New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diorama Sets & Parts  (Read 1416 times)

Gregorbian

• Jedi Council
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • Gregorbian's Customs
Re: Diorama Sets & Parts
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 10:08:44 AM »

Very cool stuff!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 09:56:48 AM »

wow, this is great, always wanted a sail barge, this is a game changer. 

Wow.  Third party stuff just keeps on getting more interesting.  Sail barge anyone?
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 08:33:30 AM »

Wow.  Third party stuff just keeps on getting more interesting.  Sail barge anyone?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 07:54:24 AM »

These may not fall under diorama pieces, but this site does have a number of items that may come in handy for displaying your collection:

http://www.collectingwarehouse.com/

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 09:10:01 AM »

OMG!  The guys at Twelfth Parsec have come up with their new "Space Base".

This thing looks pretty awesome!

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 06:46:36 PM »

Another custom scene/diorama shop has popped up.  This one seems to be focusing on 1/12th scale (for the 6" figures) parts.  And that site is called GALACTIC TRADING POST.

Mandalorian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 03:59:58 PM »

With 3D printing and resin casting becoming more common, it seems that collectors are starting to fill some of the vacuum that's been left in the realm of playsets by making their own.  A couple of online stores have popped up that I have taken notice of that may be of interest to those who want some diorama or playset pieces that just didn't seem like they were going to be possible via the traditional Hasbro avenues.

TWELFTH PARSEC - http://twelfthparsec.miiduu.com/
These guys have a couple of sets that harken to two notable settings.  Their "Space Tree" sets are straight out of Endor, and look like they're designed to be expanded upon so that collectors can create their very own Forest Moon.

And their Desert Duo sets are dead ringers for that wretched hive of scum and villainy, the Mos Eisley cantina.  They offer up booths, chairs and even some electronics.  These sets aren't exactly cheap, but they offer an amazing level of detail.

Hole In The Ground Pro - http://www.holeinthegroundpro.com/dioramas.html
This site has some more diverse offerings.  They've got some Cantina style pieces like 12th Parsec.  But they also have some Imperial environments along with some that are amazing reproductions of the Tantive IV interior from A NEW HOPE

Some other things that make them a little different?  They've come up with some transports, like the Rebel hangar transport from TESB and a pod craft that you see in ANH.

So has anyone bought anything from either site?  I'm interested in getting some firsthand feedback about both sites.

Very cool sites.  I have been debating for a while now on getting a 3d printer to try stuff like this.  Obviously they are extremely expensive though and hard to justify getting one just for dioramas.  I have so many incomplete sets though that I have wanted to finish that these sites might come in handy. 
"He's no good to me dead"-Boba Fett, ESB

"This is no cave!" Han, ESB

In whiny sounding voice "But I was going to the Tashi station to get some power converters....."  Luke, ANH

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Diorama Sets & Parts
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 12:57:28 PM »

With 3D printing and resin casting becoming more common, it seems that collectors are starting to fill some of the vacuum that's been left in the realm of playsets by making their own.  A couple of online stores have popped up that I have taken notice of that may be of interest to those who want some diorama or playset pieces that just didn't seem like they were going to be possible via the traditional Hasbro avenues.

TWELFTH PARSEC - http://twelfthparsec.miiduu.com/
These guys have a couple of sets that harken to two notable settings.  Their "Space Tree" sets are straight out of Endor, and look like they're designed to be expanded upon so that collectors can create their very own Forest Moon.

And their Desert Duo sets are dead ringers for that wretched hive of scum and villainy, the Mos Eisley cantina.  They offer up booths, chairs and even some electronics.  These sets aren't exactly cheap, but they offer an amazing level of detail.

Hole In The Ground Pro - http://www.holeinthegroundpro.com/dioramas.html
This site has some more diverse offerings.  They've got some Cantina style pieces like 12th Parsec.  But they also have some Imperial environments along with some that are amazing reproductions of the Tantive IV interior from A NEW HOPE

Some other things that make them a little different?  They've come up with some transports, like the Rebel hangar transport from TESB and a pod craft that you see in ANH.

So has anyone bought anything from either site?  I'm interested in getting some firsthand feedback about both sites.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 22 queries.