New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SOLO - Hasbro Toy Line General News - 2018  (Read 615 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: SOLO - Hasbro Toy Line General News - 2018
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2018, 09:11:21 AM »

Check out some official images!

First look at Hasbro's new toys for Solo: A Star Wars Story

A new movie is racing toward us from a galaxy far, far away, which means fans will need to clear more shelf space. Here’s EW’s exclusive preview of Hasbro’s Solo: A Star Wars Story collection ahead of New York’s Toy Fair

There’s a new (old) version of a familiar starship emerging from this movie. The Kessel Run Millennium Falcon includes a young Han Solo action figure — along with clues about why the Falcon looks so sleek and different, just a few years before the events of the original Star Wars. (Retail price: $99)

Break-Away Panels

From Hasbro: "Press the button to pretend that the iconic starship kicks in to hyperdrive with lights and sounds. Press the button a second time for accelerated lights and sounds as well as activate the rumble pack vibrations! Push the button a third time to pretend that your ship picks up even more speed and watch the panels pop off before rumbling to the finish line."

Young Han

Here's the 3.75-inch young Han Solo figure included with the ship, sculpted to resemble actor Alden Ehrenreich. We don't yet have a full explanation of what's in that dual cannister he's carrying. Contraband of some sort, no doubt.

Hiding Spots

There's a captain's quarters in the back, along with a storage room, tucked below two other panels. But most interesting to fans is why the nose of the Falcon is narrower and tapered instead of the familiar forked design.

Ralph McQuarrie-inspired look

This "new car" version of the Falcon reflects its ownership (at this point in history) by Lando Calrissian, whose action figure hasn't been revealed yet. The Star Wars Show revealed that the look was inspired by the original trilogy's legendary concept artist Ralph McQuarrie.

Mini-Ship

Slight spoiler here: Are those cannons canon? Sometimes the toys include bonus blasters, but the nost of this toys appears to have weapons that swing out from the front. And the nose clearly pulls out into a separate, smaller ship. That's similar to The Ghost starship from the animated Star Wars: Rebels. But what happens to this section of the falcon in Solo?

Force Link 2.0

With The Last Jedi, Hasbro introduced this device, which generates sounds based on the individual character or vehicle. This Solo version includes another new young Han figure (see next slide) and can generate audio for the figure and the mini-ship that accompany the Falcon. (Retail: $29.99)

Han Solo

This is the Alden Ehrenreich-styled version of young Han Solo that comes with the Force Link 2.0 starter pack. The wristwatch-like speaker creates sounds not only for this toy, but for the other action figures as well.

Qi'ra

Emilia Clarke's mystery woman Qi'ra is another new action figure. This version is the younger version of the character, during her speeder-racing days with Han on the industrial world of Corellia. (Retail for all individual Solo figures is $7.99.)

New Chewbacca

Chewbacca doesn't change much. He's hundreds of years old, and just middle aged for a Wookiee, so the whole Star Wars series plays out as only a small chapter of his life. In Solo, as with this Hasbro toy, he does have a fancier bandolier with an extra shoulder strap.

K-2SO

Kaytoo from Rogue One could technically make an appearance in Solo, given the intersecting chronology, but Hasbro says they're only re-releasing this figure because it now comes enabled with audio tech for the Force Link band.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:25:48 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 09:30:34 AM »

Some SOLO line Hasbro images have popped up via social media.  They're reportedly from the German Toy Fair.  Not posting here in an attempt to not have Disney take the site down.

Most of the pictures appear to be of the 12" figures.  But there's also a 3.75" figure 2-pack that features Lando Calrissian & a Kessel Guard.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 03:15:59 PM »

Check out THIS YAKFACE REPORT about vehicles for the SOLO line.  This one seems to be about CLASS B vehicles.  That assortment is reportedly going to include a reissue of the TLJ A-wing fighter, and a Landspeeder from SOLO.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 09:38:29 AM »

Yakface has posted UPC and DPCI information for the SOLO line "flagship" vehicle.  No doubt, this will be the SOLO version of the Falcon.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 06:46:57 PM »

Here is some more info from Yakface about coded items from the SOLO line.  These include:

SWU S2 VEHICLES CLASS A

Nemesis Chariot and Nemesis
UPC: 630509616084
DPCI: 087-06-6980
WM SKU: 883521046

Hoth Wampa and Luke
UPC: 630509616107
DPCI: 087-06-6981
WM SKU: 520860270

Rathtar & Balatik (WHY!?)
UPC: 630509616169
DPCI: 087-06-6982
WM SKU: 246469635

SWU Hero Series S2 Deluxe Action Figure

“Nemesis”
UPC: 630509614059
DPCI: 087-06-5212

“Athena” (Qi’Ra)
UPC: 630509614066
DPCI: 087-06-5213

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 05:37:54 AM »

Yakface keeps knocking it out of the park with their intel on the SOLO toy line.  This time it's UPC's and SKU numbers for SOLO Force Link figure 2-packs:

SWU S2 Hermes and Perseus Guard  (Hermes is *ALLEGEDLY* the code for Lando Calrissian.  Perseus Guard is TBD)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 09:36:16 AM »

More info from Yakface regarding the Han Solo line.  This time it's about the 6" Black Series line:

WAVE 16 Case assortment:
2 x Han Solo
2 x Imperial Range Trooper
1 x Captain Lando Calrissian
1 x Grand Moff Tarkin
1 x Death Squad Commander (40AC repack)
1 x Jawa (40AC repack)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 09:53:01 PM »

Yakface has more product listings from the SOLO line.  These are UPCs and SKU numbers for 3 different sets of Force Link figure 2-packs.  There are no names assigned to these sets at this time.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 08:59:24 AM »

Yakface.com has uncovered more product listings for the SOLO - A STAR WARS STORY toy line.  And they seem to have cracked a code in the process:

Update: According to Amazon, “Hercules” is Han Solo, “Vesta Guard” is a Range Trooper and the “Vesta Trooper” is a Stormtrooper

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
SOLO - Hasbro Toy Line General News - 2018
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 08:47:52 AM »

Check out THIS REPORT FROM YAKFACE about some items that may be slated for the SOLO toy line, which appears to be set to launch in April, 2018.  They mention a Force Link set as well as a "flagship" type release, which could be code for a certain Corellian YT model freighter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 22 queries.

anything