New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCU - Spiderman - Homecoming  (Read 449 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: MCU - Spiderman - Homecoming
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »

I saw this last week.  And I definitely liked it!  Telling the story from the standpoint of a teenage Spider-Man was refreshing.  The fact that we didn't have to retread the origin story was nice, too.  Tom Holland definitely has a feel for who Peter Parker is.

I have mixed feelings about the inclusion of Iron Man in the story.  I like how Happy Hogan got characterized.  But I like how the suit was a bit more high tech and incorporated a bunch of the gadgets we had seen Spidey use over the years.

I think the Vulture and Shocker were good choices considering how they were portrayed.  Going back to one of the Marvel shorts, it seemed that cleaning up after the Chitauri attack on New York might have some after-effects in terms of people trying to use the technology for their own purposes.  Enter the Vulture, who saw it as a way to make money!  As for the end credits scene?  It looks like Sony/Marvel might be trying to put a Sinister Six project together that includes the Vulture and possible the Scorpion.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

pakledjim

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
Re: MCU - Spiderman - Homecoming
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 01:39:46 PM »

Agree with you on this. I liked it, much better than the last 4 Spider-Man films. Some things I didn't like (young Aunt May) and what happened at the end, but it was a different take on the character that worked.

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
MCU - Spiderman - Homecoming
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 07:03:05 PM »

Spider-Man Homecoming

Solid movie, lots of humor.  The Vulture and his gang were a bit far-fetched.  I liked how they started with the original theme song.  I assume that was the Scorpion at the very end.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.