NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2017 6" scale Landspeeder  (Read 666 times)

Aurrasing666

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • " Why So Serious?... "
Re: 2017 6" scale Landspeeder
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 08:28:46 AM »

Same here, I rec'd my SDCC Luke literally the day after I ordered it! I was shocked!! lol  The packaging on the SDCC version is amazing, I love it!  I haven't opened the standard issue one yet but I will soon !
All Scalpers Must Die!! I poop on scalper scum !!

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 09:28:00 AM »

I plan on keeping the SDCC exclusive in the box but personally I don't really think the cost difference was worth it after opening the regular version. At least when they released Boba Fett you got Han in Carbonite and when you got Jabba they added Salacious and accessories. This time you got a nicer box but not really anything you had to have. How many times will collectors use spinning turbines.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 07:09:51 PM »

My SDCC exclusive Landspeeder arrived yesterday.  And frankly, I was shocked!  I ordered it on Friday morning and it arrived Saturday afternoon?  Excellent job handling these orders, HTS.  And the packaging was well done, too.  On top of all that, the coupon in each box is a very nice touch.

The packaging is tremendous.  It really shows off the landspeeder in a great light.  Since I am still working on organizing my collecting room, I really don't know when I'm going to be able to open this up.  But the details look awesome and I think it's a great addition to the line.  Now while I'm aware of the differences between the exclusive version and the general release, I'm having a tough time being a completist about getting the regular version.  Especially at $60.

As for the 6" vehicles in general?  I know that Hasbro was swinging for the fences when they tried offering that TIE Fighter, but I think it might have just been too big for the 6" figure vehicle line.  But the landspeeder seems far more manageable and ready for display on a shelf.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
2017 6" scale Landspeeder
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 08:40:40 AM »

I received my SDCC exclusive version and also picked up the regular version and I don't really note any differences in wear or battle damage applied to the speeder. To me the only real difference is the soft goods and the spinning turbines and neither of those really make that much difference to me. The big difference is the packaging. They did a really good job on how sturdy the packaging is for the exclusive version. I also noted that the paint job on the hair of the Luke figure is slightly different. My SDCC version doesn't have quite as much contrast or weathering as the regular release. Not sure if anyone else noted this. All in all I think it's a great vehicle and it is a nice way to display Luke, Obi, and the droids.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 23 queries.