NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Lord of the Rings (Amazon Prime)  (Read 424 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: The Lord of the Rings (Amazon Prime)
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 07:40:31 AM »

Here's a detail that probably played into the recent developments about a Warner Brothers/Amazon partnership for this LOTR series:  J.R.R. Tolkien's Son Resigns as Director of Tolkien Estate, Ending Decades of Tightly Controlled Adaptations

I've also been hearing more about this new series, and that it may explore some of the broader lore of Middle Earth.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
The Lord of the Rings (Amazon Prime)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 09:08:37 AM »

It seems like only a short while since Peter Jackson's monumental film trilogy adaptation of The Lord Of The Rings came to theaters.  But then I looked at the dates:  Fellowship Of The Ring was released in 2001, and the followup films were released in 2002 and 2003.

But now there's word of a television reboot, and it's in development for release on the Amazon Prime streaming tv platform.  Read more about the news in this article.

So what do you think of this news?  My introduction to Middle Earth originally came from the animated film for "The Hobbit", but I took the deep dive by way of the Peter Jackson films.  I got the sense that many fans were pleased with the treatment of the source material in the Peter Jackson movies, but some things got cut in order to keep the story focused.  Will the series take an even deeper dive into the very deep mythology of Middle Earth that was crafted by J.R.R. Tolkien?  I have to say that I'm a little skeptical.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 23 queries.