well.  But as of right now there's been no casting announcement to that end.

The article I posted below confirmed the Flash yes.  I didn't mean Jesse wasn't a decent actor, I actually liked him in several movies, just that I don't see him as a Lex Luthor at all.   
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 12:17:52 PM »

I think most of the focus on the casting for this film has been about Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.  The news about the Luthor casting definitely seems to have stirred something up.  But I think that Jesse Eisenberg did some good work in The Social Network.

There's also a rumor circulating that the Flash might work his way into this script as well.  But as of right now there's been no casting announcement to that end.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2014, 09:45:47 PM »

Didn't see anyone posting this, Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/01/31/jesse-eisenberg-cast-as-lex-luthor-in-batmansuperman-film-breaking/

That's terrible if it's true. He looks like he's 12.

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 04:16:08 PM »

I did see that casting a while back.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

pakledjim

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2014, 03:47:36 PM »

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2014, 11:25:20 AM »

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 04:50:55 AM »

Well he's already played Superman in Hollywoodland.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 11:05:32 PM »

I don't think he's very diverse as an actor. There is no depth to his characters. I liked a few of his films but not because of his acting. This is almost like when clooney took over as batman. Just a bad choice I think.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 10:17:12 PM »

And now there are rumors of Brian Cranston playing Lex Luthor!  Although those seem to have been quashed for now.

I'm really surprised to see just how polarizing the Ben Affleck announcement has been.  I know a lot of people have strong feelings about his turn as Daredevil 10 years ago.  But given his work over the past 3 or 4 years, I know he's become something of a critics darling.  Are people willing to just overlook the fact that he just directed a film that won a Best Picture Oscar?  He is a legit talent and a not just a popcorn film star.

pakledjim

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 09:58:09 AM »

I thought this was a joke when I heard it. Sorry, but he is just not right for the part.

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 03:05:06 PM »

I, for one, am not happy with Affleck pick.  Growing up, I love DD and he ruined it.  Are they really running out of talents out there?  There are NO ONE else out there that they can pick?

WB needs to do well to compete with Marvels but this just set them back big time IMO

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 06:18:00 AM »

And Batman will be....

Ben Affleck!

As an actor, I think Ben Affleck has come a long way in the past 10 years.  He's chosen some really good projects, both to star in and direct.  And I think he's grown substantially as a performer since 2003's Daredevil

Given where things left off in The Dark Knight Rises, I'm disappointed that Christian Bale won't be returning.  I even heard that he was offered some $50 million to return, although I'm not sure if it was for this project or the Justice League movie which seems to be the goal of Warner Brothers down the line.  Still, I did not think that Joseph Gordon Levitt was in a place to step into the Batman role.  And one line that I caught at the end of The Dark Knight Rises cited Robin as a nickname of Levitt's character.  Will Robin come into play in the next film?  It would be cool to see that.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 10:01:35 AM »

This AP article discusses the new project

Superman is coming back _ this time with Batman
By SANDY COHEN— Jul. 21 4:05 AM EDT

SAN DIEGO (AP) — Superman is coming back, and he'll have a caped co-star.

"Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con on Saturday to announce he is making another Superman film and it will include Batman — the first time the two superheroes will be united on the big screen.

He declined to reveal many details, saying the script is just being written. He then invited an actor onstage to read a passage to hint at the story line.

"I am the man who beat you," read Harry Lennox, before an image of the Superman logo, backed by the Batman symbol, flashed on the screen.

Warner Bros. confirmed the first-ever pairing in a statement.

Snyder reimagined Superman in his June blockbuster "Man of Steel," starring Henry Cavill and Amy Adams. The film has grossed more than $630 million worldwide.

Cavill and Adams will appear in the sequel, Warner Bros. said.

Reaction to the news stunned Twitter and left fans at Comic-Con giddy.

"Personally, I love him," said Claudia Gomez, who was wearing a Batman T-shirt while her niece, Ana, wore a Superman shirt.

Gomez, who traveled to Comic-Con from Mexico City, said the pairing of both heroes left her optimistic about a new Superman film.

Benjamin Ha, who dressed as Superman to his wife's Wonder Woman, said bringing the two superheroes together will yield fireworks.

"They're both alpha males," he said.

Saturday's announcement about the film follows DC Entertainment's debut last month of the Greg Pak-written Batman/Superman comic, an ongoing monthly series illustrated by Jae Lee that was the top-selling title among comic books in June.

The book pairs the two characters together a time in their lives when they're both young and still adapting to being superheroes.

Superman and Batman have also been at odds in comic books, too. In Frank Miller's dark telling of The Dark Knight Returns, a four-issue mini-series from the 1980s, Batman came out of retirement while Superman became a tool of the federal government.

Production on the Superman sequel is set to begin next year. The film is expected to be released in the summer of 2015.

So, could this be an homage to the Frank Miller story?  Apparently, the passage which was read by Harry Lennix at the panel is from that classic Frank Miller work, The Dark Knight ReturnsThis Newsarama post seems to indicate as much.  And it also indicates that Batman will be re-cast for this film.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 10:14:48 AM by Nicklab »

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
Batman VS Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 09:11:43 AM »

So the next movie will be a Batman/Superman movie.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 03:22:32 PM by Nicklab »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries.