New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New to the NJSWCC? Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HASLAB - Vintage Collection Sail Barge Crowdfunding Project  (Read 391 times)

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
Re: HASLAB - Vintage Collection Sail Barge Crowdfunding Project
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2018, 08:03:24 AM »

I was feeling pretty skeptical for a while.  Especially when the order numbers were between about 1500 and 3000.  But once the campaign got past about 4000 backers it seemed to kick into high gear!  There's still another 39 hours for people to back the barge, and there's well over 6000 backers now.  It makes me wonder if Hasbro is going to allow those international buyers to take part in the campaign since they had said something to the effect that if they got over the 5000 backer threshold they might just do that.

As for me?  There's definitely going to be a little sweating once that charge hits.  But it's going to be nice to get some of the extras, like the POTF carded Yakface and the book about the development of the Sail Barge. 

I'm also trying to sort out how I'm going to display this thing.  Do I put together a full Sarlacc Pit battle diorama?  Because between the Sail Barge, the POTF2 Skiff and the Sarlacc Pit ultimate battle pack (which also had a Skiff), there's a lot of elements to build that scene now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea!"

Darth Wallet

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • Hunting for Toys Across the Galaxy
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2018, 12:03:46 AM »

Well they did it.  Not sure how but they did.  Can't wait to get mine  ;D

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 06:02:29 PM »

The price seems to be the big stumbling block in this case.  $500 is not an insignificant amount of money for a lot of people.  And if you look at the price history of large Star Wars vehicles over the past 20 years, the jump in price is VERY substantial:

1999 - EPISODE I - Naboo Royal Starship - $99.99
1999 - EPISODE I - Fambaa & Gungan Warrior - $75.00
2002 - SAGA - Imperial Shuttle - $99.99
2004 - OTC - Millennium Falcon - $49.99
2006 - THE SAGA COLLECTION - Imperial Shuttle - $59.99
2008 - CLONE WARS - AT-TE - $99.99
2008 - LEGACY COLLECTION - Millennium Falcon - $159.99
2009 - CLONE WARS - Clone Turbo Tank - $99.99
2010 - CLONE WARS SOTDS - AT-AT - $99.99
2011 - CLONE WARS - Republic Attack Shuttle - $79.99
2012 - VINTAGE COLLECTION - Millennium Falcon - $249.99
2012 - DISCOVER THE FORCE - MTT - $129.99
2012 - VINTAGE COLLECTION - AT-AT - $149.99
2013 - VINTAGE COLLECTION - Republic Gunship - $119.99
2015 - THE FORCE AWAKENS - Millennium Falcon - $149.99
2015 - BLACK SERIES - First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter - $179.99
2016 - ROGUE ONE - AT-ACT - $299.99
2017 - THE LAST JEDI - BB-8/Flagship Playset - $149.99

The jump up to $500 is really big.  Especially after most people played the sale/clearance game on the last few high end offerings.  The Haslab model doesn't allow people to do that.

videoviper

• Full Access
  • Youngling
  • The NJSWCC Rules!
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2018, 10:25:34 AM »

Surprised this hasn't reach its inital goal yet, But given the time frame its not 100% surprising.

I have no doubt this will get made, but as much as I'd to get one, I don't have the cash now & won't for the forseeable future.  (Need to get a car)

If they had a longer prep time, I think it would have helped people save up.

They haven't really given updates (except for the painted model) as much as other Kickstarters.

International shipping is a general nightmare, so I get why they aren't opening it up until they get the 5000+ backers.

Hoping Haslabs does take off & it becomes a great way to get figure packs, troop builders, cantina aliens, other special packs, that are more collector based.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2018, 05:43:55 AM »

It seems like there was a significant lull in backers about a week or so into the campaign.  But from what I've read it seems that they will start off very strong and then dip down for a while.  Close to the end of the campaign there tends to be another surge.  I'm wondering if it's going to surge enough to break through that 5000 mark?  The current count is 3662.  But in the course of a week the campaign gained around 1000 backers.  And no doubt the arrangement that Dark Side Toys has made to accommodate European buyers has made a significant impact, even if those buyers are being charged somewhere around $800!

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 05:28:23 AM »

I am hoping they make it. I signed up for a barge. A lot of people have ordered 2 and some 3 in hopes of selling off the second one or in hopes of selling off the yak face figure for big dollars. I don't think they will sell well on the secondary market for a long time if that's what people are banking on. If people want the barge then they have had over a month to get it. I think the barge looks great and has a lot of detail and would love to have one. I'm only hoping more people or etailers sign up for some before the end. Numbers really jumped when they showed painted pics and added the yak face figure.

Matthew

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
  • OT Loose - PT Carded
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2018, 05:39:32 PM »

I don't think they'll make it unless a sponsor steps up and buys the rest or a scalper to sell them on the secondary market.
What I posted was true.....from a certain point of view.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 10:32:02 AM »

There are now 3585 backers for the Sail Barge, and the deadline is just 9 days away.  Who here thinks we're going to break the 5000 backer threshold?  And who has ordered a Sail Barge?

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 10:52:33 AM »

There are now close to 3200 backers for the Sail Barge.  How optimistic are people feeling that HasLab will hit the 5000 backer goal by April 3rd?

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 03:37:39 PM »

Hasbro has reportedly opened up the pre-orders to Canadian customers.  I wonder if we're going to see a significant jump in backers as a result?

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 10:18:32 AM »

I think this is an interesting way for Hasbro to offer something like the Sail Barge.  They're trying to tap into the sentiment surrounding a kickstarter, but in actuality this seems like a targetted pre-order.  They want to hit that 5000 order mark before they go into production, and won't offer it to international buyers unless they get to that 5000 order threshold.

I have mixed feelings about this.  On a positive note, I think that it's awesome that Hasbro would try to find an avenue to offer the Sail Barge.  It looks amazing.  And it can easily be a showcase piece for a collection.

But the model that was shown is over 4 feet long, and when packaged the box would probably be substantially over 4 feet wide.  Most retail shelves are only 4 feet wide, and by that criteria alone the retailers probably would not be able to accommodate this on store shelves.  That makes it clear to me that Hasbro had to find another way to get this to customers.  So they needed to go with a direct to consumer model.

I am not crazy about the price.  $500 is not an insignificant amount of money.  The most I've ever paid for a Star Wars vehicle was around $160 when the Millennium Falcon was offered in the Legacy Collection around 2008.

Right now there are over 2100 backers on the campaign.  And we have 33 days to go to reach the 5000 backer goal.  Are we going to get there?  I don't know.  I want to be optimistic, but I think that the $500 price tag may have priced some people out of the market.  And I think a bunch of people have taken a wait and see approach.  Maybe there will be a surge at the end to put this over the top.  But right now, I'm on the fence about committing to this.

Pete_Fett

• Jedi Council
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 01:11:17 PM »

I signed up for two on day one. I've also offered to help a friend who's in Orlando who's been VERY helpful when it came to various Droid Factory releases over the last six years or so.

I am very hopeful that Hasbro reaches their 5000 backers goal, good to see it at 2058 backers (as of this post) after only 11 days with 35 to go, but unfortunately the rate of new backers each day seems to have slowed a bit. Hopefully there will be a push of last-minute backers similar to what happens with many Kickstarter campaigns.
Peter

hokiepoker

• Full Access
  • Jedi Council
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 01:56:38 PM »

I took the plunge and Iím sure hoping it gets made. Iíll gladly pay the money to see it made. If not I guess I keep my $500. I was in first day.

Nicklab

• NJSWCC E.I.C.
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Council
HASLAB - Vintage Collection Sail Barge Crowdfunding Project
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 08:51:13 AM »

From LATEST NEWS:
Hasbro made a HUGE Vintage Collection vehicle announcement at Toy Fair.  Go to https://www.hasbrolab.com/ for images and video of the proposed Vintage Collection Sail Barge Khetanna.

This vehicle represents Hasbro's first venture into crowd-funding a potential offering.  The campaign runs now through 11:59 ET on April 3rd, 2018.  Hasbro needs a minimum of 5,000 backers in order for the project to move forward.  Each commitment to purchase the Sail Barge costs $499.99 plus tax.  If there are enough backers, methods of payment will be charged on April 4, 2018.

WHATS INCLUDED:
-The Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna) complete with exquisitely-detailed and fan accessible interior/exterior decks, two soft-cloth fabric sails, and other realistic features that mimic one of the most notorious vehicles in the Star Wars universe

-Jabba the Hutt 3.75-inch scale figure

-Classic Vintage Collection packaging with special limited edition HASLAB seal of authenticity
Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna): Behind the Workbench, a premium, 64-page booklet, that goes behind the scenes of the design and development of the actual Sail Barge film set piece and Hasbro toy. Complete with set photos, product blueprints, interviews, and more.

-A dedicated, ongoing stream of behind-the-scenes development updates, keeping you informed as The Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna) makes its way from a dream at Hasbro to a reality in your hands (subject to reaching the minimum backing goal).

-If the minimum number of backers (5,000) is reached by 11:59 EST on April 3, 2018, The Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna) estimated ship date is 2/28/2019 and Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna): Behind the Workbench booklet will start shipping on 4/4/2018.

This topic really merits a thread of it's own.  Who is taking the plunge on the Sail Barge?  And are you optimistic that Hasbro will meet their 5000 order goal to go into production?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 23 queries.

anything