NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: STAR WARS REBELS - Season 2  (Read 11758 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: STAR WARS REBELS - Season 2
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 05:00:01 AM »

Sam Witwer is voicing the Emperor now.

Seriously?  First Darth Maul, and now Emporer Palpatine?  Sam Witwer is going to be typecast voice acting Sith!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Falcon

• Jedi Council
  • Take care, Sir!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 03:08:16 PM »

Sam Witwer is voicing the Emperor now.
If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit!

Metaphors Be With You - Jedi English Teacher

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 10:11:30 AM »

Great trailer!  I'm genuinely surprised that it was about 2 minutes long and featured SO MUCH of Vader.  I always got the sense that the series was going to skirt the fringes of the Empire and that the Emporer and Vader would be dealt with in passing.  As for the voices of the Emporer and Vader?  The voices were DEAD ON!  I was left wondering if REBELS actually managed to get Ian McDiarmid and James Earl Jones on board for some voiceover work.  And Vader taking on those A-Wings in his personal TIE Fighter?  That was fantastic!

It also looks like there might be at least another Inquisitor in the mix.  Because there were a number of red lightsabers featured in that trailer.

The red lightsaber staff definitely caught my attention and got the wheels spinning.  I think that may be a hint at the return of Asajj Ventress.  Her storyline never got fully resolved at the end of CLONE WARS and she went underground.  The individual with that lightsaber staff didn't seem overly hostile to someone with a blue lightsaber in one shot, and also had a hat on that looked reminiscent of something the Night Sisters wore.

Overall, the tie-ins with CLONE WARS seem substantial.  We know Ahsoka is back in the mix.  Asajj Ventress may be a factor, too.  And now we're going to see Rex and some of the 501st Clone Troopers as well?  It leaves me wondering how Filoni and company will write around Order 66 and especially Anakin's use of the 501st in the sacking of the Jedi Temple.

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 03:32:34 PM »

Trailer for season 2 is out.

Looks half OT and half Clone Wars cartoon.  Lots of Vader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8GjpGK98A
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 08:44:36 AM »

More season 2 cast rumblings.  Voice actor Sam Witwer, who has previously played Galen Marek in The Force Unleashed and Darth Maul on CLONE WARS is reported to have been cast as Emporer Palpatine for Season 2 of STAR WARS - REBELS.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
STAR WARS REBELS - Season 2
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 09:27:20 AM »

The first season of STAR WARS REBELS is in the books.  Season 2 has been picked up and will premiere later in 2015, the exact date TBD.

The first headline for season 2?  Sarah Michelle Gellar will be joining the cast.  No details about her character at this time, but you have to think that her husband Freddie Prinze Jr, who plays Kanan, thought that she would be just PERFECT for a role on REBELS.

TEXT FROM THE ARTICLE:
Sarah Michelle Gellar has joined the voice cast for Star Wars Rebels’ second season.

The announcement was made at Disney Media’s sale and marketing presentations, though details on her role were not released. “We’re thrilled to have Sarah Michelle Gellar on board for season two,” executive producer Dave Filoni said. “She is a true Star Wars Rebels fan and her passion undoubtedly comes through in the voice recording sessions.”

The Buffy alum, whose voiceover roles have also included Robot Chicken and TMNT, joins a voice cast that includes her husband Freddie Prinze Jr., Vanessa Marshall, Steve Blum, Tiya Sircar, Taylor Gray and David Oyelowo.

The series, which takes place between the events of Star Wars Episodes III and IV, is expected to return later this year.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 23 queries.