New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2016 WALMART EXCLUSIVES - Discussion  (Read 1491 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: 2016 WALMART EXCLUSIVES - Discussion
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 09:52:08 AM »

Han definitely looks better.  There has been some speculation about these figures circulating because the source of the images was a Hong Kong eBay seller.  A lot of times these guys get their hands on factory seconds that wouldn't pass the final QC check, and they don't get packaged for eventual distribution to retail.  I'm hoping that's the case here, because the facial portrait on Leia looks pretty awful.

I was also left wondering why Hasbro and WalMart decided to go with the D'Qar formal gown for Leia.  Certainly, the scene where Leia is in that costume is pretty heavy.  But the bulk of her important scenes in THE FORCE AWAKENS are done in the military Resistance uniform.  Is that version on the way in the 5 POA line?  Hasbro has said that a TFA Leia (and Luke) were on the way, but not which versions.  I would suspect that Leia in her General's uniform will be a part of the 5 POA line in the near future.  And that probably steered the decision to make an alternate version of Leia for the WalMart exclusive 3.75" Black Series line.

As for Han?  I know a lot of people were hoping for an SA version of Han in his regular TFA costume.  But in this case, I think Hasbro chose to go with the cold weather Starkiller base outfit because it was different from the standard outfit.  And that standard version of Han Solo has only been available in the 5 POA figure line for about 2 months, right?  The decision to go with the Starkiller base outfit seems like an effort to not hurt sales of the 5 POA figure.  And then probably 6 or 9  months down the line or so, we'll get an SA version of Han Solo in the brown leather jacket.

So what's the third figure?  More images popped up that show a black and yellow R5 unit along with the newer images of Han and Leia.  But that initial wave of images showed Captain Phasma.  And the cryptic WalMart listings had a "Villain Trooper Commander" listed.  So I'm pretty sure the third figure in the wave is Captain Phasma.  As for that R5 unit?  There's been some speculation that it's a possible Disney parks exclusive.  I guess we just have to wait and see.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
Re: 2016 WALMART EXCLUSIVES - Discussion
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 09:18:18 AM »

Check out some more images of the new 3.75" Black Series figures IN THIS YAKFACE POSTING.  They have new images of Starkiller Base Han Solo, General Leia - D'Qar and a new R5 astromech unit.

geez, I don't know which is worse, Han or Leia.  They look bad enough in the movie, they had to make their likeness even worse?  Leia looks cross eyed!
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
2016 WALMART EXCLUSIVES - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 12:47:07 PM »

This BanthaSkull post shows a number of possible figures that might be part of the WalMart exclusive 3.75" Black Series.  The biggest correlation appears to be the price point, which is identical to the first wave of 3.75" Black Series figures that are already in stores.  And the descriptions of most indicate characters that were not mentioned in the initial press release from Hasbro:

- SW E4 HAN SOLO - $12.93
- SW E7 BL VILLAIN TROOPER COMMANDER - $12.93
- SW E7 BL SECONDARY HERO FIGHTER - $12.93
- SW E7 BL SIDEKICK BATTLER BLUE - $12.93
- SW E7 POE DAMERON - $12.93
- SW E7 FINN JAKKU - $12.93
- SW E7 REY JAKKU - $12.93

We have an update!  Check out THIS YAKFACE POSTING which shows what appears to be the 4th wave of WalMart exclusive 3.75" Black Series figures.  The lineup includes:

-Captain Phasma
-Han Solo (Starkiller Base)
-General Leia Organa (D'Qar - Mourning Dress)

More photos from THIS RS FORUMS USER, which reportedly came from a Hong Kong based eBay seller.

A lot of people have thought that Captain Phasma would be coming in the WalMart exclusive Black Series.  So what do you all make of that news, along with Starkiller Base Han Solo and D'Qar mourning gown Leia as the other two new figures in the series?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 12:49:54 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 23 queries.

anything