New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X-Men: Apocalypse  (Read 780 times)

pakledjim

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
Re: X-Men: Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 02:49:34 PM »

I agree with you to some extent, but adding Magneto and Storm to the 4 Horsemen in the film made sense. Apocalypse said he wants the most powerful mutants so Storm and Magneto would make sense, however Angel/Archangel didn't make sense. It was better than X-Men 3, but I think even Bryan Singer knew that it wasn't that great. In one scene the kids go to the movies to see "Return of the Jedi". As they were leaving one of them comment how the movie wasn't that good to which another replied "Yeah, why does the third movie always suck?" or something similar to that.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: X-Men: Apocalypse
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 09:03:52 AM »

I think that the pieces were there to make a good film.  But from all of the reviews it seemed like Bryan Singer may have tried to jam too many things into this film.

I still remember some of the comic story arcs involving Apocalypse from the 90's, like when he was introduced in the X-Factor title.  That made for some compelling comic storylines, including the one involving the evolution of Angel into Archangel.  But trying to make some pretty well established Mutants like Magneto, Psylocke and Storm into the other Horsemen just seemed like shoehorning to me.

I think you can tell I didn't go to see this one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

pakledjim

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
X-Men: Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 02:56:57 PM »

Just saw the movie last night. I liked it, so far the 3 First Class films have been pretty good. I was never a fan of Apocalypse but he was okay in the film. I actually liked the parts that involved Prof X and the students as opposed to the major villain story.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 23 queries.