New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Agents of SHIELD  (Read 7939 times)

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
Re: Agents of SHIELD
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 05:13:17 PM »

I don't know if Matthew was being sarcastic or not, but I gotta agree. The show is not what it should be or what it was hyped to be. The resolution to Coulson's mystery left me kind of bleah. Like that's all?
Mike Peterson becoming Deathlok and probably not going to look anything like his character just makes me feel like this is the 80's again and were watching another Incredible Hulk movie. Remember DD and Thor?

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 05:21:42 PM »

After Mike Peterson's last appearance on Agents of SHIELD you had to have an idea that he was being set up for something.  I can't say that I know anything about Deathlok aside from the name and some of the imagery.  But there's been a deliberate pattern of foreshadowing throughout the season.  I think that's left a good number of viewers a little frustrated with the series, but some of those storylines are starting to pay off.

My question?  Who is The Clairvoyant?

Was wondering same thing. No clue yet. Show is picking up a bit and I hope it gets better with the new characters.
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 02:03:35 PM »

After Mike Peterson's last appearance on Agents of SHIELD you had to have an idea that he was being set up for something.  I can't say that I know anything about Deathlok aside from the name and some of the imagery.  But there's been a deliberate pattern of foreshadowing throughout the season.  I think that's left a good number of viewers a little frustrated with the series, but some of those storylines are starting to pay off.

My question?  Who is The Clairvoyant?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 10:33:45 AM »

this sounds cool, they better do something with these characters, make them similar to the comic versions, especially Deathlok.  I am wondering who star is now that we know she has powers that she isn't even aware of. 

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/tca-deathlok-joining-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d/

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 05:05:42 AM »

Bill Paxton will have a recurring role as an Agent.

Game over, man.  Game over.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 06:05:45 PM »

Well that's cool!  The cleanup scene was another interesting crossover, too.  And crossovers like these are a nice way where Marvel studios might fit in some story points that tie together the whole cinematic universe.  Agents of SHIELD is valuable to Marvel studios just from the standpoint of getting some of that exposition in that might weigh down a movie.

And regarding crossovers?  From the trailers it seems that SHIELD is a very significant element of Captain America - The Winter Soldier.  Will we see a more significant tie-in to the show with that movie?  I'm certainly hoping so.

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 03:21:55 PM »

Well it looks like I was partially right, they are doing a crossover with Thor. Jamie Alexander will reprise her role as Sif on an upcoming episode. http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/1/17/21783/the_lady_sif_set_to_drop_in_on_marvels_agents_of_shield.

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 06:06:15 PM »

So, looks like no new episode this week.

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 05:47:38 PM »

I seem to recall that there may have been some sort of storyline where SHIELD agents were replaced with android versions of the agents.  IIRC, they were called Life Model Decoys.  I suspect it's possible that Coulson may have really died, but has been replaced with a Life Model Decoy.
Yes, this was the story for the 12 issue mini series Nick Fury Vs SHIELD. While my idea is probably a little far fetched, I hope they don't go this route. It's too simple of a solution and so overused. I still haven't given up on the idea of cross promotion with Thor. You have a tv show starring a character that was in the first Thor film, so using the movie to promote the show couldn't hurt either.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 10:09:02 AM »

I seem to recall that there may have been some sort of storyline where SHIELD agents were replaced with android versions of the agents.  IIRC, they were called Life Model Decoys.  I suspect it's possible that Coulson may have really died, but has been replaced with a Life Model Decoy.

Others have speculated that his character may go on to become The Vision, but that might be a bit of a stretch.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 09:25:12 PM »

Haha, that's all the show has going for it right now. I'm not impressed so far, it's a slow start and other than agent colsen, the actings been horrible.
Yeah, it's been a mediocre show so far. Both Ming-Wa Wen and Clark Gregg need to improve their fighting skills. He threw one punch that was way t far away for it to connect nad looked bad. She's supposed to be this tough bad ass character, but looks like she doesn't know what she's doing in a fight. Plus I find it hard to believe that they would bring Skye in simply because she's a blank slate. Also with all the technology available to them, they can't trace/hack her phone?
 I have a theory on what happened to Coulson. Since they've had both Maria Hill and Fury on the show, I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the season they had at least one super hero (Cap, IM, Thor) on the show. Now in the first and third episode Coulson says he doesn't remember what happened after he was stabbed. He woke up in a hospital and then later spent time in Tahiti. The thing that gets me is both times he said Tahiti is a "Magical place." Now considering that Thor is the Avenger that is has magical based powers and he has a movie coming out, what if Thor rescued Coulson from Valhalla?

I was thinking more like they cloned him or something. Hoping for something interesting though like u said.

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 06:17:02 PM »

Haha, that's all the show has going for it right now. I'm not impressed so far, it's a slow start and other than agent colsen, the actings been horrible.
Yeah, it's been a mediocre show so far. Both Ming-Wa Wen and Clark Gregg need to improve their fighting skills. He threw one punch that was way t far away for it to connect nad looked bad. She's supposed to be this tough bad ass character, but looks like she doesn't know what she's doing in a fight. Plus I find it hard to believe that they would bring Skye in simply because she's a blank slate. Also with all the technology available to them, they can't trace/hack her phone?
 I have a theory on what happened to Coulson. Since they've had both Maria Hill and Fury on the show, I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the season they had at least one super hero (Cap, IM, Thor) on the show. Now in the first and third episode Coulson says he doesn't remember what happened after he was stabbed. He woke up in a hospital and then later spent time in Tahiti. The thing that gets me is both times he said Tahiti is a "Magical place." Now considering that Thor is the Avenger that is has magical based powers and he has a movie coming out, what if Thor rescued Coulson from Valhalla?

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 08:21:34 PM »

No, I meant it was a revealing episode....

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 06:12:01 AM »

No, I meant it was a revealing episode....

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 10:19:27 PM »

The guys in the silver suits and hoods instantly made me think of AIM.  And when it was revealed later in the episode that Scorch was another Extremis subject?  The AIM connection was right there.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 23 queries.