New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mythic Legions by the Four Horsemen  (Read 1682 times)

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • Gregorbian's Customs
Re: Mythic Legions by the Four Horsemen
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 10:30:25 AM »

I'm not sure if anybody is in to these Mythic Legions figures, but they just launched their Mythic Legions 2.0 Kickstarter.  It was fully funded within 16 hours or something.  They are well on their way to unlocking multiple stretch goals.

Here is the link: Mythic Legions 2.0 Kickstarter

The 2.0 line is focused more on female characters and elves/vampires (using a more slender male base body).  Unfortunately, the 1.0 body parts and the 2.0 body parts are apparently not compatible, so no helmet swapping without modifications. 
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
    • Gregorbian's Customs
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 10:06:49 AM »

Here are some customs I've been working on for my Mythic Legions figures:

Left to right: Custom Chaos Champion (Marvel Legends BAF Absorbing Man); Mythic Legions Bothar Shadowhorn; Custom Chaos Champion II (Neca Kratos God of War); Mythic Legions Blood Knight; 3x Warcraft Lothar with custom knight helmet; MOTUC Lord Masque; Warcraft Lothar with custom knight helmet

Custom Bloodreavers/barbarians - Marvel Legends Kraven the Hunter with Onslaught/Magneto helmet

WIP Shot:

(Left is Marvel Legends BAF Absorbing Man, Right is NECA Kratos God of War)

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
    • Gregorbian's Customs
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 12:51:44 PM »

Not sure if anybody's buying these guys, but the pre-order window for wave 1.75 and the "All-Stars" wave closes tomorrow. 

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
    • Gregorbian's Customs
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 12:30:18 PM »

Took a few of my Mythic Legions figures out for a photoshoot:

Blood Knight and his Skeleton retinue

Bones!

Blood Knight vs. Gold Knight

Bothar Shadowhorn

Bothar and Bronze Dwarves

These figures are so much fun!

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 05:12:20 PM »

Amazing sculpts!  And very much reminiscent of that vintage D&D line of figures from the 80's.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
    • Gregorbian's Customs
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 07:58:56 AM »

Looks like they put up the new pre-order a bit early because they will be at SDCC.

Wave 1.75 "Covenant of the Shadow" wave:

Pretty cool repaints of existing figures.  I picked up a few of the Templar Knight army builder figures ($22 each!) and the Black Knight.

They also have an "All-Stars" reissue wave of 6 popular and sold-out figures:

Some of the more popular figures that were popping up on eBay for insane prices have been reissued.  I picked up Sir Gideon Heavensbrand (similar to the knight figure from LJN's Dungeons and Dragons line from the early '80's).  These figures were $35 each, with the Barbarian Builder set being $52.00.

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
    • Gregorbian's Customs
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 03:15:57 PM »

That was fast!  I received part of my first order from StoreHorsemen.com.  I received 1x Silver Knight army builder, 1x Gold Knight Army Builder, and 1x Blood Knight. 

The army builders are great.  When I initially purchased them last year, they were $18.00 each, which is a bargain (as I said before, I think this was wholesale price, but was actually lower than I remembered).  The army builders come with a nice number of accessories (shield, shoulder pads, swords, spear) but have fewer paint apps than the regular figures.  Perfect for army building!

The Blood Knight (pictured in original post) has some great paint apps.  There is a wash that brings out all of the intricate detailing in the armor; also, he looks like his armor is completely coated in dried blood.

Unfortunately, the rest of my initial Order was back-ordered - I had ordered a couple of the Skeleton army builder figures but they had apparently underordered them from the factory.  They should be coming in later this summer. 

Gregorbian

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
    • Gregorbian's Customs
Mythic Legions by the Four Horsemen
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 01:31:01 PM »

Mythic Legions Main Page

Store Horsemen Main Page

Anybody here collecting this line of figures by Mythic Legions?  It's an original concept line that focuses on mythological/fantasy characters/creatures in the 6" - 7" scale.  There are knights, skeletons, dwarves, orcs, goblins, minotaurs, trolls, and more.  These figures were initially offered through Kickstarter a couple of years ago and have been shipping out over the past few months (for Kickstarter backers).  They were offered for limited sale last May (2015) and then again a couple of times this year.  Those non-Kickstarter orders are apparently being processed for shipping now. All of the figures on the StoreHorsemen web site are, unfortunately but unsurprisingly, sold out.

There will be future releases ("Wave 1.75") on July 20th.  I am only aware of the figures being carried by BigBadToyStore.com Mythic Legions on BBTS, but the retail price is significantly higher than the original prices on StoreHorsemen (ex. "army builder" figures were $19.99 to $21.99 initially, but retail is $39.99).  Basically, if you were able to order directly from StoreHorsemen, you were able to buy the figures at, essentially, wholesale prices. 

I'm still waiting for my StoreHorsemen Order to be processed since I missed out on the Kickstarter, but I ordered a set of Dwarves (1x Dwarf Character and 2x Dwarf army builders) from BBTS and received them today.  They are amazing!  The sculpting and articulation are top notch, as is the paint application.  I really like the aesthetic of the figures.  The paint details are crisp and intricate.  The figures could use a wash to further bring out the details, but they look amazing as is.

The parts of the figures are interchangeable and easy to detach/replace.  Each figure comes with a bunch of additional weapons (swords, axes, shields) and armor (shoulder armor, belt/harness).  The extra pieces pop on and off easily (ex. the axes for my dwarves have the option of popping on a second blade to make a double-bladed axe, or you can leave it with a single blade). 

The coolest part about this line, aside from the versatility and depth, are the nods and references to other fantasy lines.  For example, there are a couple figures based on the old Dungeons and Dragons line of figures from the early '80's (such as one of the greatest figures of all time, Warduke).  They also reference Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer character (a figure I've been waiting years to have). 

It is my understanding Four Horsemen will be releasing a "2.0" wave on Kickstarter this fall (September?), which I hope to take part in.

Another awesome point - these guys are from New Jersey!

Some pics (not mine):
Sir Gideon Heavensbrand (based on the LJN Dungeons and Dragons line; visor is movable and comes with alternate helmet)

Gorgo Aetherblade

Standard Skeleton Army Builder

Sir Owain

Barbarian Builder Pack (Death Dealer, Warduke!)

Blood Knight

Bothar Shadowhorn (this is the guy I got from BBTS - he is awesome)

I can't wait to get the rest of my order in!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 02:00:22 PM by Gregorbian »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 22 queries.

anything