New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lucasfilm Announces A New Trilogy, to be produced by Rian Johnson  (Read 466 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: Lucasfilm Announces A New Trilogy
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 05:49:48 AM »

During the press junket for THE LAST JEDI, director Rian Johnson has also been fielding questions about the new trilogy that he's been signed to write and produce.  And indications are that it's not going to be an Old Republic type of story.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Lucasfilm Announces A New Trilogy, to be produced by Rian Johnson
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 09:28:18 PM »

Check out the news on The Official Site.  Lucasfilm has announced a new trilogy of films that will be created by THE LAST JEDI writer/director Rian Johnson.

Rian Johnson, Writer-Director of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, to Create All-New Star Wars Trilogy

For director Rian Johnson, Star Wars: The Last Jedi was just the beginning of his journey in a galaxy far, far away.

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Johnson will create a brand-new Star Wars trilogy, the first of which he is also set to write and direct, with longtime collaborator Ram Bergman onboard to produce.

As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud. In shepherding this new trilogy, which is separate from the episodic Skywalker saga, Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored.

“We all loved working with Rian on The Last Jedi,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “He’s a creative force, and watching him craft The Last Jedi from start to finish was one of the great joys of my career. Rian will do amazing things with the blank canvas of this new trilogy.”

“We had the time of our lives collaborating with Lucasfilm and Disney on The Last Jedi,” Johnson and Bergman said in a joint statement. “Star Wars is the greatest modern mythology and we feel very lucky to have contributed to it. We can’t wait to continue with this new series of films.”

Johnson’s upcoming Star Wars: The Last Jedi arrives in U.S. theaters on Dec. 15, 2017.

No release dates have been set for the new films, and no porgs were available for comment.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 03:14:37 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 23 queries.