New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FORCE FRIDAY - Your Experiences  (Read 1656 times)

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • Gregorbian's Customs
Re: FORCE FRIDAY - Your Experiences
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 09:23:27 AM »

I wasn't able to go to any midnight events due to work (I don't really do them anyway), but I was able to hit up the Target and Toys R Us at about 2 p.m. on Friday.  The stores were massacred.  I picked up a lego Jango Fett set.  When I got home I popped in to my local Target, Toys R Us, and Walmart, but didn't see anything worthwhile. I picked up a crappy 12" FO Stormtrooper just because, but that was it. 

I was lucky that I saw the Black Series 6" FO Stormtroopers on Amazon on Thursday night, so I ordered a couple of them and got them on Saturday.  That made the Force Friday Fiasco more palatable. 

Still haven't seen any restocks, but I'm hoping maybe tomorrow or Friday.  Quite frankly, I'm not even sure what I'm looking for other than a couple of the 6" Black Series figures. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 08:02:34 PM »

I skipped Midnight Madness.  I had to work at 6 AM that day, and some past experiences with Midnight Madness were a little crazy.  I remember this one guy who was a manager at some EBX or GameStop store who acted REALLY AGGRO, and it turned me off to the experience.  Plus, it had been my experience that lots of figures and toys would be available after the fact.

So I've been hitting a store here and there over the past three days.  Most of the stores were pretty well worked over.  A lot of the figures of main characters were gone.  The 6" figure line seems to be REALLY hot because I saw maybe a total of 4 or 5 of the 6" figures at some 9 or 10 stores.  And most of the Star Wars sections were an absolute mess!

What's worrying me?  Some of the exclusives.  That TRU exclusive 6" Snowtrooper Officer pre-sold out super fast.  And those WalMart exclusive Black Series 3.75" figures?  Oh, boy.  I'm holding out for the good versions of Kylo Ren, Poe, Finn and Rey from that line, but I'm getting worried that they're going to be VHTF.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Aurrasing666

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • " Why So Serious?... "
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 06:43:56 PM »

My brother, Nick (ceedrus) and I went to the TRU in Rockaway for the midnight opening, It was a Charlie Foxtrot!  we barely were able to get our hands on some of the figures etc.  They were poorly organized and barely had any product, I'm pretty sure a lot of people ended up leaving empty handed.  We were able to go to target the next morning when they opened and pretty much had our pick of everything so we were able to get everything we needed!
All Scalpers Must Die!! I poop on scalper scum !!

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 06:29:28 PM »

It was all such a blur.  I think I killed a man with my bare hands, but I can't be sure.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 03:48:27 PM »

My midnight experience is like most.  Didnt score much at all because lack of products.  I was able to score most next morning.  Struck out at Disney or their exclusives.  But I am happy that I was able to share the experiences with both my kids.

Will be fun next few months hitting stores again to look for SW products

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
FORCE FRIDAY - Your Experiences
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 09:48:01 AM »

FORCE FRIDAY has come and gone, but with the long holiday weekend this experience is stretching into an almost 4 day bonanza of collecting activity.  There were of course the Midnight Madness events on September 4th.  But we've also seen a flurry of news from Hasbro, retailers and other licensees.

What has your experience been like so far?  Were you able to find what you wanted?  What are your impressions of how retailers are handling this big promotional event?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 21 queries.