New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome To The New Jersey Star Wars Collector's Club

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toy Fair 2018 - DISCUSSION  (Read 257 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: Toy Fair 2018 - DISCUSSION
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 08:41:12 AM »

There really is a lot to digest here.

-6" BLACK SERIES - Hasbro seems to be touching on most of the core characters from SOLO along with some troopers, but I also see that they're holding back some things.  They seem to be ticking off all of the TESB bounty hunters which is welcome.  I also like the Hoth Leia along with Vice Admiral Holdo.  And the Gamorrean Guard looks really cool, too.

-HAN SOLO 3.75" LINE - There seems to be a bunch of similar characters here as we've got in the 6" TBS line, and word is that Hasbro is holding off on some items to be revealed closer to the SOLO line launch in April.  In this range I really like the pack-in weapons/accessories with the figure 2-packs.  They looks a bit more like the lived-in kind of world we've grown accustomed to, and not ridiculous like the accessories we got in the TFA line.

-THE VINTAGE COLLECTION - There's plenty to talk about here!  Lots of cool offerings, but it's tempered with some pessimism.  And that's because the first wave is almost ENTIRELY repacks except for ONE new figure.  Snoke will be the only new figure/character in that entire wave.  And this sort of rollout for a line is discouraging because we've seen this before, where a line rolls out with reissues first.  Those linger because people don't want to buy the same figure again.  That causes a traffic jam in distribution and potentially stalls the truly new figures from hitting the pegs.

Beyond that?  The new figures look really good.  I'm glad to see that they're going to offer a TVC Han Solo from SOLO in either the 2nd or 3rd wave of the line.  I'm a little put off by some of the figures being WalMart exclusives (TLJ Rey & SOLO Mimban Stormtrooper) since WalMart really dropped the ball with their most recent TBS exclusive.

The Imperial Tank from Rogue One was pretty awesome.  It's going to be a little pricey, but it also got some amazing details.  But hands down, the Sail Barge stole the show!  WOW.  I still can't believe that they came up with a plan to make this.  And to go the crowd funding route, too?  As I'm writing this the campaign has over 1100 backers.  They need to get to 5,000 in order to go into production.  For myself?  I love the idea and it looks amazing.  But $500 is a lot of money.  Granted, I've got a lot of surplus stuff from my collection that I've been selling off.  Can I sell off enough of it to fund this?  We'll see.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 06:17:06 PM »

So is the Sail Barge going to be the USS Flagg of the new generation.  Couple feet short I guess.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 05:01:34 PM »

6" Gamorrean Guard. I think I'll get 10-15 of them  ;D. Can't believe it's a Target exclusive and not a general release. Jabbas sail barge. WOW!  I'm all in. Those 2 items are good enough news for me.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Toy Fair 2018 - DISCUSSION
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 01:48:09 PM »

You've no doubt seen the news that's been breaking in our Toy Fair 2018 News & Images thread.  There's significant developments in the 6" Black Series, the relaunch of the Vintage Collection, more revelations for the SOLO toy line, and of course, the crowdfunded Vintage Collection Sail Barge campaign.

What's your take on all of this news?  Sound off!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 23 queries.

anything