NJSWCC

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Phantom Menace - Special Edition?  (Read 2927 times)

Darth Monkey

• Jedi Council
  • Fool!
    • Darth Monkey on Myspace
Re: The Phantom Menace - Special Edition?
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 01:16:45 PM »

And it looks like I just learned something from the last post - I don't think I knew that Ki-Adi-Mundi wasn't a Master in the first one.  Oooo...

They never explicitly said it in the movie, which is probably why Lucas figured no one would care.  But if you read things like the Visual Dictionary and other literature or collectibles that were produced during the period between TPM and AOTC, there are several sources that explicitly say that he's the only Jedi Knight on the council.  I'm not a big fan of EU, but between the Visual Dictionary and the old SW: CCG by Decipher, there was enough documentation out there.

That's a relatively minor quibble.  I'd like them to go back and give all of the Jedi the lightsaber colors they had BEFORE AOTC when Lucas decided that Mace Windu is the ONLY Jedi with a lightsaber blade that's not green or blue.

pvwojciak

• Jedi Master
  • "Only a Sith deals in absolutes."
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 11:41:00 AM »

Hmm, I'm in the same camp on most of these...

- at the very least, cut a bunch of the Jar Jar "one-liners" ("exsqueeze me" "pee-usa" are prime candidates) and he doesn't really need to stumble or trip on something every time he's on-screen.
- same deal with Anakin - cut out all the "yippees" and the "whoaaaa" little lines
- fix the Neimoidians voices - for some reason, they don't sound like they're the Japanese guys in a Godzilla movie by Episode III.  Fix that in Episode I.

And it looks like I just learned something from the last post - I don't think I knew that Ki-Adi-Mundi wasn't a Master in the first one.  Oooo...

Darth Monkey

• Jedi Council
  • Fool!
    • Darth Monkey on Myspace
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 01:53:01 PM »

Could this mean that a Special Edition of Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace could be in the works?  If so, what other changes would you be interested in seeing?

Hmmm...

Completely removing Jar Jar Binks and, for that matter, every single Gungan?

Aging Anakin by at least 5-10 years and replacing him with a better actor than Jake Lloyd?

Making Ki-Adi Mundi a Jedi Master from the get-go so that when Anakin says in ROTS, "How can you be on the Council and not be a Master?" it makes more sense without retconning while in the middle of the trilogy?

Make the Neimoidians seem more dangerous?

Add more scenes with Aurra Sing?

Have Darth Maul kill a few Jedi before he goes up against Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan?

Give everyone better dialogue?

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
The Phantom Menace - Special Edition?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 01:16:01 PM »

I've been seeing some reports from people who have attended the Star Wars - In Concert events.  And if you've been checking out the STAR WARS IN CONCERT thread, you're aware that the live symphony orchestra is playing in sync with montage sequences of the movies.

People are saying that in some of the EPISODE I sequences, the Yoda puppet has been replaced by a CG Yoda.

WHAT?!?!?!

Could this mean that a Special Edition of Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace could be in the works?  If so, what other changes would you be interested in seeing?

DISCUSS!!!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 24 queries.

anything