New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Agents of SHIELD  (Read 8892 times)

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
Re: Agents of SHIELD
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 09:39:02 PM »

Last nights episode was revealing.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: Agents of SHIELD
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 09:04:42 PM »

I've been waiting for this show since I heard about it earlier this year.  After the events of The Avengers I was a little surprised to see that Coulson survived.  But I'm glad that he did, since I thought that he brought something wry and funny to the mix.  Still, it looks as though his survival may have been more complicated than we were led to believe.

It's also interesting to see how SHIELD is tracking down stray tech related to the Chitauri, as well as this Extremis plot line.  Those are some things that are somewhat established, and bringing them into the mix gives the show a sense of continuity with the source material, like The Avengers and Iron Man 3.  But the centipede story seems to be a new wrinkle.

The cast is interesting so far.  Clearly, Clark Gregg has established something good in the first stage of Marvel movies.  Agent Ward is clearly in the role of Coulson's protégé.  Agent May seems to be getting set up as having some kind of complicated backstory.  As for Sky?  She seems to be "the project"/recruit.  On top of that, I was more than a little surprised to see Maria Hill featured in this first episode.  But again, it seems like continuity (and strong female cast members) is a big part of how Joss Whedon plans on making this show successful.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
Agents of SHIELD
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 06:44:06 PM »

I checked out the 1st episode.  It was decent.  I'll stick with it.  Not really watching any other shows at this point.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.