NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: STAR WARS REBELS - Season 2  (Read 11750 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: STAR WARS REBELS - Season 2
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2017, 04:16:01 PM »

Dave Filoni released this yesterday on social media.  It details what was supposed to be an encounter between Ahsoka Tano and Bendu at the end of "The Mystery of Chopper Base".
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2016, 05:37:48 PM »

Entertainment Weekly filed this report about the upcoming REBELS Season 2 BluRay release.  And they notably focus on some Easter Eggs that are one of the highlights of the Bonus Features.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2016, 09:33:01 AM »

Check out this i09 piece that includes some responses from series director Dave Filoni about season 2 of REBELS.  Filoni touches on some great points including:

-The fine line of the duel between Ahsoka and Darth Vader
-The fate of the Inquisitors
-Ezra's tenuous path and dalliance with the Dark Side
-The return of Maul
-More on the backstory of the Grand Inquisitor
-How will REBELS work in conjunction with ROGUE ONE
-What's in store for Season 3

Falcon

• Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2016, 10:12:44 AM »

Very tense finale.  The helicopter thing was annoying.

SPOILERS AHEAD for those who've not watched yet.

I'm a little shocked that the creative team wimped out and let Ahsoka survive...there's a "blink and you'll miss it shot" of her walking out of the temple (they're even SELLING A SHIRT of said shot).  I'm just not sure if Ahsoka surviving is a testament to how powerful she is, or if they're marginalizing Vader's power. 

I definitely enjoyed Maul's return, and his subtle tempting of Ezra to the darkside was interesting, it showed just how quickly and innocently enough a well-meaning Jedi can be seduced; at the end of the episode you see Ezra opening the holocron on his own, clearly he's taken a step or two too far. Maul's quick work of the Inquisitors was great as well.  I wonder if we'll see more Inquisitors next season, or will Maul become the big bad.

All in all, even if you're not a Rebels fan, this episode serves as a nice epilogue to The Clone Wars series.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 10:21:35 AM by Falcon »
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2016, 09:24:15 AM »

But that bad penny gave us some amazing action last night!  Maul proved that he was far more than the feeble "Old Master" in short order.  I really like the way he started to teach Ezra the Sith Code.  That alone was one of the numerous story points that made it into this episode that I really appreciated.  The fact that they were on Malachor was a big deal, too.  Especially if you played the KOTOR games.

The one thing that drove me crazy?  The Inquisitors using their lightsabers to fly like helicopters.  That was just too much to swallow.  All of that aside?  The Inquisitors seemed like a big threat to Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka.  They also served to show just what novices Kanan and Ezra are in their Force powers.  When Ahsoka fought both the 5th Brother and 7th Sister, she showed just how powerful she was in comparison to them.  But the Inquisitors seem more evenly matched with our relatively untrained Jedi like Kanan and Ezra.  And when Maul took them on?  He completely outclassed the Inquisitors!

I have to say, when Vader turned up it got scary.  Because there seemed to be a whole new level of menacing darkness introduced to the situation.  I thought that Ezra might not make it out.  And it was even more concerning when Kanan got blinded.  But when Ahsoka faced off against Vader in the full knowledge of who he really was?  That was emotional.  I thought that this might be Ahsoka's end.  But seeing how we didn't really see that happen on screen?  Something tells me that she made it out somehow.

But now Ezra has that Sith holocron.  And that seems like it could open a whole new can of worms.

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2016, 04:45:13 PM »

That guy is like a bad penny.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2016, 10:39:11 AM »

Check out this exclusive clip at EW.com from the season 2 finale of STAR WARS REBELS.  Someone is back, and continues to be difficult to eliminate.

This season has seen some evolution of the Rebellion.  The Rebel cell that calls the Ghost home has ventured into a larger world, no longer bound to Lothal, and is part of a larger organization.  The inclusion of Rex and Ahsoka has tied the Clone Wars era to this new pre-ANH era of the Rebellion.  And it seems like Ahsoka may be bound to face her former Master. 

It does seem interesting that we now have THREE Jedi/Force users who are working together.  This is something I just could not have imagined a few years ago when this series got announced.  The idea of Jedi being on the run from the Empire seems compelling, but it also seems like we know the endgame.  I have to wonder what kind of future if any that there may be for Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 09:14:52 AM »

Excellent episode, without a doubt!  From beginning to end it was solid.  The duel with the Inquisitors was pretty intense.  And the revelations in the Jedi Temple on Lothal were major game changers in terms of developing Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka. 

I also like the continuity that's being explored from the movies as well as the CLONE WARS series.  Frank Oz was great as Yoda.  I was left wondering if he did it because it was a one-off, or what?  James Earl Jones voicing Vader is always impressive.  And bringing back Matt Lanter to voice Anakin was excellent, too.

One of the biggest reveals clearly came from Kanan's vision.  Ever since Dave Filoni said that we had seen the Grand Inquisitor in an episode of CLONE WARS, I had been wracking my brain trying to figure out where, when or who he was.  Was he one of the Force sensitive children kidnapped by Darth Sidious?  Was he perhaps one of the Utapauans who was featured in the incomplete episodes that were only realized as storyboards?  Or was he someone else?  The realization that he had been a Temple guard was a big deal.  There had been talk that some Jedi had gone to the Dark side following Order 66.  This confirms that story point.

And then there's the bit that goes WAY BACK to the events of the Knights Of The Old Republic games.  When Yoda tells Ezra to go find Malachor!  For those who didn't play the game, Malachor 5 was the final location of KOTOR 2, where the Jedi Outcast faced off against Darth Traya and Darth Sion.  IIRC, Malachor 5 was destroyed at the end of the game.  But the backstory for that system is incredibly forbidding.  And I have to wonder how this will play out in REBELS.

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 03:46:30 AM »

Some good cameos in last nights episode.

Falcon

• Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2016, 06:35:16 PM »

I finally watched The Honorable Ones and I have to wonder if we'll start to see Agent Kallus' loyalties shift away from the Empire. 

Also, I wonder what the Empire built there in the orbit of Geonosis??  ;)
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2016, 06:21:37 PM »

Check out this EW article about tonight's episode of Rebels .  They talk about Freddie Prinze Jr and his wife Sarah Michelle Gellar facing off as their characters on screen.  And there's another interesting tidbit about the appearance of Yoda in this episode.  It turns out that Frank Oz returned to play Yoda in tonight's episode!

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2016, 05:58:05 PM »

Many did not like this episode.

It was one of my favorites. First off I'm a sucka for legends and prophesies. Hondo was great. The music and cinematography reminded me of a space epic like 2001.

When Kanan and Ezra put their hands on Zeb to help the Ashla flow through him....great stuff.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 07:27:36 AM »

Last night's episode was interesting.  And it seems like we're going to be seeing a trend of episodes that explore the backgrounds of the members of the Ghost's crew.  Last week Sabine met up with some Mandalorians.  And this week Zeb encounters some fellow Lasat refugees.  And we already saw in the midseason trailer that Hera's father, Cham Syndulla, will also be making an appearance.

It was a little different to see The Force manifesting itself like it did in last night's show.  The Lasat mysticism, combined with The Force, and Zeb's Bo Rifle made for some things that we haven't really seen before.  It was also a bit enlightening to learn that Zeb had been a Captain of the Royal Guard of the Lasat, and he felt this burden over the near annihilation of his people.  Although it does seem that Zeb's character is very much changed now, since he now knows that he is not the last of the Lasat.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2016, 03:48:59 PM »

Dave Filoni had mentioned on social media that there was a lot of potential spoilers in the new trailer.  My own impression?  Wow!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 23 queries.

anything