New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2013/14Television Season - What are you watching?  (Read 1567 times)

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
Re: 2013/14Television Season - What are you watching?
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 02:59:04 AM »

Sharknado 2

It was even better than the 1st one.  Lots of cameos and they all looked so old and horrible.  At least 3 Star Wars references in there too.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 07:05:45 PM »

My new favorite show of this season is The Goldbergs. A sort of humorous version of the Wonder Years. It takes place in the 80's so I can relate more to the main character. He loves Star Wars (and often displays the toys), Goonies, Tron and even has the GI Joe USS Flagg toy in his bedroom. One episode actually dealt with him standing in line to see ROTJ.
I love this show too. So many reminders from when I was a kid. A must watch if u grew up in any part of the 80s
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

pakledjim

• Jedi Council
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 04:47:58 PM »

My new favorite show of this season is The Goldbergs. A sort of humorous version of the Wonder Years. It takes place in the 80's so I can relate more to the main character. He loves Star Wars (and often displays the toys), Goonies, Tron and even has the GI Joe USS Flagg toy in his bedroom. One episode actually dealt with him standing in line to see ROTJ.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 08:05:31 AM »

I watched True Detective the whole way through when it first aired.  And I was genuinely surprised by how strong it was.  I had never regarded Matthew McConaghey as being a great actor.  But after seeing his work in this series, my opinion of him has changed dramatically.  The show was very dark, but with a serious sense of reality.  You've got to hand it HBO for continuing to come up with dramatic series for an adult audience that challenges the viewer.

I understand that True Detective will be coming back in 2015.  But the new season will focus on a new crime and new detectives.  Which is good, because I don't know where you could go with Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaghey's characters after all they went through over the course of the first season.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
2013/14Television Season - What are you watching?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 08:17:50 AM »

True Detective (HBO)

I heard great things about this show.  It was very good, maybe not great.  It heats up in Episode 5 and finishes strong after a slow start.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 23 queries.

anything