NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: BATTLEFRONT - 2015 Edition  (Read 5938 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: BATTLEFRONT - 2015 Edition
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 03:01:34 PM »

Some ROGUE ONE themed downloadable content will be coming in 2017.  Check out this Making Star Wars post about the Battlefront DLC for Scarif, where you will have the options of playing Director Krennic or Jyn Erso.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 04:22:12 PM »

Check out this news from EA about Battlefront.  Beginning this summer EA will be introducing an offline, single player version of the game.

What’s next for Star Wars™ Battlefront™ this Summer

New Offline Mode Coming Next Week, with the Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Expansion Pack set to be Fully Operational in September

It’s been about six months since we first launched Star Wars™ Battlefront™. We’ve expanded the game universe with free* multiplayer maps, gave out Hoth-themed hero outfits, and called on Jabba the Hutt to hand out Hutt Contracts for powerful weapons. For expansion pack owners, we’ve taken you to the factories of Sullust in the Outer Rim and to the Cloud City of Bespin. Now it’s time to share something a bit different.

To get right to the point, we’ve been listening to your feedback and your desire for more offline modes. Today we’re excited to officially announce a new mode, Skirmish, for all Star Wars Battlefront players.

The new mode will be available starting July 20 and offers players the option to play offline against bots in a solo mission or with a friend using co-op split screen. (Console only) Skirmish can be played on a difficulty level of your choosing and across two modes, Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron. With multiple locations that span the galaxy, from the frozen planet of Hoth to the lava encrusted planet of Sullust, we hope Skirmish brings players a new way to enjoy Star Wars Battlefront.

If an offline mode isn’t for you, we have more free* in-game events planned for the summer. Look forward to more Hutt Contracts for new weapons, log-in reward opportunities, and open trials to experience Bespin.

Then in September, Season Pass holders will receive our third digital expansion pack, Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star. More new maps – on ground and in space – new weapons and Star Cards and two new heroes including one larger-than-life character we know you've been patiently waiting for. Not a Season Pass holder? Don’t worry, the expansion pack is available for separate purchase.

We know you want to hear more. To get a sneak peak of the Death Star expansion pack, be sure to check out the EA Star Wars Panel livestream on Saturday, July 16 at 11 a.m. PDT during Star Wars Celebration Europe.

May the Force™ be with you!

Dennis Brannvall
Lead Designer
Star Wars Battlefront

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 02:47:37 PM »

Check out a promo video about the Outer Rim expansion here.

And while we're at it?  A new edition of Battlefront is reportedly coming in 2017.  Check out this posting for more.  From the article:

EA chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen confirmed that 2017 will see another Star Wars Battlefront game. Visceral’s game will likely be the title that drops in 2018, though the language around fiscal and calendar years makes that a bit unclear.

"We’ll most likely have one Star Wars title a year for the next three to four years," Jorgensen said. "Next year we’ll see Star Wars battlefront back with bigger and better worlds, because we now have the new movies to work off of, not just the historical movies that we used before. We also are working on a Star Wars action game that part of the Motive team is working on as well as part of the Visceral team and that’s most likely the following year."
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 02:51:46 PM by Nicklab »

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 03:05:59 PM »

EA has posted a Star Wars Battlefront: Battle of Jakku Gameplay Trailer.  It sets the stage somewhat for the state of Jakku as we're set to see in THE FORCE AWAKENS.

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • Gregorbian's Customs
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 11:30:09 AM »

I picked this up yesterday but only had time to play a few deathmatch games.  I'm curious but cautious about the vehicle battles. 

Overall, the gameplay is pretty good - tight controls and fast paced gunfights.  It's kind of annoying that you have to buy cards to equip secondary weapons like thermal detonators, but it does seem easy to accumulate the credits (at least for basic stuff).  I really enjoyed the first two Battlefront games and this hues closely to them, but with better controls.  It is definitely like a very basic and stripped down Call of Duty game with a Star Wars skin. 

I was getting slaughtered at first but started getting the hang of it in my later few games.  I have only used the basic/default blaster, but it's pretty versatile, at least for deathmatch games. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 10:39:43 AM »

So I started playing Battlefront last night.  Not as impressed as I thought I would be but its early yet.  I got the season pass for 50 bucks thinking it might help and thinking it would have more options for players to use however, I don't think they will be available right away.

Maybe I am getting old but the gameplay seems hard.  Its sort of call of duty style however, you can also battle in the air with x-wings and tie fighters which is pretty cool.  The more battles you participate in, kills you get etc. the more options you have to upgrade to other ships and characters.

Like most video games, looks like you will have to spend more money down the road to upgrade vehicles, maps and characters.   Well see.   Anyone else play this yet and have suggestions on how to play the game better?  I have gotten my ass kicked so far. 
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2015, 10:26:54 AM »

holy crap, no kidding.  I cant wait for this, have it on pre order.

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 08:08:40 AM »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Check out the NEW TRAILER FOR BATTLEFRONT, because this one looks amazing!

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 03:36:19 PM »

A new Battlefront video is now online, and it features actual gameplay footage.  The expression "WOW!" doesn't do it any justice.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2015, 01:44:29 PM »

Check out the new trailer for Battlefront:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwWLns7-xN8

The game is due out on November 17th!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 03:58:59 PM by Nicklab »

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 08:01:55 AM »

EA is expected to reveal the new edition of Star Wars Battlefront at Celebration Anaheim.  Check out this teaser from EA:

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 02:50:04 PM »

More details are beginning to emerge about the upcoming edition of BATTLEFRONT.  Notably, that some of the game may take place in scenes from THE FORCE AWAKENS.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 12:52:01 PM »

Here's another clip from the Hoth setting.  And it does look amazing!  The first trailer said to check back for more in 2015, so I would imagine that the game is due out later in 2015.  I don't know what the current console systems will be at that time, but I would think that the developers would be looking to offer this game for the current playstation and x-box systems.

I would hope PS4 gets it. Typically Xbox gets the star wars games though. 

***Update, found on Wiki -
Platform(s) Microsoft Windows[1]
PlayStation 4
Xbox One[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_(DICE)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 12:56:44 PM by Mandalorian »

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 11:43:59 PM »

Here's another clip from the Hoth setting.  And it does look amazing!  The first trailer said to check back for more in 2015, so I would imagine that the game is due out later in 2015.  I don't know what the current console systems will be at that time, but I would think that the developers would be looking to offer this game for the current playstation and x-box systems.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 07:30:06 PM »

Im gonna have to buy this. What's it going to be on? Xbox ps4 ?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries.

anything