New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Agents of SHIELD  (Read 7947 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: Agents of SHIELD
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2014, 09:53:14 AM »

ABC has released a synopsis of season 2 of 'Agents of SHIELD'.  Check it out in THIS COMICBOOK.COM POSTING
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2014, 12:32:31 PM »

The lovely Adrianne Palicki will be joining the cast as Mockingbird.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2014, 10:59:39 AM »

I had to do a little searching, but it seems that Chloe Bennett, who plays Skye, did say that the alien at the Guest House was in fact a Kree.  It would've been nice to see that come from the show and not some press event, but I suppose they're going to explore that at some point next season.  Especially in light of Coulson's late night "doodling".  And since the Kree do appear to play a part in Guardians of the Galaxy it does make some sense to involve them in Agents of SHIELD.

Well, having seen Guardians of the Galaxy it seems like the mysterious blue alien may in fact have been a Kree.  And I'm pretty sure that some glyphs that I saw on the walls of Ronan's starship were pretty similar to what Coulson was inscribing on the walls in the season finale of Agents of SHIELD.

In other Agents of SHIELD news, it looks like the show is back in production.  The season 2 premiere is set for September 23rd.  And there's at least one familiar face coming to the show in the form of Lucy Lawless as a SHIELD agent.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2014, 07:54:33 AM »

I had to do a little searching, but it seems that Chloe Bennett, who plays Skye, did say that the alien at the Guest House was in fact a Kree.  It would've been nice to see that come from the show and not some press event, but I suppose they're going to explore that at some point next season.  Especially in light of Coulson's late night "doodling".  And since the Kree do appear to play a part in Guardians of the Galaxy it does make some sense to involve them in Agents of SHIELD.

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2014, 07:15:07 PM »

I was hoping we'd at least see a glimpse of her powers before the season ended.

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2014, 04:18:33 PM »

I liked the season finale, better then some of the episodes have been.
If they had a little more of the humor that was in the season finale, the should would be a lot better. Rumors are still swirling around the blue alien. Supposedly (I can't confirm) Chloe (Skye) revealed it was Kree. Still interested in knowing what she is.

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2014, 02:22:09 PM »

I wonder if when SHIELD got the 'green light' that half way through the 1st season the events of Captain American would destroy the organization.

I'm not sure what direction the show is going to head in.

I fairly liked the team of agents with diverse and unique skills investigating a new phenomenon every week.

Now it seems like without the support of SHIELD some of the characters have no purpose (FitzSimmons) or anything to do.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2014, 07:48:32 AM »

Interesting developments in light of the discovery of the Hydra cabal within SHIELD.  I got the sense that Coulson was fairly senior within SHIELD.  But for him to be one of the most senior agents remaining in the organization?  It sounds like Garrett and his cohorts may have done far more damage than was first thought.

True to form, Talbot seemed like a tremendous prick.  And it seems like he's gunning to take SHIELD apart.  But I wonder if he's involved if we may eventually see "Thunderbolt" Ross work his way into the show, too?  I think William Hurt did a great job with Ross in The Incredible Hulk, but I know that he's currently working on a Broadway play.

Ward's turn is seeming more and more legit as thing progress.  I had initially thought that he was attempting to go into deep cover in an effort to infiltrate Hydra.  But now I'm not so sure about that theory.

The one thing that I got a real kick from in last night's episode?  It was actually a callback to the first Captain America & Falcon comic I ever got.  In the comic Cap & Falcon went into a barber shop and got into chairs.  From there, the chairs lowered into a secret SHIELD facility.  And when "Flowers" got lowered into the Hydra base the same way I just loved it!

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 05:07:04 PM »

Got around to watching last weeks episode yesterday. It was actually good, I hope they change the line up of characters, get rid of Ward and May and bring in some better characters. Though I like Fitz, he's turning into Wesley Crusher. "I saved the Enterprise/Bus with one of my devices."

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2014, 08:07:49 PM »

Another possible movie tie-in is slated for the next Agents of SHIELD.  Guest starring this week will be Colonel Glenn Talbot, who many of you may know from Hulk comics!

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2014, 11:56:22 AM »

Looks like I'll be watching Agents of SHIELD on the DVR and not live this week.  I'm going to see the new Captain America movie on Wednesday, and I'd like to be able to keep with the flow of the stories.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2014, 10:06:17 PM »

Rumor has it that the events of this past week's episode tie in directly with the plot of Captain America - The Winter Soldier.  I've gotten some hints of what's going on, but I still want to see the movie before discussing it.
Yes they do. And this weeks episode does as well I hear.
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2014, 10:22:10 AM »

Rumor has it that the events of this past week's episode tie in directly with the plot of Captain America - The Winter Soldier.  I've gotten some hints of what's going on, but I still want to see the movie before discussing it.

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2014, 10:58:16 AM »

I think that was just some poor coma patient who got shot.

Before this season is over I think we're supposed to see some of Skye's powers.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2014, 08:37:01 PM »

Loving Bill Paxton's character on the show.  He provides a cool foil for Coulson's straight-man act.  The fact that they have some history together seems to lighten the air.

Ward's actions were very surprising, although I think they were prompted by the Clairvoyant himself.  And was that perhaps Brad Dourif as the Clairvoyant?

Also wondering where the Agent May storyline is leading.  Who has she been reporting back to?  I'm thinking that it's Agent Hand.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 23 queries.

anything